Estes | 2 part question

Hub driver
308_truck_20pic_20004.jpg

Linehaul driver
e768e79a-d69e-481d-a2e2-b8f99b0b2ede@news.ap.org.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ltl slows down in the winter. If it gets bad we rotate and let everyone work

Yeah, rotate.. The city drivers at our place complain about being left home because of the lack of freight, and a linehaul driver offers his run up for a night, and they turn it down.. F'em, let'em stay home and starve because of their laziness...

Hub and Linehaul run freight from terminal to terminal. Hub drivers also work the dock. Linehaul does not.

Teams run pretty good most of the year.

Can I get a run to say....Wichita and not work the dock? Its to cold or its to hot, is that asking to much?

Estes sure is picky! How can you fault a guy for wanting to start at the top?

I need to drop Mildews name more, then I may be able to get on.

Can I get a run to say....Wichita and not work the dock? Its to cold or its to hot, is that asking to much?

Estes sure is picky! How can you fault a guy for wanting to start at the top?

I need to drop Mildews name more, then I may be able to get on.

Be careful GT.. He's only got a good reputation in certain places(Kinda like me).. Others, will get you shot....LOL

Hub and Linehaul run freight from terminal to terminal. Hub drivers also work the dock. Linehaul does not.

Teams run pretty good most of the year.

We have plenty of Hub Runs where they never touch the dock, thats the new Linehaul way of doin things at the Big E pay less, Anyway to save a buck..

By the way Hub Drivers are paid less by the mile, something like 4 cents less, I can't remember I was a Hub driver one time worked the dock made good money then they took that away and decided the only way to make money is the Road/ Linehaul, you get the miles and the pay is a lot better.
The bad side is Estes is about saving money anyway they can these days and they are finding anyway they know how to get rid of Linehaul..

By the way Hub Drivers are paid less by the mile, something like 4 cents less, I can't remember I was a Hub driver one time worked the dock made good money then they took that away and decided the only way to make money is the Road/ Linehaul, you get the miles and the pay is a lot better.
The bad side is Estes is about saving money anyway they can these days and they are finding anyway they know how to get rid of Linehaul..
1 hub run has been added in our district in the last 5 years, the rest have been linehaul.. I'm sure the numbers differ from region to region, but there seems to be more linehaul than hub these days down here....

You can look at it as "saving money" or "saving jobs".. I'm positive there can be a case made either way... But some will never be satisfied, even of there were gold bars put in your box every day.... The age old question would be "Why aren't there more"? Remember, things could be worse... You could be on ObamaBucks...

How are P&D drivers paid? Estes has an opening in Neenah, Wi for a P&D driver. What do hub drivers do as compared to line haul?

How are P&D drivers paid? Estes has an opening in Neenah, Wi for a P&D driver. What do hub drivers do as compared to line haul?

P&D drivers are paid hourly. They top out somewhere in the neighborhood of 22 or 23 an hour I think.

Hub drivers move freight from terminal to terminal and usually work the dock. Hub is paid mileage and hourly. Linehaul just moves freight from terminal to terminal and is paid mileage.

.4785 per mile. We're getting a raise in January so add about a penny to that. Linehaul currently tops out at .5585

Benefits are not very expensive. I have nearly everything and its about $75 a week pre-tax.

Well, last year we got .011, the year before we got .0125. OD got .019 this year. We oughta get a penny or so. Hoping anyway.

Every year we get the same letter in the mail. The economy sucks, we have to be efficient. Blah blah. OD just got damn near 2 cents and they operate in the same economy we do. We've been busy as hell this year and it's getting old to hear about how much we're struggling.

I've heard a different number for this year but I've been waiting to see if anyone else heard the same thing. Happens every year.