XPO | 1st in 1st out over Seniority Rules

Oddly, this has been the rule in the west for at least 10 years...most guys yawned through that part of the video...they couldn't believe it wasn't that way everywhere...

:hide: We are NOT one Company! The leaders would love for every one of us worker units to believe it, I do not! We are still 3 separate Companys. :smilie_132:

Oddly, this has been the rule in the west for at least 10 years...most guys yawned through that part of the video...they couldn't believe it wasn't that way everywhere...
There was absolutely no reason for the way they were doing it EXCEPT to demonstrate authority.

So you think the "new" way is better..?? I think it is sensible to honor seniority, offer from the top, force from the bottom, and that's the only way we do it..

Many years ago as a newbie, I thought giving the nod to seniority was the right thing to do. In The Land of Arbor where The John resides, it has been handled differently...and inconsistently.

Many years ago as a newbie, I thought giving the nod to seniority was the right thing to do. In The Land of Arbor where The John resides, it has been handled differently...and inconsistently.

it's as simple as that, and that's the way ive always seen it.

but this new generation we hire...let's just say they dont respect seniority as much.

it's as simple as that, and that's the way ive always seen it.

but this new generation we hire...let's just say they dont respect seniority as much.
Very true. They all want to start at the top. And our local managements attitude is, "we need to keep the new guys happy so they don't quit but we know the old guys will complain but they have to much time with the company to quit."