XPO | 2.5% of our wages will be given back in jan '10

Hey Rat he said we were exhausted because of the increased work hours....if they knew anything about a driver especially a linehaul driver thats why we do this...or i do...i want my 60 everyweek...i am "exhausted" from all their bullshit....but i know one thing I am doing this over 20 years and if something happens here I will find a job a lot faster than the "management team".....they cant get a computer to do what I do...at least not yet

Move south or west. You'll get 70 every week.

My manager made mention something to the effect if you are counting on the five or six weeks of vacation lost to benefit your retirement then you aren't ready to retire...thats not the point...its the idea that they failed to deliver on what they promised...I cut and pasted this one Rat....that manager and all at the crystal palace need to understand that we know that what they did on this one was OUT RIGHT THEFT...THATS RIGHT THEY STOLE A YEARS WORTH OF VACATION AND PERSONAL DAYS FROM EVERYONE OF US...and as far as being ready to retire...lets recap...frozen pension....and a 8% cut on the 401K....its going to be tough on all to retire.....they need to practice what they preach they say theft is theft...no matter if its a piece of candy or a trailer load of computers....they will terminate and prosecute....How can they possibly justify this .....And yes I know if I dont like it I can quit....I may have to eat this ::shit:: sandwich but I dont have to like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are exactly right 1962, the crystal palaces double standards really stood out when this happened, and we the employees failed to make enough noise about it and let them get away with it. If you or I stole a piece of freight, Conway would prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, even if it was just a candybar, at the very least we would be fired. Then they turn around and steal several thousand dollars from everyone of us and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

As far as I'm concerned the people that work in the crystal palace, are no better than the executives that worked at Enron. Just a bunch of pencil pushing thieves, robbing us with a pen instead of a gun.

John Boy needs more hair plugs put in to make him look better.......:biglaugh:

How could you tell he had hair plugs?

8011-1a-l.jpg

product_136.jpg

about the p&g deal, our regional mgr told us that they were waiting on the vendors to get the rest of ther materials together but,some of the trailers were already being done. gee you sure would think that a reg mgr would know something.

about the p&g deal, our regional mgr told us that they were waiting on the vendors to get the rest of ther materials together but,some of the trailers were already being done. gee you sure would think that a reg mgr would know something.

That's not what I heard. I heard the the contracts have not been signed because the vendor that was supposed to install the decals went AWAL. No one is sure if it's just on hold or not oging to happen at all.

It looks like we are getting back 2.5% of the 95% pay that we make now. that is just like this company to say they are giving back..... but with a small catch. how about paying us 97.5% of our original wage.

i tried paying attention but all the crap running out of his mouth made me ill its always the same old s*@t out of his mouth blah blah blah

Hey Rat he said we were exhausted because of the increased work hours....if they knew anything about a driver especially a linehaul driver thats why we do this...or i do...i want my 60 everyweek...i am "exhausted" from all their bullshit....but i know one thing I am doing this over 20 years and if something happens here I will find a job a lot faster than the "management team".....they cant get a computer to do what I do...at least not yet

One thing for certain...its never going to get any better.

After all the BS I have listened to and witnessed over the last several years I am convinced we have turned a corner....and not a very good corner at that!

I have said this before...I am amazed at the perception this company maintains when it comes to the collective intelligence of their drivers....

They think we are idiots...plain and simple. No out and around explanations or sleight of hand...just up yours...this is how it is going to be and if you don't like it...OH WELL!!!

I will give them this...at least they are upfront...:biglaugh:

I won't go into all the adjustments we have had to suffer over this time...you know what they are.

But when I watched the video and thought to myself these folks think I am a complete and utter moron...I had an epiphany...they do think we are morons!!!

After all this...and then a 96 OR and tell me what a fine job we have done....can't give you back anything because we didn't make the 95 OR. Volumes are up but revenues are down.

Now we have to hear from the marketing dept. and see all the sports logos in the background...and boast we are following Colin Braun into the Nationwide series for 18 races...

96 OR...now where do you think that came into play?

The most insulting statement in the video was the one about the ROIs...we went from $1.40 ROI in the Truck Racing series to $3.00 ROI by following Braun into the Nascar fiasco.

96 OR...

I can make up numbers all day long...and I know there are companies that measure advertising results for retailers, etc...but come on!..I am not quite that ignorant.

Where is all this return? Where is all this money they claim to have saved on takebacks...fuel savings on cutting the trucks back...monies saved on stolen vacation time...ROIs from their sports investments...putting the old junk back on the road...and any number of other initiatives this well run machine has come up with over the last several years...hell...we ought to be rolling in money!

96 OR....

It boils down to this...they were either going to give it back to us or spend it their pet projects...guess which option won out?

Yes we have turned a corner....down a dead end street...give me back 2.5% and then double my insurance premiums...they would have been better to have done nothing....

OH WAIT!!!...I am a moron and will not notice the difference....MY BAD!!!!

Rat

One thing for certain...its never going to get any better.

After all the BS I have listened to and witnessed over the last several years I am convinced we have turned a corner....and not a very good corner at that!

I have said this before...I am amazed at the perception this company maintains when it comes to the collective intelligence of their drivers....

They think we are idiots...plain and simple. No out and around explanations or sleight of hand...just up yours...this is how it is going to be and if you don't like it...OH WELL!!!

I will give them this...at least they are upfront...:biglaugh:

I won't go into all the adjustments we have had to suffer over this time...you know what they are.

But when I watched the video and thought to myself these folks think I am a complete and utter moron...I had an epiphany...they do think we are morons!!!

After all this...and then a 96 OR and tell me what a fine job we have done....can't give you back anything because we didn't make the 95 OR. Volumes are up but revenues are down.

Now we have to hear from the marketing dept. and see all the sports logos in the background...and boast we are following Colin Braun into the Nationwide series for 18 races...

96 OR...now where do you think that came into play?

The most insulting statement in the video was the one about the ROIs...we went from $1.40 ROI in the Truck Racing series to $3.00 ROI by following Braun into the Nascar fiasco.

96 OR...

I can make up numbers all day long...and I know there are companies that measure advertising results for retailers, etc...but come on!..I am not quite that ignorant.

Where is all this return? Where is all this money they claim to have saved on takebacks...fuel savings on cutting the trucks back...monies saved on stolen vacation time...ROIs from their sports investments...putting the old junk back on the road...and any number of other initiatives this well run machine has come up with over the last several years...hell...we ought to be rolling in money!

96 OR....

It boils down to this...they were either going to give it back to us or spend it their pet projects...guess which option won out?

Yes we have turned a corner....down a dead end street...give me back 2.5% and then double my insurance premiums...they would have been better to have done nothing....

OH WAIT!!!...I am a moron and will not notice the difference....MY BAD!!!!

Rat

I totally agree!!!! like most L\H guys I got a call from a city guy that explained the video...as most who know me know all the ::shit:: i got into at the barn and on here....i actually was so mad one morning that I tried to type a post in the dark and looked like a complete idiot,,,,but i was my 15 minutes of fame on here....I went in and was ready to start again....but like you after I watched the video..I chuckled and said ya they think we are stupid...and its just going to continue...btw i had a private viewing with my tm....i guess he didnt want me to get myself fired like I almost did the last time....and when it was over I asked how much the insurance is going up and i went back to work....John L did get one thing right I am exhausted but its not from the work

1962 you must be a clone of my hubby. Everyone gets out the bomb suits when he has to see a video. :biglaugh:

Not that it's a funny thing what is going on but how they think drivers are stupid or lower class because they aren't sitting behind closed doors at the C.P. and spending money on crazy things.

They said we will get back 2.5% of our wages they took in jan 2010 ... I am thinking this will be a trade off for our benefits increasing. They gave us some goals to achieve to get the rest of our percentage points back BUT ... they hold the key to the success not us ... the old carrot on a stick does not seem to help our moral anymore cause they can move the numbers around to suit their desires .. because ...

That phrase vitocorleone99 said will stick with me for a long time ...
(Ya Think)!:eck13:

So,we have to earn back(2.5%)what was taken from us?Con-Way at their finest!!

Maybe we didn't earn it before so they are giving us another chance.

Very considerate.

Oh we earned it...they just cooked things...aka the revenue adjustments and all the sports sponsorships we seem to be 'dying' to particiapte in...

Why the hell give you the money when they can spend it on 'pet' projects?

Geesh!

Rat

They said we will get back 2.5% of our wages they took in jan 2010 ... I am thinking this will be a trade off for our benefits increasing. They gave us some goals to achieve to get the rest of our percentage points back BUT ... they hold the key to the success not us ... the old carrot on a stick does not seem to help our moral anymore cause they can move the numbers around to suit their desires .. because ...

That phrase vitocorleone99 said will stick with me for a long time ...

it's called bait & switch
take away a benny and then give it back later and the worker will think he got something:biglaugh:
just think of the money they saved and the interest they made on that money while they have it
so now when they give it back to you , you in reality have paid for any additional tid bits they now give ::shit::
and most employees will thank them for it
go figure!!!!

it's called bait & switch
take away a benny and then give it back later and the worker will think he got something:biglaugh:
just think of the money they saved and the interest they made on that money while they have it
so now when they give it back to you , you in reality have paid for any additional tid bits they now give ::shit::
and most employees will thank them for it
go figure!!!!

Very good point big steve .. i agree with you 100%

I feel like we just invested into a ponzi scheme that Bernie Madoff with a CNWY stockholder.

The older I get the more I realize that corporations are legalized crime. They pay off judges, politicians, and who knows who else. They lobby for there own wallets. Meanwhile I have to pay more taxes with less money. And the big XYZ Company pays less taxes and reaps the benefits from stealing from their employees. As I know some will debate with me that its not stealing, please don't argue with me. I have worked for companies bigger than CNWY and smaller. The moral of the story if you steal from them your going to loose your job, possibly go to jail. If XYZ takes from you its business. They shove all this propaganda telling us they need to do this to be competitive, however they must line the pockets of the stockholders and pay off the lobbyist to take all our rights away from us.

As far as the P&G thing. I know some of you think we are going to get some of the money back from that. But its like this: If I buy you 6 piece nuggets, and you happen to get 7 pieces.. Are you really going to give me the extra one back?

But if you think we have it that bad and we do, you should really talk to anyone else that is working any type of job.. Believe me its going on everywhere else.. And it will continue till we all stand up to these entities. Until then hand over the pay checks, because they will continue to take.