XPO | 24 year senior driver fired.

I know, I know!!! PRESSURE !!! pressure for motor movers per hour, pressure to hook in under 20, pressure to hit cut times, pressure to get back before 14th hr . I've never worked at such a place!!

i still don't get it... safety it still tops in my books. could care less about motor moves, cube, or productivity, or hooking a set in a pre-determined amount of time. I'm going to do my job safely, period. I don't care what any FOS says.

i still don't get it... safety it still tops in my books. could care less about motor moves, cube, or productivity, or hooking a set in a pre-determined amount of time. I'm going to do my job safely, period. I don't care what any FOS says.

I agree, safety first, doing what reasonably can to make sure the customer happy second. Jumping in to help a fellow employee if can third. Let the bean counters worry about the numbers, not my problem. No one ever followed me around on my pretrip, but they can if they want. Id be more than happy to show them how a proper pretrip is done. Nobody and no company has ever forced me to cut corners on safety, I don't let it happen. Ask any driver who ever been fired for accident how easy it is to find a good job afterwards.

I keep telling these guys. I am going to make you fire me for safety. If you wanna threaten my job I am gonna make it so that being safe is the reason. Safety over everything.

That's what they want but they want lean too you can't have both no way you can pre-trip a truck in two min s but some one somewhere thinks you can !!!

I keep telling these guys. I am going to make you fire me for safety. If you wanna threaten my job I am gonna make it so that being safe is the reason. Safety over everything.

And why does your company have all this and ABF has none that I have heard of?

Because at a real company drivers are drivers unless you bid something else and real company's know drivers are the number one asset in the company not temps and lean people

Because at a real company drivers are drivers unless you bid something else and real company's know drivers are the number one asset in the company not temps and lean people

No ABF has combo guys that work the dock and drive. The answer he was trying to goad you into is that they are union and you are not.

That's what they want but they want lean too you can't have both no way you can pre-trip a truck in two min s but some one somewhere thinks you can !!!

The Tractor pre-trip SWI allows a little over 9 minutes, assuming nothing needs correction.

If you have to add oil or something, you're expected to take longer.