XPO | 2/9/10 Who Is Shut Down Tonight?

B

Bankrupt

I find it hard to believe on a weeknight but I hear some FAC's are shut down due to winter snow.

Who is, or who is not?

Xhg is shutdown again i remember a couple years ago u ran no matter what! But its ok after taking over an hour to go 10 miles i would rather not be in the truck tonight!

I was told were not running XLA, XIN and I have the night off so far!!!! YOO WOO, b/c last night sucked driving home in this with two MTY's.

Nwr we shut down at 7:30 we had one truck make it to richmond called back the ya trucks back to winchester no freight to night iam a city driver not sure if i will work wed... ???????????

I find it hard to believe on a weeknight but I hear some FAC's are shut down due to winter snow.

Who is, or who is not?

Yeah man, I'm impressed. I know Clearfield was still running East and Pittsburgh was running everywhere except Hagerstown but I'm gonna be sitting on my couch or micro-managing the snow in my driveway for the next couple of hours.:guiness::guiness: to Con-way for making a good decision. It sounds cheesy, but I appreciate the fact that I was not sent out Friday or Tuesday in conditions that are not safe to drive in. I have plans this weekend that were made weeks ago, but if absolutely need be, I'll work and keep my mouth shut because I appreciate the fact I was not sent out tonight to get stuck on the road.

Yeah man, I'm impressed. I know Clearfield was still running East and Pittsburgh was running everywhere except Hagerstown but I'm gonna be sitting on my couch or micro-managing the snow in my driveway for the next couple of hours.:guiness::guiness: to Con-way for making a good decision. It sounds cheesy, but I appreciate the fact that I was not sent out Friday or Tuesday in conditions that are not safe to drive in. I have plans this weekend that were made weeks ago, but if absolutely need be, I'll work and keep my mouth shut because I appreciate the fact I was not sent out tonight to get stuck on the road.

do you really think they made that decision?? my guess they looked at other carriers THEN made the decision.

XCJ Shut down in Jersey Wednesday morning, Delaware a state of emergency, No vehicle's to be on the road. Two Linehaul drivers got out last night one to XCV and one to XMI.
6-8 inches fell thru the night and blizzard conditions exspected this after noon.. anothe foot to fall on top of the two feet we got last weekend.
How's your weather out west???

XCJ Shut down in Jersey Wednesday morning, Delaware a state of emergency, No vehicle's to be on the road. Two Linehaul drivers got out last night one to XCV and one to XMI.
6-8 inches fell thru the night and blizzard conditions exspected this after noon.. anothe foot to fall on top of the two feet we got last weekend.
How's your weather out west???

Just wet out here on the left coast. It's supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend.:guiness:

Just wet out here on the left coast. It's supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend.:guiness:

your a jerk prezars, but i have to join you. It was mighty cold lastnight on the dock, 45 degrees. It drizzled a bit in the afternoon. we had to get a rain coat for the hostler. i'm having a bbq this weekend.

lol

your a jerk prezars, but i have to join you. It was mighty cold lastnight on the dock, 45 degrees. It drizzled a bit in the afternoon. we had to get a rain coat for the hostler. i'm having a bbq this weekend.

lol

I thought the Peoples Republic of California didn't allow barbecues anymore?

Thats correct Dan! the Govenator has taxed open BBQ's along with lap dancing,, Opp's that ain't right!! I was born and raised in California.......

Maybe they should equip our trucks like this train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check out the one where the tank stopped right before the train came by?

well, i found out that it is up to the terminal managers if they want to run to the reships... they need their freight back by 830am i guess if they do not have faith in their linehaul drivers they decide not to run ... me? i wish i would have ran on 2/9/ but what do I know......

We're not closed down or anything, but we haven't had snow like this in North TX in about 10 years...it's pretty bad out right now..

Today, we had the heaviest single day snowfall in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in history (since they've been keeping records)

We're not closed down or anything, but we haven't had snow like this in North TX in about 10 years...it's pretty bad out right now..

Today, we had the heaviest single day snowfall in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in history (since they've been keeping records)

How much snow did you get?

Rat