XPO | 2007 Pay Raise!!!

How come no one talks about the "slap in the face" pay, the local salaried employees get every year?
I know it is a sore subject and G.O probably knows this (In fact, it was admitted by SCM's). I think it's time for the FOS's to publically shed light on this subject.

Don't : I say Don't : Let the salaried personel feed you that line of S... Other than starting pay. In the corporate world management is paid more than the kraft employees. No need to reply to this post or me with a bunch of crap, because I know for a fact what I'm saying is correct. Don't misread I didn't say that FOS that just came on board from Burger King. The salaried employee with this greedy corp are well paid after they pay there dues. I know that for a Fact!

A driver was told by personnel that the Southern sector would be very satified with the pay increase. She would not say anything else. Has anything leaked out yet?

Don't : I say Don't : Let the salaried personel feed you that line of S... Other than starting pay. In the corporate world management is paid more than the kraft employees. No need to reply to this post or me with a bunch of crap, because I know for a fact what I'm saying is correct. Don't misread I didn't say that FOS that just came on board from Burger King. The salaried employee with this greedy corp are well paid after they pay there dues. I know that for a Fact!

You know for a fact?

I happen to be salaried now... I make far less than even a mid-scale linehaul DSR... When I was hourly I worked 40-70 hours per week, Paid up to sixty of that, now I rarely work LESS than 60 hours per week (Make that 70-75 if you count travel times) There are some weeks I will put in over 100 hours... Do the math, that's not "well paid" as you put it... I see my family only on weekends 90% of the time, just like a linehaul DSR, but make much less...

I'm not saying that all salaried employees make less than L/H but the bulk of your salaried positions make less... you have to get up to pretty high levels to jump L/H pay... we're talking class 1 or 2 SCM or above...

Sorry for the rant... I like what I do and I like what I'm paid for it...

That post just got under my skin...

MG

You know for a fact?

I happen to be salaried now... I make far less than even a mid-scale linehaul DSR... When I was hourly I worked 40-70 hours per week, Paid up to sixty of that, now I rarely work LESS than 60 hours per week (Make that 70-75 if you count travel times) There are some weeks I will put in over 100 hours... Do the math, that's not "well paid" as you put it... I see my family only on weekends 90% of the time, just like a linehaul DSR, but make much less...

I'm not saying that all salaried employees make less than L/H but the bulk of your salaried positions make less... you have to get up to pretty high levels to jump L/H pay... we're talking class 1 or 2 SCM or above...

MG

If you are putting in more than 50 hours a week, then you are being taken advantage of.

In Defense of MG

If you are putting in more than 50 hours a week, then you are being taken advantage of.

I have to disagree. Salaried employees that give beyond what is expected of them (time wise) are what we are all looking for when we ask for leadership (Commitment). Obviously there are many salaried employees out there that do only (and maybe less than) what is expected. Please don't make accusations without knowing all the details. If MG falls into the "make a difference" category, and from what I've read he does, then I'd assume he gives a little more and takes a little less, which comes part in part with the position. I also believe that salaried employees are under paid (way under paid in some cases) in most of the positions available. The pay decrease for taking a promotion is unjustified. In any other organization most positions of increased responsibility comes and increase in pay. Job title +responsibilty = $. This simple little equation doesn't seem to apply at con-way.
Keep up the good work and have a SAFE day!!

You know for a fact?

MG

I agree! :1036316054: chunkendale's post irked me also. I was hoping for a supervisor to chime in on this person.
He has his facts 100% WRONG!

SC1's and SC2's are underpaid as well. I know quite a few FOS's with 10+ years making less than 1175.00 gross, with measily RM approved penny pinching annual increments of 20-27.00 a week!
Account Executive not that far ahead of that amount either.
A new hire at their terminal who runs L/H can pass that up if he/she runs consistently :nutkick:

They are told to work a minimum of 10 hours a day. FOS's that consistently perform above and beyond the call of duty and meet their goals, (some unrealistic goals,like the ICP they blow up the supervisors butts) NEED to be compensated better. I'm sure alot of FOS's would agree and will probably not bother to reply.

I have to disagree. Salaried employees that give beyond what is expected of them (time wise) are what we are all looking for when we ask for leadership (Commitment). Obviously there are many salaried employees out there that do only (and maybe less than) what is expected. Please don't make accusations without knowing all the details. If MG falls into the "make a difference" category, and from what I've read he does, then I'd assume he gives a little more and takes a little less, which comes part in part with the position. I also believe that salaried employees are under paid (way under paid in some cases) in most of the positions available. The pay decrease for taking a promotion is unjustified. In any other organization most positions of increased responsibility comes and increase in pay. Job title +responsibilty = $. This simple little equation doesn't seem to apply at con-way.
Keep up the good work and have a SAFE day!!

You didn't disagree with me. I, in no way am questioning any body's work ethic. And if Mozartsghost wishes to be salaried and work far more hours than comparable salaried people elsewhere, then that is his biz and not mine.

Now on other points if a FOS works more hours than what is expected he/she should be awarded comp time (Very rare) or is positioning one's self for a promotion.

If he/she is doing this out of a love for The Corporation then he/she just became a candidate for the O'Brien award and something is wrong. I can love my wife, dog, grandkids, but not a Corporation.

Good for the FOS and we should hire more just like him/her - Because it's GREAT for The Corporation. These overachievers are willing to work long hours for little money. That's a beautiful thing on a spreadsheet and am willing to guess that any Corporation would be willing to take advantage of that. If someone wants to work 100 hours and I were the Corporation paying for 50, I would consider that an excellent day. And then knowing that this person is willing to do that, I would ask him/her to work 105 hours.

Have used the FOS position here for this point because I know that FOS pay is structured to correlate with a DSR working 50hours - roughly. Assuming that a FOS works 50 hours, then I would not call that a pay cut.

Am guessing that Mozartsghost is not a FOS but chose to accept his current position knowing in advance that it was demanding. But I really don't know.

And I wish him all of the best.

Hope I didn't hurt any O'brian award recipients feelings.

well looks like .50/mile and 21.00/hour for the southern end of this money makin' machine.with any luck we will ALL be bumped up again in June.

It is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.As long as we don't have an increase in insurance it is all good.It don't much good if its gonna get eat up by a premium increase.as far as cost of living goes it may cost more to live up north than here I don't know,but you could not pay me twice what I make now to live in a large metropolitan area.Got enough of that bovine ca ca when I lived in Houston about 20 years ago.See it didn't even take an hour to have a comment about the cost of living.:hide: All I want is for us to be one big happy family with no regional payscales.:biglaugh:

I think it is a flippen joke the company is making money hand over fist.And all they can give is a .40 raise it is just a slap in the face.I hope that all the big cheese's choke to death on there Porterhouse steak's.They all need to rot in hell.................:nutkick: :furious: :greedy: :wtflol:

Tell us how you really feel!

I think it is a flippen joke the company is making money hand over fist.And all they can give is a .40 raise it is just a slap in the face.I hope that all the big cheese's choke to death on there Porterhouse steak's.They all need to rot in hell.................:nutkick: :furious: :greedy: :wtflol:

Don't hold back there Troublemaker, tell us how you really feel......lol

You didn't disagree with me. I, in no way am questioning any body's work ethic. And if Mozartsghost wishes to be salaried and work far more hours than comparable salaried people elsewhere, then that is his biz and not mine.....

If someone wants to work 100 hours and I were the Corporation paying for 50, I would consider that an excellent day. And then knowing that this person is willing to do that, I would ask him/her to work 105 hours.....

.....Have used the FOS position here for this point because I know that FOS pay is structured to correlate with a DSR working 50hours - roughly. Assuming that a FOS works 50 hours, then I would not call that a pay cut.....

....Am guessing that Mozartsghost is not a FOS but chose to accept his current position knowing in advance that it was demanding. But I really don't know.

It's not a matter of love or money... It's a matter of getting the work done. If I were told to work 60 or more hours I would say no. I only work until my work is complete beyond 50 hours. Sometimes it's 50 hours sometimes more...

I prefer to get all of my work done during the week. My weekends are my time and I do not let work interfere (Except for the occasional GO Visit)... Salaried positions beyond FOS are structured differently, you have to take work home sometimes.

And yes, I knew in advance how much more work would be involved before I took this position.. Like I said wasn't complaining, I just seriously disagreed with the posts Insinuation that salaried positions all make huge $$$...

Agree to disagree

Ok Bank, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you here, but I disagreed with your statement about MG being taken advantage of, that's all. If I were to guess I'd put my money on, auditor. (his position)
:shades:

Ok Bank, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you here, but I disagreed with your statement about MG being taken advantage of, that's all. If I were to guess I'd put my money on, auditor. (his position)
:shades:

Fair enough. If we always agreed then why talk about any issues at all.

I can find out what he does, I really didn't care but now my curiosty is up. I suppose an auditor could claim Ohio as his location, but I was thinking something else.

I know who knows him and his name has been brought up before as though I know him too. If that fails I'll ask Mozartsgost.

It's not a matter of love or money... It's a matter of getting the work done. If I were told to work 60 or more hours I would say no. I only work until my work is complete beyond 50 hours. Sometimes it's 50 hours sometimes more...

I prefer to get all of my work done during the week. My weekends are my time and I do not let work interfere (Except for the occasional GO Visit)... Salaried positions beyond FOS are structured differently, you have to take work home sometimes.

And yes, I knew in advance how much more work would be involved before I took this position.. Like I said wasn't complaining, I just seriously disagreed with the posts Insinuation that salaried positions all make huge $$$...

I understand and am not disagreeing with you.

Fair enough. If we always agreed then why talk about any issues at all.

I can find out what he does, I really didn't care but now my curiosty is up. I suppose an auditor could claim Ohio as his location, but I was thinking something else.

I know who knows him and his name has been brought up before as though I know him too. If that fails I'll ask Mozartsgost.

I'm famous, or Infamous Depending on your perspective!! Some would argue more infamous I think, at least if you were on the wrong side of an LER I sent when I was a QCL...

(My Position is under my profile...)

As a driver gone to fos and back, When I started I agreed to the pay with hopes of more $. After 10 months of 15 to 18 $hr average with 11 to 13 hr a day,+ weekend work, I had had enough. Con-Way got there money's worth out of me last yr. It was a costly learning expereance.