TForce | 3 year progression raises???

imported_gb251

TB Lurker
Credits
Since the contract was rattified here at our terminal the employees that were under 100% are not getting their 6 month raises. Rumor has it that they have been frozen for those people. The union says "We are working on it,you guys will get payed next week". It's been 2 months now and I hear there might be announcment coming up saying it's frozen. They are only getting the teamster raises. How will these people get to full rate like the rest of us? It will take them 10+ years to get to the $26.15 that we will have in 5 years. Is this happening at other terminals or just ours?

Since the contract was rattified here at our terminal the employees that were under 100% are not getting their 6 month raises. Rumor has it that they have been frozen for those people. The union says "We are working on it,you guys will get payed next week". It's been 2 months now and I hear there might be announcment coming up saying it's frozen. They are only getting the teamster raises. How will these people get to full rate like the rest of us? It will take them 10+ years to get to the $26.15 that we will have in 5 years. Is this happening at other terminals or just ours?

No, I have gotten both of these raises. I got a progression raise in May and then my other raise in July. I expect to get my progression raise again in November. Either way I will get to full progression in November of next year.

Unfortunatly, things move slow with the new process. I have been waiting since July to get my casuals there raises. I was told they would be here this week, plus about $500 in back pay.

We are having the same problem in the north, the guy's who were in progression prior to the contract are not getting what they were hired on to get ( $.50 every 6 months up to top rate, 3 years top rate, % of yearly increases until top rate), this progression is to be continued after ratification of the contract, it has been grieved up here.

"O" used to send out progression sheets explaining progression usually with the enrollment packets for the following year, or new hires. does anyone have one for the year 2008? or 2007?

Now we are being told it's out of the union hands and when 3 years comes up they will go to full rate nothing in between except the union raises.

Now we are being told it's out of the union hands and when 3 years comes up they will go to full rate nothing in between except the union raises.

It states in the contract" those in progression prior to the sighning of this agreement will stay in thier current progression". The progression was .50 every six months for 3 years at anniversary of the 3, top rate.

It states in the contract" those in progression prior to the sighning of this agreement will stay in thier current progression". The progression was .50 every six months for 3 years at anniversary of the 3, top rate.

What are the steps a driver in progression can take, if they are being shorted?

What are the steps a driver in progression can take, if they are being shorted?

This is the problem we are running into, if you do the math within the three years, taking under consideration whomever starting pay, things do not jive, it seems as if though the company is paying them more or less per individual. Unfortunately we have not been able to get a progression sheet to seal the argument.

So all we can do at this point is to insure those who have started in a relatively close period of time ( of which we have 6 people) are all making the same monies at their anniversary.

How can it be out of the Union's hands or is this another one of those clauses that is open to interpretation?

This is the problem we are running into, if you do the math within the three years, taking under consideration whomever starting pay, things do not jive, it seems as if though the company is paying them more or less per individual. Unfortunately we have not been able to get a progression sheet to seal the argument.

So all we can do at this point is to insure those who have started in a relatively close period of time ( of which we have 6 people) are all making the same monies at their anniversary.

Gotcha!:1036316054:
I know drivers hired prior to ratification that were in progression qualify.
Drivers hired after ratification get on the 5 year 2013 contract plan.

I hired on 9-18-06 and I got nothing for my 2 year raise. I will state what my sheet says that I received for the pay increase that went into effect January 1, 2007. My pay grade is 064 with a pay step of 17. What ever that was. This was actually printed with my name and employee number. I would look in your company work file for this document.

start step 17
18.01 hourly .4597 mileage

step 16 6 month
18.52 .4729

step 15 12 month
19.04 .4860

step14 18 month
19.55 .4991

step 13 24 month
20.07 .5123

step 12 30 month
20.58 .5254

step11 Top Rate
21.50 .5438

I hired on 9-18-06 and I got nothing for my 2 year raise. I will state what my sheet says that I received for the pay increase that went into effect January 1, 2007. My pay grade is 064 with a pay step of 17. What ever that was. This was actually printed with my name and employee number. I would look in your company work file for this document.

start step 17

step 16 6 month
18.52 .4729

step 15 12 month
19.04 .4860

step14 18 month
19.55 .4991

step 13 24 month
20.07 .5123

step 12 30 month
20.58 .5254

step11 Top Rate
21.50 .5438

Hey slow, can you scan that document and send it to my email for me, apparently this sheet you speak of is ( missing) we need something tangible to create the argument, black out your name and employee # first though, and any other pertinent info. of coarse.

start step 17

step 16 6 month
18.52 .4729

step 15 12 month
19.04 .4860

step14 18 month
19.55 .4991

step 13 24 month
20.07 .5123

step 12 30 month
20.58 .5254

step11 Top Rate
21.50 .5438

Were you in the first wave of terminals that voted? The reason I ask is that I received my 18 month and want to find out if I am going to miss out on my 2yr progression raise. The section that pertains to us that are still in progression is kind of gray.

Article 26
Wages

Section 1. Full-Time Local Cartage Employees

In each of the calendar years 2009 through 2013, employees on the “Local Cartage” seniority list who have completed their progression shall receive the following increases which shall be implemented in two (2) equal installments: one-half shall be implemented in the first pay period in January and the second half will be implemented in first pay period after July 1 of each year.
2009 70¢
2010 75¢
2011 80¢
2012 85¢
2013 90¢
b. Employees on the “Local Cartage” seniority list who are still in progression on the ratification date of this Agreement shall receive the general wage increases set forth above but shall and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with their current progression. Upon completion of that progression the employee shall continue to receive the general wage increases set forth in paragraph a. above.

Were you in the first wave of terminals that voted? The reason I ask is that I received my 18 month and want to find out if I am going to miss out on my 2yr progression raise. The section that pertains to us that are still in progression is kind of gray.

I was part of the second wave and until now I have received all money earned. I'm told today they are looking into it and will report when fixed

Hope this helps a little got this from my TM would'nt let me make a copy but let me write it down. Pay scale for drivers in progression effective June 29, 2008

Start - 18.27
6 mos- 18.79
12mos- 19.31
18mos- 19.84
24mos- 20.36
30mos- 20.88
36mos- whatever top rate is when you have your 3 yrs in.

Heres where it gets a little fuzzy and were waiting for clarification. I'll use the 18 month rate as an example since we have 6 guys at our barn who hit it within the last week.

Nov 4 2008- 18 mos rate= 19.84
Jan 2009 contract raise= .35
January rate = 20.19
May 4 2009 24mos rate = 20.36
to figure out your raise subtract 20.19 (your current rate)
from what the 24 mos rate is 20.36 ( current 24mos rate)
so you only get a .17 cent raise on your 24 mos to bring you to 20.36. its confusing as hell but we believe this is how its going to work.
so now your at 20.36 and along comes the july contract raise.
Current rate 20.36
contract raise .35
july rate 20.71
30 mos rate 20.88 and so on until you hit 36 mos than you jump to whatever top rate is in the contract at that time.
hope this helps a little as soon as i get confirmation i will let everyone know. Guess the upside is 4 raises a year

Hope this helps a little got this from my TM would'nt let me make a copy but let me write it down. Pay scale for drivers in progression effective June 29, 2008

Start - 18.27
6 mos- 18.79
12mos- 19.31
18mos- 19.84
24mos- 20.36
30mos- 20.88
36mos- whatever top rate is when you have your 3 yrs in.

Heres where it gets a little fuzzy and were waiting for clarification. I'll use the 18 month rate as an example since we have 6 guys at our barn who hit it within the last week.

Nov 4 2008- 18 mos rate= 19.84
Jan 2009 contract raise= .35
January rate = 20.19
May 4 2009 24mos rate = 20.36
to figure out your raise subtract 20.19 (your current rate)
from what the 24 mos rate is 20.36 ( current 24mos rate)
so you only get a .17 cent raise on your 24 mos to bring you to 20.36. its confusing as hell but we believe this is how its going to work.
so now your at 20.36 and along comes the july contract raise.
Current rate 20.36
contract raise .35
july rate 20.71
30 mos rate 20.88 and so on until you hit 36 mos than you jump to whatever top rate is in the contract at that time.
hope this helps a little as soon as i get confirmation i will let everyone know. Guess the upside is 4 raises a year

I will let you know how close you are. I will hit 24 monthes on the 13th. So in three pay cycles I will have find out. I am at 20.20 right now, so according to this I will have a 16 cent raise at that time.

I will let you know how close you are. I will hit 24 monthes on the 13th. So in three pay cycles I will have find out. I am at 20.20 right now, so according to this I will have a 16 cent raise at that time.

I will also be 24 mos on the 11th. I'll let you know.:1036316054:

I'll tell you all what they tell me after we talk about the Grievance I filed on this issue