XPO | $40,000,000 increase in healthcare costs for the company..

NorthTXcon-way

TB Veteran
Credits
Hey, atleast they're giving us plenty of warning. Wow, that's one helluva healthcare bill that was passed. Thanks Mr. President.

The only good thing that will come out of all this....we can keep our kids covered until the age of 26. But, it's going to cost us..I'm sure of that.

This was in the notes of the meeting this morning.

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=81976.msg846409#msg846409 date=1278987735]
Hey, atleast they're giving us plenty of warning. Wow, that's one helluva healthcare bill that was passed. Thanks Mr. President.

The only good thing that will come out of all this....we can keep our kids covered until the age of 26. But, it's going to cost us..I'm sure of that.

This was in the notes of the meeting this morning.
[/quote]
BUT do they still have to be in College is what I would like to know ? It cost me around $125 a month for insurance for my daughter when she isn't taking a full load. But that is still cheaper than what our premiums is going to raise to because of this Obama ::shit:: !!!

Elections DO have consequences......let's NOT FORGET this in NOVEMBER and 2 years from now! DO NOT VOTE for ANYONE who pushed this crappy plan through! MAYBE just MAYBE we can get the right people in and this can go through congress and the senate to DUMP this STUPID Health Care Plan!!...WITH ENOUGH VOTES TO OVER RIDE ANY VETO obamahood will attempt to do!

Roadmaster - I seriously hope you are right! Still don't think obamacare is the answer to our medical care crisis. I really don't feel like nor can I afford paying anywhere from $50 - $100 more per week for my healthcare. Since it appears that we have what is called a 'cadillac health care plan', then we will get screwed.

IF I am right (I am currently an Independent) and the hard working american worker gets screwed by this and only has the choice to go with obamacare........then I will do everything in my state and encourage everyone in their respective states to do everything to help elect representatives who are truly FOR THE PEOPLE. However, if I am wrong (I REALLY hope that I AM!). Then I am venting out my frustrations and this will be GLADLY 'all in vain'. We will know in a few months and HOPE for the best for all of us!

These are my views only and not those of Con-Way Freight

It's just another way for the company to screw us.. If they really cared about us they would share the cost. It's all about the stockholders. Cadillac health care? I bought a Yugo that cost as much as a Cadillac. That's what our healthcare really is. They do not pay for S***!

We DO NOT have a Cadillac health care plan. IF the cost goes up for us, it because the company wants it to, not because it has to. After all, it's been going up every couple of years without health care reform. What makes you think it wouldn't be going up if the reform didn't pass?

And you're children do NOT have to be in school, or a dependent, to be covered.

[quote author=CCXdriver link=topic=81976.msg853431#msg853431 date=1280601320]
We DO NOT have a Cadillac health care plan. IF the cost goes up for us, it because the company wants it to, not because it has to. After all, it's been going up every couple of years without health care reform. What makes you think it wouldn't be going up if the reform didn't pass?

And you're children do NOT have to be in school, or a dependent, to be covered.
[/quote]

How do you know that? Nobody knows what's in the bill..

$8500 for an individual, 27,500 for a family, including HCSA, but not including stand alone vision and dental. Those are the thresholds for "Cadillac Plans". Look in the Employee Portal to find out what your cost last year. My costs were HUGE last year, due to a one time major surgery, but it came no where near that amount.

What's in the bill is no secret. Just look.

[quote author=jakebrake12 link=topic=81976.msg853454#msg853454 date=1280604760]
How do you know that? Nobody knows what's in the bill..
[/quote]

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg846769#msg846769 date=1279084148]
I’m sure it’s not as bad as they are making it out to be.

[/quote]

These are possibly the 4 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3, The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

:rant:

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=81976.msg853554#msg853554 date=1280624640]
These are possibly the 4 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3, The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

:rant:
[/quote]

The reality is that no matter how smart, how strong, how educated or how hard working American workers are, they just cannot compete with people who are desperate to put in long days at less than a dollar an hour on the other side of the world. What corporation in their right mind is going to pay an American worker 10 times more to do the same job? The world is fundamentally changing. Wealth and power are rapidly becoming concentrated at the top and the big global corporations are making massive amounts of money. Meanwhile, the American middle class is being systematically wiped out of existence as U.S. workers are slowly being merged into the new "global" labor pool.

What do most Americans have to offer in the marketplace other than their labor? Not much. The truth is that most Americans are absolutely dependent on someone else giving them a job. But today, U.S. workers are "less attractive" than ever. Compared to the rest of the world, American workers are extremely expensive, and the government keeps passing more rules and regulations seemingly on a monthly basis that makes it even more difficult to conduct business in the United States.

So corporations are moving operations out of the U.S. at breathtaking speed. Since the U.S. government does not penalize them for doing so, there really is no incentive for them to stay.

What has developed is a situation where the people at the top are doing quite well, while most Americans are finding it increasingly difficult to make it. There are now about six unemployed Americans for every new job opening in the United States, and the number of "chronically unemployed" is soaring. There simply are not nearly enough jobs for everyone.

Many of those who are able to get jobs are finding that they are making less money than they used to. In fact, an increasingly large percentage of Americans are working at low wage retail and service jobs. The Democrats gave us Cobra Insurance and The Family Medical Leave Act. Despite their faults I think they are our best choice. The fact that the Republicans are fighting Health Care so hard tells me it’s worth taking a chance on. Entrepreneurs who want to start small business are often unable to do so because of health care costs. The hospitals and insurance companies are bleeding us dry. If you want to continue down the same path and believe Rush L. don’t be surprised if things continue to get worse.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein ...

Read up on the bill... Kids are covered 'til the age of 26, no more cap on benefits, and not to mention that WE (the working people) have to pay for the non-workng people..... yeah, it's going to cost the company plenty and they will pass it on to us.. duh!

I'll tell everybody to just take the cheapest option and dont' use tobacco(it costs more if you do), and keep yourself as healthy as you can.

I'm glad I can keep my dependents on 'til they're 26 years old, it's still going to be a lot cheaper than if they bought individual insurance or got insurance through most other employers.

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg853590#msg853590 date=1280631934]

The reality is that no matter how smart, how strong, how educated or how hard working American workers are, they just cannot compete with people who are desperate to put in long days at less than a dollar an hour on the other side of the world. What corporation in their right mind is going to pay an American worker 10 times more to do the same job? The world is fundamentally changing. Wealth and power are rapidly becoming concentrated at the top and the big global corporations are making massive amounts of money. Meanwhile, the American middle class is being systematically wiped out of existence as U.S. workers are slowly being merged into the new "global" labor pool.

What do most Americans have to offer in the marketplace other than their labor? Not much. The truth is that most Americans are absolutely dependent on someone else giving them a job. But today, U.S. workers are "less attractive" than ever. Compared to the rest of the world, American workers are extremely expensive, and the government keeps passing more rules and regulations seemingly on a monthly basis that makes it even more difficult to conduct business in the United States.

So corporations are moving operations out of the U.S. at breathtaking speed. Since the U.S. government does not penalize them for doing so, there really is no incentive for them to stay.

What has developed is a situation where the people at the top are doing quite well, while most Americans are finding it increasingly difficult to make it. There are now about six unemployed Americans for every new job opening in the United States, and the number of "chronically unemployed" is soaring. There simply are not nearly enough jobs for everyone.

Many of those who are able to get jobs are finding that they are making less money than they used to. In fact, an increasingly large percentage of Americans are working at low wage retail and service jobs. The Democrats gave us Cobra Insurance and The Family Medical Leave Act. Despite their faults I think they are our best choice. The fact that the Republicans are fighting Health Care so hard tells me it’s worth taking a chance on. Entrepreneurs who want to start small business are often unable to do so because of health care costs. The hospitals and insurance companies are bleeding us dry. If you want to continue down the same path and believe Rush L. don’t be surprised if things continue to get worse.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein ...

[/quote]
Did you actually read those four sentences????

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=81976.msg853604#msg853604 date=1280638041]
Did you actually read those four sentences????
[/quote]

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

This has been around for years. BTW, you left out #4.

An interesting static, in 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000 the ratio is between 300 to 500 to one. The middle class is going away fast. I think most of us working types are looking for a level playing field and don't want to go back to the sweat shops of 1890.

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg853612#msg853612 date=1280642427]
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

This has been around for years. BTW, you left out #4.

An interesting static, in 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000 the ratio is between 300 to 500 to one. The middle class is going away fast. I think most of us working types are looking for a level playing field and don't want to go back to the sweat shops of 1890.

[/quote]

By the way, I posted 4 sentences and not 5. I did not leave out no. 4.

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=81976.msg853733#msg853733 date=1280680331]
By the way, I posted 4 sentences and not 5. I did not leave out no. 4.
[/quote]The original quote written many years ago included 5 thoughts. If you are going to plariarize you might as well get it right.