XPO | 24 year senior driver fired.

Sorry no one is spewing unicorns and rainbows like you beer.You might have a little strap down at LDA, and god knows what goes on there for you to be immune to the BS, but life at the bottom for a new employee stinks to hell and back, and that is just the honest truth

Okay, but this driver had 24 years ? WTF are you talking about ?

See...he wasn't fired.. besides he would've just been put out of service pending review. Only hr can fire you. All I'm staying is ..let's not glorify things..just the facts. Thanks for the info.
I wish the ex employees whom don't know the facts would just stay off here. A lot of people come here for information and facts, they make it difficult to filter through the b.s.

WOW, that is the most amazing explanation for BS I have seen in my life. When has your thinking ever been affected by facts?

See...he wasn't fired.. besides he would've just been put out of service pending review. Only hr can fire you. All I'm staying is ..let's not glorify things..just the facts. Thanks for the info.
I wish the ex employees whom don't know the facts would just stay off here. A lot of people come here for information and facts, they make it difficult to filter through the b.s.

So do you have the facts?

Haven't ya'll noticed this guy makes up a new story every couple of weeks..It's always something that is hear-say...Nothing to back up with facts..lol..ya quit falling for it..An ex-disgruntled-employee..why would he even care. he hates his life and blames Con-way..what a joke..lol

I've been here for a long time and have never seen anything like he has posted..keep up the good laughs..

Ex employee is correct and loving life. God blessed me with an open door to leave Con way and for that I give Him all the credit. As far as disgruntled I would say yes but only for the reason I have personal stock in the crap hole and would like to see some return on my money some day.

Ex employee is correct and loving life. God blessed me with an open door to leave Con way and for that I give Him all the credit. As far as disgruntled I would say yes but only for the reason I have personal stock in the crap hole and would like to see some return on my money some day.

A simple phone call and they will roll that company stock into another 401 option. If you want some return, consult a pro. You can likely do much better things with that money.

Hate to tell ya but I got my leg scraped up and foot almost run over because a dock worker wasn't paying attention and hit me with his lift. Didn't report it, I was only scraped up and I didn't want to get a letter. And yes I was being careful of where I was walking. The dock worker wasn't. This stuff does happen in the real world. Guess LDA really is a magical land.
Dallas is the land of magic , you should see them try to fly forklifts off the dock and smash trucks thru shop walls ...and on occasion the rear box of a set likes to just flip over and do tricks in the yard . magical alright ! :LMAO:

When I am on foot on the dock. I hoot and holler at everybody. Smith principles people. Make sure they see you. I sure do.
Do whatever it takes to draw attention because these fools will run you over quick, don't know if you guys ever seen someone get smashed between a dock pole and the rear of a forklift but it sure makes a mess .

Do whatever it takes to draw attention because these fools will run you over quick, don't know if you guys ever seen someone get smashed between a dock pole and the rear of a forklift but it sure makes a mess .

Happened to my buddy. We worked together before the Con-way. Few years ago on the FAC. Guy squeezed him. He got lucky. He " squirted " out, instead of splatting. Still missed six weeks work. Was in horrible pain. And has lingering damage or pain that continues. It is not cool or fun at all. Whole side of his body was black from dock pole height down.

seems like Conway's goal is to get rid of all of the top pay senior drivers and hire new lower pay ones !!!

No matter what dock I am at, I always say, 'coming up behind you' to the operator to let them know I am there. Too many close calls in the past with Richard petty's of the dock pushing motors to the limit.

Happened to my buddy. We worked together before the Con-way. Few years ago on the FAC. Guy squeezed him. He got lucky. He " squirted " out, instead of splatting. Still missed six weeks work. Was in horrible pain. And has lingering damage or pain that continues. It is not cool or fun at all. Whole side of his body was black from dock pole height down.

'' SQUIRTED" ... Omg I just got déjà vu , made me sick just reading the post . Only difference was this young guy only made it about .45 minutes

And why does your company have all this and ABF has none that I have heard of?

If you ever get a chance to witness an actual operation at Conway it will reveal the answer you seek in about the first two minutes , most of these idiots drive like maniacs and have some excessive enthusiasm for danger. Doesn't surprise me bit that people get run over at this place just like that poor lady in San Antonio that was smashed by that #1500 crate a few years back behind a newbie on a forklift that was going to fast then turned with a top heavy load.

From what ive seen by past employment, way over crowded docks, employees pushed for numbers sake, no flashing lights/ beepers in reverse, just a disaster in the making and the sad part is the driver will be sacrificed for the accident while management is not held accountable. Safety is one of the core values but only when its to the advantage of Ann Arbor.