XPO | 200 lose jobs at Con-way

really you think you by an american car there is not a car thats built in this country that is true american all the metal the parts are from foreign countries hell the machines that they use are not american come on guys there is not anything true 100% american any more

and if you think conway is the only trucking company doing this

I currently own 3 vehicles. All are American nameplates, built in the USA, but I drive a Freightliner built in Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator:
It don't matter what car you drive. Parts are made in Mexico and Canada. Look at some of the stampings on parts and the tags. Alot of them made in Mexico. Look at the boxes at the auto parts store. Made in Mexico and China.It's real hard to find American made auto parts anymore.

really you think you by an american car there is not a car thats built in this country that is true american all the metal the parts are from foreign countries hell the machines that they use are not american come on guys there is not anything true 100% american any more

and if you think conway is the only trucking company doing this
What ya say is true but when ya buy a car with an American name it showes your doing the best ya can to buy American . The corporate guys in this country aren't Americans they don't give two:::shit:: about America their corporatist no loyalty to any man or country . :ranting2:

What ya say is true but when ya buy a car with an American name it showes your doing the best ya can to buy American . The corporate guys in this country aren't Americans they don't give two:::shit:: about America their corporatist no loyalty to any man or country . :ranting2:

But as long as people keep buying them, they'll keep doing it. I disagree when you say it's the best you can do. I think it just shows the acceptance of it.

BTW, our surveys are coming soon, and I know they're not going to care much about our thoughts, but it's be start to gripe about the outsourcing. I know my comments wont do much good, but I'm not giving in. They day I decide to be quiet because they wont listen is the day I have given up. I'm not giving up just yet. They wont get the best of me that easy. When I do fail, I will do so knowing that I at least tried.

But as long as people keep buying them, they'll keep doing it. I disagree when you say it's the best you can do. I think it just shows the acceptance of it.

BTW, our surveys are coming soon, and I know they're not going to care much about our thoughts, but it's be start to gripe about the outsourcing. I know my comments wont do much good, but I'm not giving in. They day I decide to be quiet because they wont listen is the day I have given up. I'm not giving up just yet. They wont get the best of me that easy. When I do fail, I will do so knowing that I at least tried.

All we can do is keep trying and not give up. What really worries me besides Americans loosing their jobs is just what all are they sending to India. I had a loan with a company that sent their stuff to India and it almost cost me a lot of money. Some of the people who worked for them in India took personal information and tried commit identity theft. They even went as far as calling work trying to get the final bits of info they needed . I just don't like any of this. I also heard last night ( Line Haul Grape Vine for what it's worth , but right a lot of the time ) that Con-Way is wanting to scale back around 4000 employees . This came from a person in management that trains new employees. I can't see it but I would never have thought they would send jobs to India either.

What Con-Way did here was morally wrong......I'm concerned that we will outsource more jobs as time goes on as well. This will happen until we get a Government that WILL come up with a way to make it BENEFICIAL for companies to KEEP THEIR JOBS in the U.S. Obamacare, Job Outsourcing and 'So-Called Stimulating The Economy'......remember ALL OF THIS when we vote in November!

The views here are mine only and not Con-Way Freight's

Morally wrong is drivers walking around like proud peacocks boasting to customers they are going to put a company out of business like Conway, and fedex drivers did to YRC. I dont like to see anyone loose their jobs but lets face it folks, these last few months at YRC have been hell and you guys havent helped the cause, but now karmas seems to be rearing its ugly head, and the industry is in shambles. The lasting effect of 8 years of republican poor economic plan isnt helping either

Morally wrong is drivers walking around like proud peacocks boasting to customers they are going to put a company out of business like Conway, and fedex drivers did to YRC. I dont like to see anyone loose their jobs but lets face it folks, these last few months at YRC have been hell and you guys havent helped the cause, but now karmas seems to be rearing its ugly head, and the industry is in shambles. The lasting effect of 8 years of republican poor economic plan isnt helping either

What??...

I know dozens of FedEx and Con-Way drivers and have yet to hear any of them boast about driving YRC out of business. If anything they were as concerned as you because many of them (and myself as well) have friends and family that are employed by YRC.

I has been and continues to be a topic of conversation...but amongst ourselves...not to the customers...period.

FedEx and Con-Way got into a pricing war with YRC and other carriers...and other carriers sans Old Dominion gladly chimed in trying to keep freight on their trucks and revenue in their coffers.

If you have any gripe it is with the companies and not the drivers. YRC would have done the exact same thing given the chance.

The industry is not in shambles...YRC is in shambles...of their own making. There is a very bad case of over-capacity at the moment but it seems that may disappear in the short term.. Most companies have taken price increases of late...mostly out of necessity. Hopefully YRC will benefit from these coming changes...and people get back to work.

No karma involved...just bad business decisions. Bill Z. took a calculated risk and lost...it thats simple.

Lets put the blame squarely where it belongs...the Republicans didn't kill the economy...the bankers and the financial communities caused the collapse...along with the greed of Wall Street.

Predatory lending...sub-prime mortgages...over extending credit...offering credit to those least qualified...a ridiculously over inflated real estate market...lopsided trade deficits...over the top corporate taxes...and NAFTA (which good ole Pres. Bill C. embraced with open arms!) caused this mess.

The greed factor so pervasive in the board rooms of this country and others is astounding. There was a time when common folk were considered as decisions were rendered...but not anymore.

Profit for the sake of it regardless of who gets thrown under the bus.

The GOP while not entirely guiltless...wasn't the linchpin of this mess.

It took a co-operative effort by many to make this happen.

Rat

and NAFTA (which good ole Pres. Bill C. embraced with open arms!) caused this mess.

Just a point of clarification, NAFTA was created, framed and negotiated by George Bush Sr. He laid the groundwork but got voted out of office. Clinton came in and signed it trying to appease the right to the dismay of his supporters but only after adding in protections for workers and specifically truckers.

I just tried to check my pay statement on line. Server down again! Zero for two! This outsourcing thing really saves a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I got to say is this out sourcing is retarded. I call the other day to reset my portal password and ended up talking with someone from India that I could barely understand. This sucks I wanted to hang up on him. I had to ask him to repeat himself about 3 times cause he barely spoke english..... I hate calling any company and getting someone that cant even speak our language.:ranting2:

All I got to say is this out sourcing is retarded. I call the other day to reset my portal password and ended up talking with someone from India that I could barely understand. This sucks I wanted to hang up on him. I had to ask him to repeat himself about 3 times cause he barely spoke english..... I hate calling any company and getting someone that cant even speak our language.:ranting2:

There has been several different types of Companies that I stopped doing business with because of this same thing.