ODFL | 2nd QTR....BIG numbers

Yes,very fortunate to work for great company..They are doing thing's right&it show's..My ? to YellowTo Brown...What has the Teamster's done for you????,,except take money out of your pocket to support there agenda's..Alway's seem's the un-happy alway's have to make there self present on other sight's& leave there neg.comment's..The O.T. ????is how much do you work&get overtime????If O.D. had to start paying O.T. you would never see it..They would cut our hour's back more .So they could still make money..I call that smart business..So my ? to you is what would you have..O.T. that you would never see your know that you can work up to 60 hour's a week???????I Know what my answer is.....

Yes,very fortunate to work for great company..They are doing thing's right&it show's..My ? to YellowTo Brown...What has the Teamster's done for you????,,except take money out of your pocket to support there agenda's..Alway's seem's the un-happy alway's have to make there self present on other sight's& leave there neg.comment's..The O.T. ????is how much do you work&get overtime????If O.D. had to start paying O.T. you would never see it..They would cut our hour's back more .So they could still make money..I call that smart business..So my ? to you is what would you have..O.T. that you would never see your know that you can work up to 60 hour's a week???????I Know what my answer is.....
What have the Teamsters done for me??? lets see... overtime after 8... double time on my 7th day.. Premium insurance... Industry leading Retirement .. Top of the foodchain wages... holiday pay.. job security.. Double time on working in the holidays... If a junior man works and I sit home I get paid... Safety lets not forget safety.. Now what have The Teamsters done for you... Your company Pays you good To keep you Happy and lets not forget to keep the Teamsters out... And now for the overtime issue you asked me about... Let say you make 22.00 an hour... And you do not get paid OT... how much money a year are you losing on just 10 hour a week??? Answer is 5,720 a year just on 10 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill be pushing the 6 figure mark by the years end ... And the company Im working for is putting out great numbers for only being in business for 5 years.... Ill be here 4 years in 2 month's..

Have to look in the mirror. When I was at a union shop, saw were my dues went and the scum politicos they got elected and their agenda. Just couldn't be a part of the leftist idealogy. After the way the teamsters have acted in the fiscal debate around the country, realize it was the best choice made. If my pay check is smaller, can live with that. The price of my soul is more than what they offer.

What have the Teamsters done for me??? lets see... overtime after 8... double time on my 7th day.. Premium insurance... Industry leading Retirement .. Top of the foodchain wages... holiday pay.. job security.. Double time on working in the holidays... If a junior man works and I sit home I get paid... Safety lets not forget safety.. Now what have The Teamsters done for you... Your company Pays you good To keep you Happy and lets not forget to keep the Teamsters out... And now for the overtime issue you asked me about... Let say you make 22.00 an hour... And you do not get paid OT... how much money a year are you losing on just 10 hour a week??? Answer is 5,720 a year just on 10 hours
Well,have a pinch'd a nerve....Like I said before& someone else said the same thing..O.D. is in the place it is now because of good business since..Thing's run so much better when you keep the family, friendly ,open door policy that O.D. has you don't need someone else to do your talking for you.....I much rather **** $5720 a year away not to have to put up with the crap that goes on at UPS..I'm not dumb& I talk&see UPS Freight employee's everyday&listen to the crap that goes on ..No thank you..O.D. takes very good care of there employee's&we haven't had to take any pay cut's&401k cut back's...Good luck waiting on that pension..I know our wonderful government will bail you out...lol....Like I said before you don't see O.D.employee's going on other forum sight's trying to start crap..That show's the class of employee's that work for O.D.&it is our job to work together for a better company..Boy that is a bad word at the union company's.."Not My Job & I'm not going to do that"Have A Great Day!!!!

Have to look in the mirror. When I was at a union shop, saw were my dues went and the scum politicos they got elected and their agenda. Just couldn't be a part of the leftist idealogy. After the way the teamsters have acted in the fiscal debate around the country, realize it was the best choice made. If my pay check is smaller, can live with that. The price of my soul is more than what they offer.
You took the word's right out of my mouth...Thank You!!!!!!

Everyone has a decision to be on one side or the other... Of whichever political party they want... That's the great thing about this country ... But right now I'm not so sure either one is a very good choice.. Its so far out of control its embarrassing ... I'm so proud to say I support neither of the 2...

The IBT has nothing to do with your pension UPS bought its way out of Teamster administered pensions several years ago.

Can someone say "Unions are bad for companies?" This is why.

Do you work for OD ? Nope,you don't.
Anybody wanting to discuss the pros and cons of the union take it to the Teamsters/non union forum that is what that forum is for.The OD forum is a friendly place but it is not for employees of other companys to come in here with the union argument.THIS IS A WARNING.....you start it or contribute to it you will follow the last man out the door.

Jim

It was disrespectful. You are obviously a union driver. And if you scroll around this board, you won't find any of us disrespecting the union, or other carriers. we aren't like that at OD. This is a good, solid company, who cares for their employees. I have been with them six years now, I have worked for four other LTL carriers prior. So speaking from experience, this is without a doubt the best I have worked for. So please don't just bounce on, drop bombs about the employees, then say, no disrespect meant. I hope the best for you, whatever carrier you are working for. It's tough times out there right now, and I hope things go good for you and your family.

Everyone has a decision to be on one side or the other... Of whichever political party they want... That's the great thing about this country ... But right now I'm not so sure either one is a very good choice.. Its so far out of control its embarrassing ... I'm so proud to say I support neither of the 2...

you may not support them voluntarily but you sure do with the blood money from your dues. it is not your choice where that money goes and that is one of the major problems with the union. you should have a vote for that too. it is membership money so you should have a say in how that is spent. let us parallel that with the ANY congress in the last 50 years. they are very similar , they don't listen to the people that voted them there and they spend the money they way they want to without any worry.. very similar.