Yellow | 309 Will Be Losing Alot Of Job

snake eyes

TB Veteran
Credits
309 Will Be Soon Be Just A Sat. Terminal Soon. Rerouting Freight Everywhere But There Change Of Opperation Coming New Terminal Opening Outside Of The 705-710 Local Area Soon To Be Combo. What They Did In The East Coast Will Happen At 309. 313 And 321 To Get Bulk Of Freight. Change Coming In End Of Jan 2007

309 Will Be Soon Be Just A Sat. Terminal Soon. Rerouting Freight Everywhere But There Change Of Opperation Coming New Terminal Opening Outside Of The 705-710 Local Area Soon To Be Combo. What They Did In The East Coast Will Happen At 309. 313 And 321 To Get Bulk Of Freight. Change Coming In End Of Jan 2007

I would be shocked if they could pull that off. 309 is just too big, in the center of the whole system, and the rail capital of the whole country. Not sayin it can't happen but, it would be a whopper of a change.

I'm with Mr TheBig on this one. 309 is so freakin big. Their rail alone is enormous. That might be one them there rumors. Welcome to the boards Davooo.Glad you found us.

Roadway Wants To Get Rid Of Locals 705-710 They Want Cobo Workers They Say This New Terminal In Bolingbrook Il Will Open Feb 1 2007 They All Ready Started Laying Dock Men Off And Routing Frt To 313 And 321 There Sending The Canada Operation To 313

I know you guys have a bunch of locals at 309, and one of them is not a signee to the NMFA. Do you know if they have change of ops language in their contract or could the company just bail out on that local and send their work wherever they want with no right to follow the work.:hide:

yo big R when did you ret i just made my 30.2 the end of oct ret 11 1 06 from yellow road i got lucky i needed 22 mos to make my 30 when red star shut down 14yrs red star 14yrs lyons 2weeks pie 2 days new penn it all counts just waiting for the BIG DEPOSIT

yo big R when did you ret i just made my 30.2 the end of oct ret 11 1 06 from yellow road i got lucky i needed 22 mos to make my 30 when red star shut down 14yrs red star 14yrs lyons 2weeks pie 2 days new penn it all counts just waiting for the BIG DEPOSIT:smilie_132:

Roadway Wants To Get Rid Of Locals 705-710 They Want Cobo Workers They Say This New Terminal In Bolingbrook Il Will Open Feb 1 2007 They All Ready Started Laying Dock Men Off And Routing Frt To 313 And 321 There Sending The Canada Operation To 313

Not sure where our getting your info but I`m from 313 and I can tell that there hasn`t been any increase of freight up here.What freight specifically are we getting from you?

I know a big change is comming. Talked to the B.A. today he is suppose to find out tommaro or Mon. what it's all about. I will keep you posted as info comes in.

313 is a joke. when it was warm last summer nobody showed up for work and our freight was diverted to Rock Island, 309 and Indy. Word on the street in Brew city is that the Big R is not the place to be.

I will be curious to to see what the 'Change' will bring as we all will be. Running freight around 309 has been rumored for many years supposedly because of dockworkers at 309. Again that is a rumor that is very old! New (would have to be giant) yard in Bolingbrook to open soon? Where exactly? First I've heard of it and that is something that would be the talk of the breakroom I would think. Supposedly Holland built their Joliet terminal to escape 710 and 705 rules. That is close to Bolingbrook.

thats a real shame roadway opened in jamestown in 1974 opened that term new 1976 in 76 there was 14 union barns in that town rw is the last one still there and now there going to run it out of erie i think .I started in that town in 77 with LYONS.

Welcome to the boards daveooo, yea we have had 28 call list laid off . all are given the opportunity to work. talked to one of the lowest tonight seems he is set up for midnight next week... bolinbrook is a run off
if it happens seems another trucking company not owned by yrcw has place a bid on it also and at this time no one knows who has or will obtain the lease on it yet.. yes lease last year they laid off more people i wonder if 313(milwaukee wisconsin) can handle 2.5 million more pounds per week in canadian freight the actual tonnage that is pushed throught he heights is about 40 million a week about 10 to 15 percent is canadian and northwest..
what happens if the bolinbrook terminal becomes a run off for nw(northwest freight because it sits right on a rail smart move)
then that might open us 309(chicago heights) for some new business. or maybe someone else who might loose on the coo... or maybe combining a lanes with another part of yrcw.. but i do like the saying we will have to wait and see......

and i will agree it does seem like with our current kings running the place you do have to wonder if we will be around much longer... hope so anyway

I Heard From 1 Of The City Dispatchers That They Run 20-25 Pd Drivers In The Bolingbrook Area Everyday. From The Hts To Bolingbrook It Is A Good Hour Drive. So Building A Terminal There And Working The Freight There Cuts Down On Travel Time To And From Better Service. I Have Pictures Of The Terminal If Anybodys Interested.