Yellow | 309 Will Be Losing Alot Of Job

I Heard From 1 Of The City Dispatchers That They Run 20-25 Pd Drivers In The Bolingbrook Area Everyday. From The Hts To Bolingbrook It Is A Good Hour Drive. So Building A Terminal There And Working The Freight There Cuts Down On Travel Time To And From Better Service. I Have Pictures Of The Terminal If Anybodys Interested.
\Lets see the pictures

I am out of Elgin 318 transfered there in last change. We were told last week that Elgin is closing and would move to Bolingbrook Feb 2. Moving us from local 673 to local 179. The dock is there I have seen it it's brand new 90 door dock with two story office building, off of 53 on Old Chicago Rd. two block from I-55 Strange thing is we don't have paper work in place for a change although the hearing is supposed to take place Dec 11 12 0r 13th. Talk to steward at 309 he said 100-120 city dock and OTR drivers are supposed to move there in Feb. and didn't know anything about 318, also 710 tells him paper work is not ready for him to see either. Rdway closed Joliet alittle over two years ago (local 179) so what's up

In another thread, there is "talk" of 309 moving us out of the hotel on Halsted. Could the 2 be one?

all makes sense to me. this way we can start the process of closing all of the ohio and making them city only and put the freight into chicago after you move the freight out of ohio. now who wants to guess on the ohio numbers 251,242,241..... i vote we change hotels

all makes sense to me. this way we can start the process of closing all of the ohio and making them city only and put the freight into chicago after you move the freight out of ohio. now who wants to guess on the ohio numbers 251,242,241..... i vote we change hotels
Welcome to the boards lawrence75. :1036316054: DS.

Heard today that the Bolinbrook op is a go, Managers here are saying its going to be a 705 combination dock.. taking about 40 city drivers out there.. opening it up as a new terminal. with non union office workers possible big problem there, a very ugly bid coming up for shifts in january til the change of op comes, the big shots here seem to be purposely screwing this place up (309)again no organization again cold weather no warmup area silly things that lead me to beleive we have a very upset "manager" that likes to sabatoge thing so they can fix them later. they always point out errors never give solutions.

Hey Toxic, It's not that surprizing what is going on up at 309 is it? We suffered through almost 6 years of it. We went from a 2 dock powerhouse, to a 1 dock cluster. But hey, RDWY must like it that way!!! Like I told you before CR.......hang in there and try to keep everyone on the same page. This guy has only one agenda, command and control. I have heard he doesn't like it up there...........but he's yours now!!!:hide: DS.

309 soon to be just a city operationwhen this next change hits there talking about laying off 100-200 dockmen alone. they gave 309 a chance and they blew it by just moving 1-2 bills a hour. what terminal will be next.305 didn't have enough equipment for there city operation on 12-11. drivers just sitting around for hours waiting. whats next?

309 soon to be just a city operationwhen this next change hits there talking about laying off 100-200 dockmen alone. they gave 309 a chance and they blew it by just moving 1-2 bills a hour. what terminal will be next.305 didn't have enough equipment for there city operation on 12-11. drivers just sitting around for hours waiting. whats next?

1 or 2 bills an hour oh well i figure i know i do my 48 to 60 and most everyone i work with does that they even have a few that do 100 bills a day i know one guy who does 1000 a week..

No it is not DS!!! In one of the last meetings I was in with Scott S. Layoffs were brought up by a rank and file member. He was writing on the board and he said " Roadway is not in the business of hiring people" and he never turned around at all when he said it. He just kept writing numbers on his board.
Docksteward said:
Hey Toxic, It's not that surprizing what is going on up at 309 is it? We suffered through almost 6 years of it. We went from a 2 dock powerhouse, to a 1 dock cluster. But hey, RDWY must like it that way!!! Like I told you before CR.......hang in there and try to keep everyone on the same page. This guy has only one agenda, command and control. I have heard he doesn't like it up there...........but he's yours now!!!:hide: DS.

davoo I don't work for 309 but I would bet those numbers you heard came from Mngt and they can do whatever the need to get the numbers the way they want. For me I would'nt believe it for a minute. You gotta know any Rdwy guy only moving 2 bills an hour would have been fired long ago and the UNION probably would helped do it :duh: