XPO | 2 hour roll-back

DragRacer

******* Jockey
Credits
OK, we all know most of us (us being the drivers that have to adhere to it) don't care for first in, first out.

Let's add the 2 hour roll-back on Friday nights to the list of policies that we have a legit. issue with and would like to see our leaders change. I've always heard that the main reason for this policy is for outbound to have more time to build better headloads. If so, I can't even count (on Friday nights) how many times I've seen boxes stripped to get that one shipment out of the nose that had to come off. This happens (although it shouldn't) every night of the week, but if I am understanding the purpose of this policy, it shouldn't happen at all on Friday.

If there is a different reason for this policy, I'd like to know. If it's just to build better h/l's, management needs to either enforce this, or do away with the roll-back. Either fix the h/l blunders or quit cutting into the driver's family time. That's not too much to ask.

Thoughts?

The reason that our TM gives for the 2 hour backup on Fridays is: "to Make sure we get everyone's City freight back and outbound to FAC's..."
The only problem I see with that is that at least at my SIC our city is back in and done earlier Friday than any other day of the week!!!

Mozartsghost said:
The reason that our TM gives for the 2 hour backup on Fridays is: "to Make sure we get everyone's City freight back and outbound to FAC's..."
The only problem I see with that is that at least at my SIC our city is back in and done earlier Friday than any other day of the week!!!

It's the same at our place as well... I would like to see it eliminated or cut back to one hour or just to the last friday of the month during the summer months..

i dont see any reason for a two hour back up either especially on the day before thanksgiving!! this is ridiculous i have always been against it!. our o/b gets done at the same time every night whether its friday or tuesday they are done by 8-9 every night.

I know that this has been talked about alot. When I go to the meeting next month, I will again ask and keep asking. When we were sent the question from Dave Mc last year, I ask the same thing, still no answer.

Lawofone said:
I know that this has been talked about alot. When I go to the meeting next month, I will again ask and keep asking. When we were sent the question from Dave Mc last year, I ask the same thing, still no answer.

When you get back will you reveal your questions and tell us what their answers are?

I'd like to know their reasoning for the 2 hour roll back, besides getting all the freight back into the barn and out for the weekend.

Oh yah, what meeting are you talking about?

Besides Con-way, are there other LTL companies doing the same thing?

I just returned from Ann Arbor and the two hour back-up did come up again. They said they are thinking about making a decision on the back up on a week to week baisis as needed, will it ever happen? Who knows.

DragRacer said:
OK, we all know most of us (us being the drivers that have to adhere to it) don't care for first in, first out.

Let's add the 2 hour roll-back on Friday nights to the list of policies that we have a legit. issue with and would like to see our leaders change. I've always heard that the main reason for this policy is for outbound to have more time to build better headloads. If so, I can't even count (on Friday nights) how many times I've seen boxes stripped to get that one shipment out of the nose that had to come off. This happens (although it shouldn't) every night of the week, but if I am understanding the purpose of this policy, it shouldn't happen at all on Friday.

If there is a different reason for this policy, I'd like to know. If it's just to build better h/l's, management needs to either enforce this, or do away with the roll-back. Either fix the h/l blunders or quit cutting into the driver's family time. That's not too much to ask.

Thoughts?

Yes it was to get all the freight from late customers et al back and to the FAC.
Yes it is not necessary anymore since we really don't give a rat's bass about our customers freight unless they are next door to the terminal and shipping steel. ( sorry I might be a bit bitter regarding screwing customer service still )
We should really eliminate Friday line-haul and start Sunday night Line-haul. Freight gets back early to the Terminals as no one is late to the FAC and Friday P&D can pick up freight till midnight if they wanted to.
I know some of you really enjoy your Sundays but if you had a choice, wouldn't you rather have Fridays off?

treetop55 said:
I just returned from Ann Arbor and the two hour back-up did come up again. They said they are thinking about making a decision on the back up on a week to week baisis as needed, will it ever happen? Who knows.
Thinking about it.In 2001 I was told about golden and silver day's,Braking up one week of vacation.I was told about it again a month ago.When it's something good for the driver's they take their sweet time.

Gruven said:
Yes it was to get all the freight from late customers et al back and to the FAC.
Yes it is not necessary anymore since we really don't give a rat's bass about our customers freight unless they are next door to the terminal and shipping steel. ( sorry I might be a bit bitter regarding screwing customer service still )
We should really eliminate Friday line-haul and start Sunday night Line-haul. Freight gets back early to the Terminals as no one is late to the FAC and Friday P&D can pick up freight till midnight if they wanted to.
I know some of you really enjoy your Sundays but if you had a choice, wouldn't you rather have Fridays off?

I think you forgot about it would mess up the Saturday runs.

I personally like the first in first out policy I work the outbound at my sic and then run to xin where i only stay for 1 or 2 hours then return. as for the two hour backup well I think it is all but forgotten at my barn

i'm still trying to figure this one out but for some reason we only run an hour behind on friday nights. I think it's an *attempt* to reduce the number of lates. not that it really works, but oh well, can't win for trying i guess.