TForce | 2/3 have signed

March 17, 2008

(Washington, D.C.) – With victories in Ohio and Pennsylvania, two-thirds of UPS Freight workers have signed authorization cards to become Teamsters, announced Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. The number of UPS Freight workers who are seeking to join the Teamsters is about 8,400 since January 16.

I don't think it will be three years as originaly thought by the Teamsters officials.
The way its going maybe a few months will be more like it.

Maybe there will be a contract by May?
That would be something seeing we were rebranded from Overnite to UPS Freight the first of May 2005.

Theres your three years,from 2005 till 2008 non-union to union.

Who'd of thunk it when we were first tossed into the UPS group of transportation companies?

I don't think it will be three years as originaly thought by the Teamsters officials.
The way its going maybe a few months will be more like it.

Maybe there will be a contract by May?
That would be something seeing we were rebranded from Overnite to UPS Freight the first of May 2005.

Theres your three years,from 2005 till 2008 non-union to union.

Who'd of thunk it when we were first tossed into the UPS group of transportation companies?

Apo, I had no idea of the timeline at first, but I knew from day one, once we were UPS we would be in the union. How did I know this? UPS 225,000 union employees vs ovnt 12,600 non-union employees = game over.
If you were against the union, you were on the losing side since day one. Nothing anyone did or said was or is going to stop it. Resistence was and is futile. No math or anti-Teamster propaganda was going to stop it. The smart ones got on board early. Those who are still fighting are wasting there time. When the Ex-president of overnite was shown the door, that was the end of the old ways. I still have my anti-union DVD that leo and gordon sent me and I will keep it as a reminder of how these two guys sold out all the anti-union guys at overnite for there lucrative stock options. The whole ovnt vs Teamster battle was never about the employees. It was about POWER! UPS has the power now and they share it with the 'union of employees.' Because that is what a union means to me, POWER at my work place. :1036316054:

Apo, I had no idea of the timeline at first, but I knew from day one, once we were UPS we would be in the union. How did I know this? UPS 225,000 union employees vs ovnt 12,600 non-union employees = game over.
If you were against the union, you were on the losing side since day one. Nothing anyone did or said was or is going to stop it. Resistence was and is futile. No math or anti-Teamster propaganda was going to stop it. The smart ones got on board early. Those who are still fighting are wasting there time. When the Ex-president of overnite was shown the door, that was the end of the old ways. I still have my anti-union DVD that leo and gordon sent me and I will keep it as a reminder of how these two guys sold out all the anti-union guys at overnite for there lucrative stock options. The whole ovnt vs Teamster battle was never about the employees. It was about POWER! UPS has the power now and they share it with the 'union of employees.' Because that is what a union means to me, POWER at my work place. :1036316054:

Very well put Nostradamus. OOPS, I mean Lieb. :smilie_132:

...yeah the writting was on the wall....but there are still those that refuse to see...OVERNITE is no more folks...and UPS runs things their way.....period....but it`s all the unions fault...yeap thats what I`m hearing....

I'd say its all the governments fault.
they really need to do something to give our weakened economy a boost.
get the people who buy stuff back to their buying,and get more freight for our trucks to move.

I remember back in the day when this country was really booming we were moving a lot of freight around.
Talk about getting great union contracts,oh my give me the good old days for the richer economy,and the full loads of freight going everywhere.

I'd say its all the governments fault.
they really need to do something to give our weakened economy a boost.
get the people who buy stuff back to their buying,and get more freight for our trucks to move.

I remember back in the day when this country was really booming we were moving a lot of freight around.
Talk about getting great union contracts,oh my give me the good old days for the richer economy,and the full loads of freight going everywhere.

The weakened economy is a direct result of one thing....OIL PRICES ! I try to conserve the best I can,but, there seems no end. Pretty soon " ...a bag of gold will buy a loaf of bread..." ! This recession will make the stagflation of the 70's seem like the good ole days !