XPO | 3rd Quarter Results

It didn't have to be this way, we didn't have to re-elect the Bamster, but we did and now we're stuck with his ideas of what is best for us. All the complaining in the world will change nothing, and to those of you who helped re-elect the SOB, well you got what you asked for, so stop biatching and suck it up. Perhaps next time you will make better choices at the ballot box.

Because there's no place else to go. Where are any of us going to go in a saturated LTL market in a slow growing economy? The reason why they would wait to cut the benefits is that they know there would be a line outside the IBT local if they did. If they wait until our backs are against the wall, then they can get away with it.

Ok let's look at this another way. When was the last time the company did the right thing for their employees compensation? In my opinion past performance shines a light on future performance.

Obamacare was designed to have every American buying insurance through the state (or federal) exchange. I don't think you will see it right away in 2014, but I'm afraid we'll all be buying our own insurance within a few years. The penalties were designed to act as an additional tax to the employers whom don't provided coverage. These are scary times we're entering. This will completely change the landscape of american jobs and benefits..and as with anything else, this company will follow the trend, if not lead the way. It will ultimately end up costing me money, but hey, maybe my bonus will be bigger,, just hope they don't give it to me in the form of Vodka.

Obamacare was designed to have every American buying insurance through the state (or federal) exchange. I don't think you will see it right away in 2014, but I'm afraid we'll all be buying our own insurance within a few years. The penalties were designed to act as an additional tax to the employers whom don't provided coverage. These are scary times we're entering. This will completely change the landscape of american jobs and benefits..and as with anything else, this company will follow the trend, if not lead the way. It will ultimately end up costing me money, but hey, maybe my bonus will be bigger,, just hope they don't give it to me in the form of Vodka.

It's not a net gain if you make $200 more in bonus but lose $5000 in benefits or wages... No matter how you slice it you just got screwed by the big blue machine yet again.

It's not a net gain if you make $200 more in bonus but lose $5000 in benefits or wages... No matter how you slice it you just got screwed by the big blue machine yet again.

I think we are getting screwed by the current administration. (gov.). It's going to be interesting to see which companies are the first to drop coverage on their employees. It's going to benefit some people. Even people currently covered by insurance. But not us. It will hurt us.

Maybe they'll save enough money, that they will bring back the pension. Speaking of that, it'll be interesting how the union companies will respond to the new laws. How are they going to compete with companies that decide to drop coverage.. They can't even compete right now.

One things for sure. The healthcare reform that was rammed down our throats is loaded with taxes. I'll probably get bashed for being paranoid or crazy but folks the US is screwed. We've been sold out by a bunch of liars who exempted themselves from this "reform" because they knew it was garbage.

We are a very divided nation and the government keeps trying to do things to make it even worse. I hope and pray I'm wrong but I'm afraid that in my lifetime we are going to see civil unrest in this country like never before because of the governments actions against its citizens. Sorry to go off topic.

One things for sure. The healthcare reform that was rammed down our throats is loaded with taxes. I'll probably get bashed for being paranoid or crazy but folks the US is screwed. We've been sold out by a bunch of liars who exempted themselves from this "reform" because they knew it was garbage.

We are a very divided nation and the government keeps trying to do things to make it even worse. I hope and pray I'm wrong but I'm afraid that in my lifetime we are going to see civil unrest in this country like never before because of the governments actions against its citizens. Sorry to go off topic.

Off topic or not, you raised an important point. I have to regretfully agree with you.

Beerfd- you had me until restore the pension...that will NEVER happen but a good try. The only thing I see possibly happening is a wage slightly higher that the the others while receiving no healthcare. New employees don't even get it now I think.

The unions will have to ride out the contacts in place until a new one. They have until 2016 or 2018 (can't be sure) until they can pay the $2000 to cut insurance.

It didn't have to be this way, we didn't have to re-elect the Bamster, but we did and now we're stuck with his ideas of what is best for us. All the complaining in the world will change nothing, and to those of you who helped re-elect the SOB, well you got what you asked for, so stop biatching and suck it up. Perhaps next time you will make better choices at the ballot box.

You're preaching to the choir. People on this board are, for the most part, working and paying their own way. Those who re-elected Barry are looking for handouts.