FedEx Freight | 289's: Canadian Pups

For some reason this thread really bothers me.....

If, for some reason, I have the opportunity to send one of these pups to a gateway/Canadian center (yes that's "er" not "re") or send it west or south, I probably will send it west or south just because of this thread...

As far as getting with the SCM's about this problem, it's no good. The SCM's can't control what empties he or she gets... Most locations (not all) have equipment shortages and will use whatever equipment at their disposal to get the freight down the road. As long as it's street legal and has some sort of tag, either canadian or American, it can roll.... Central controls the equipment pool.... not a local SCM.

I can tell you that posting on a trucking forum about a problem like this is like going home and talking to your wife about work.... Yeah she'll listen, but she really doesn't care.
I'm just trying to help everyone understand the importance of cooperation on these trailers, man. I'm not sitting here saying "Canadian, eh?" So there's no need for you to act like I've somehow offended you. I just want to use the trailers at my disposal. And because of attitudes like yours, I'm being told that the 6 American trailers in my yard are all I can use. We have 5 brand new sets of 289's that nobody can use because they don't want to lose them to bad attitudes like yours. Nobody likes junk trailers. And I'd rather use our brand new trailers and leave your brand new ones for you guys. A P33xxx and a 2890170+ trailer are equal to me. Only difference is the name on the ownership. Sue me for trying to help fix the trailer shortage problem.

For some reason this thread really bothers me.....

If, for some reason, I have the opportunity to send one of these pups to a gateway/Canadian center (yes that's "er" not "re") or send it west or south, I probably will send it west or south just because of this thread...

As far as getting with the SCM's about this problem, it's no good. The SCM's can't control what empties he or she gets... Most locations (not all) have equipment shortages and will use whatever equipment at their disposal to get the freight down the road. As long as it's street legal and has some sort of tag, either canadian or American, it can roll.... Central controls the equipment pool.... not a local SCM.

I can tell you that posting on a trucking forum about a problem like this is like going home and talking to your wife about work.... Yeah she'll listen, but she really doesn't care.
I'm just trying to help everyone understand the importance of cooperation on these trailers, man. I'm not sitting here saying "Canadian, eh?" So there's no need for you to act like I've somehow offended you. I just want to use the trailers at my disposal. And because of attitudes like yours, I'm being told that the 6 American trailers in my yard are all I can use. We have 5 brand new sets of 289's that nobody can use because they don't want to lose them to bad attitudes like yours. Nobody likes junk trailers. And I'd rather use our brand new trailers and leave your brand new ones for you guys. A P33xxx and a 2890170+ trailer are equal to me. Only difference is the name on the ownership. Sue me for trying to help fix the trailer shortage problem.

Trailer says Fedex Freight on it dude. Last time I check there is only one Fedex Freight... yes I know its Fedex Freight Canada but the Fedex Corporation owns both companys.

Its the companies problem let them sort it out driver. There is probably some waiver or little rule here that allows us to pull them with no problem, sounds like Canada needs to do some changing.

When I used to spot on our outbound operation I tried to always send the Canadian trailers back to Toledo. I would put them in the doors used to load to Toledo, but the redshirts would set them up to send them where ever they felt like. It's a losing battle. Even if the drivers tried to keep the equipment separated it's up to the red shirts to load them to the proper destinations. And to be honest, I really don't see them giving a crap.

F Syria!!! Lets bomb them dang Snowbacks!!!!

TheCanadianHighFive-88409.jpg

Eh?

Trailer says Fedex Freight on it dude. Last time I check there is only one Fedex Freight... yes I know its Fedex Freight Canada but the Fedex Corporation owns both companys.

That's like saying there's only one FedEx just because we all have the same name. You gonna roll into Ground's yard and take their pups just because they belong to FedEx? We are a different registered company with a different registered DOT number. You have no more right to our trailers than you do Ground's. Don't be ignorant. We pull American pups into Canada with American freight and return them with American bound freight for a reason. They're not our trailers. Central isn't afraid to remind us of that whenever they decide they want them back, either.

When I used to spot on our outbound operation I tried to always send the Canadian trailers back to Toledo. I would put them in the doors used to load to Toledo, but the redshirts would set them up to send them where ever they felt like. It's a losing battle. Even if the drivers tried to keep the equipment separated it's up to the red shirts to load them to the proper destinations. And to be honest, I really don't see them giving a crap.

The effort is appreciated. If you ask me, the redshirts need to be made responsible for their screw ups. Ours are, and Toronto has sat on your redshirts for screwing up before. To be frank, Toronto should contact Harrison and sort this out once and for all. Its ridiculous that we're leaving brand new sets to rot over this. I couldn't personally care what trailers I use. I'd pull a 53 footer if they'd give me one. We've got a bunch of them sitting around doing nothing too.

Sir, you have absolutely no need to fear that RC will pull one of your vaunted trailers in any but a northbound direction. You can have them, along with their nose stands. You can even have those POS ex-Watkins trailers with the nose stands. I hate those Fing things. For a while in my yard we had to put down the nose stands on any trailer with a nose stand anywhere in the yard, even the empties. Luckily for us, some rocket scientist figured out that the air in the nose of an empty really isn't heavy enough to tip the trailer. Now if they could only figure out that trailers not being worked at the dock aren't likely to just get tired and fall on their face out in the yard, life would be better. Even saw the lead trailer in a set with the stand down for crying out loud.

Well that's pretty stupid. And I'd gladly take all the 289's and ex-Watkins pups. I get better fuel mileage with em with my twin screw, sliding the fifth wheel all the way up. And the old Watkins pups can take the long distance driving better than the ex-AF pups. Send em, I say! I'll pull them myself.

Bringing this one back to say that TOL seems to be collecting 289's from somewhere. The redshirts up here are starting to rebel too, because we have too many perfectly good trailers to waste. So I just wanted to vocalize my appreciation. I'd rather deal with the nose stands on these trailers than rip up my mudflaps on 250's, especially with the safety narc telling us we're not allowed to strap our mudflaps to the deck anymore.

I have. But we're being told by the safety and compliance guy that we aren't allowed to remove them anymore.

Let me get this straight it is your truck correct? They are telling you what you can do with the mudflaps? Uh huh Thats the problem with this show they thinks they are going to tell everybody what to do and how to do it,classic Fedex just like Obama I know better!!! Uh good luck to ya sir I would hang my flaps ahead of the drives proudly and head her down the highway and any safety jack wagon who come flexs his nonsense would be told you need to fix your junk so my nice truck doesnt get torn up by your garbage trls here so the flaps stay ahead of the drives dad till further notice!!!

All this "above board" bs is driving me nuts. The problem, so the letter claims, is that the DOT is pulling our trucks in for inspection when they see we're missing our mudflaps. And as a consequence, the subsequent full inspection risks revealing further problems for the DOT to find. After all, FedEx is "above board" and we can't have the DOT breaking that illusion, can we?

And of course, FXFC won't "fix" FXF trailers to work with our twin screws. Instead, we're supposed to spend our money to fix the mudflaps or, if required, our fifth wheel mounting location. How many trailers have perfectly useless landing gear supports? I've said repeatedly that they should cut them off. But nope, when we bend them, they replace them.

Im pretty sure that my centre complies about not using your equipment as much as they drool over your 53's with swing doors for city peddles. We do what we can. Since we have been so compliant can you and your comrades please not crank the landing gear all the way to the ground and actually dump your airbags when you drop. It really is a PITA when we go to hook to the trailer you all brought down and the kingpin is 6 to 8 inches above our fifth wheel:17113: Pictures are available upon request

I can't speak for others, but I don't overcrank landing gear because I hate it as much as the next guy. I leave a little room and drop the bags. Always.