FedEx Freight | 2015 Benefits Enrollment October 15 - November 5

Under no circumstances should you take the Wellness survey. The personal information you are asked to provide is not protected by HIPPA privacy laws. The company sees all of the info you enter and can use it against you. They will also sell it to pharma and healthcare vendors. I made the mistake of taking it and disclosing joint pain and now I am getting harassing calls at my home at night to switch drugs.

The health care account is a joke but your privacy is serious business.

Under no circumstances should you take the Wellness survey. The personal information you are asked to provide is not protected by HIPPA privacy laws. The company sees all of the info you enter and can use it against you. They will also sell it to pharma and healthcare vendors. I made the mistake of taking it and disclosing joint pain and now I am getting harassing calls at my home at night to switch drugs.

The health care account is a joke but your privacy is serious business.

You know..you bring up a important piece of information.

Data is BIG, BIG, business. Lots of money to be made in it. I wonder how much money is made of off FEDEX employees personal information that is being handed to them.

For Sale: Your Name and Medical Condition - Businessweek
More than 1,400 companies sell consumer data. Corporations spent $7 billion in 2012 for access to lists and databases with bits of information on individuals—ranging from whether someone owns a pet to what medication he takes—to better target their ads, according to a study commissioned by the Direct Marketing Association, a data broker trade group. Acxiom reported revenue of $1.1 billion last

Privacy Policy - ConsumerMedical

DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE

Please note that ConsumerMedical adheres to the requirements outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (the “HITECH Act”), which regulates privacy of an individual’s medical information and health information. Any medical information or health information collected by ConsumerMedical online during the course of providing services will not be disclosed except in strict accordance with HIPAA regulations.

If you are obtaining our services through an employer-sponsored benefit or program, then ConsumerMedical may share aggregate information with your employer as part of reports submitted by ConsumerMedical to your employer.
may share your personally identifiable information, medical information and/or health information with our partners for performing their contractual obligations under agreements with ConsumerMedical ( this is scary)
ConsumerMedical . ConsumerMedical requires our partners to protect your personally identifiable information, medical information and health information. ConsumerMedical will not rent, sell, or share your personally identifiable information, medical information, and/or health information with third parties, except that ConsumerMedical will likely transfer your personally identifiable information, medical information, and/or health information if ConsumerMedical is acquired by or merged with another company or in the case of the sale of all or substantially all of ConsumerMedical assets.

Con_Med_Fine_Prnt.jpg

Seems to me, the first sentence is quite telling. The last sentence is something we should remember, as we rarely see it in print. Will be nice to see that phrase taken out of the lexicon.

The above was from ConsumerMedical. They are a 3rd party contracted to help you with decisions on any medical condition, per their material. ConsumerMedical

It looks like we have another 3rd party (per mailer received today), contracted to help you. Also more sharing of your medical info. Healthways ( Healthways - About Healthways ) seems to be the firm who'll be administering the questionnaire, in order for you to receive your $100 each, IF you complete by Nov. 5, 2014.

Their opening statement from website:

"Healthways offers comprehensive solutions that improve well-being, decrease healthcare costs, enhance performance and generate economic value for our customers." Do you know who the "customer" is in this arrangement?

Fine print on mailer: "If your WBA results indicate you could benefit from support or education on improving your well being, you may receive a confidential phone call from a Healthways well-being coach inviting you to participate." More coaching?

NOTE: Everyone will have to make their own choices in medical matters. Don't let me sway your decision in any way. I am not a medical or insurance expert. I may, in fact, attempt the survey, in order to see for my self what is involved as far as disclaimers, waiver of privacy rights, etc as well as exactly what information they want. What I don't want, is to be hounded by phone, anytime my doctor prescribes a treatment, in order to find a less costly alternative. They did that with my wife this past year... They didn't have her phone number, so they called me, repeatedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The above was from ConsumerMedical. They are a 3rd party contracted to help you with decisions on any medical condition, per their material. ConsumerMedical

It looks like we have another 3rd party (per mailer received today), contracted to help you. Also more sharing of your medical info. Healthways ( Healthways - About Healthways ) seems to be the firm who'll be administering the questionnaire, in order for you to receive your $100 each, IF you complete by Nov. 5, 2014.

Their opening statement from website:

"Healthways offers comprehensive solutions that improve well-being, decrease healthcare costs, enhance performance and generate economic value for our customers." Do you know who the "customer" is in this arrangement?

Fine print on mailer: "If your WBA results indicate you could benefit from support or education on improving your well being, you may receive a confidential phone call from a Healthways well-being coach inviting you to participate." More coaching?

NOTE: Everyone will have to make their own choices in medical matters. Don't let me sway your decision in any way. I am not a medical or insurance expert. I may, in fact, attempt the survey, in order to see for my self what is involved as far as disclaimers, waiver of privacy rights, etc as well as exactly what information they want. What I don't want, is to be hounded by phone, anytime my doctor prescribes a treatment, in order to find a less costly alternative. They did that with my wife this past year... They didn't have her phone number, so they called me, repeatedly.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/...nt_workers_info_from_healthways_subcontractor
Personal information on more than 60,000 government employees who participated in Tennessee’s employee health screenings may be at risk for identity theft, according to state officials.

An unknown source hacked into Onsite Health Diagnostics’ computer system earlier this year, according to spokeswoman Lisa MacKenzie. Information such as the name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and gender of roughly one in five state workers was accessible in the breach, according to Texas-based Onsite, a company hired by the state’s wellness contractor, Healthways.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were told that you didn't have to provide any info during the survey. I have not tried it yet so I will see about that this weekend.