XPO | $40,000,000 increase in healthcare costs for the company..

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg853872#msg853872 date=1280699302]
The original quote written many years ago included 5 thoughts. If you are going to plariarize you might as well get it right.

[/quote]
I am not quoting. I am not plagiarize ( and if you are going to put it down, spell it right ). You might want to get it right. I put down 4 sentences for all to read. Not quoting, no plagiarizing. Just typed in 4 sentences. You want to criticize, go criticize your parents for what they have done. Putz.

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=81976.msg853893#msg853893 date=1280702223]
I am not quoting. I am not plagiarize ( and if you are going to put it down, spell it right ). You might want to get it right. I put down 4 sentences for all to read. Not quoting, no plagiarizing. Just typed in 4 sentences. You want to criticize, go criticize your parents for what they have done. Putz.
[/quote]Your right about one thing, I did misspell a word. Then you turned around and said ‘I am not plagiarize’

So, the bigger question remains, if you did not quote or plagiarize, then you are saying the four sentences are your original thoughts?

As for name calling, most of us grew out of that in kindergarten.

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=81976.msg853554#msg853554 date=1280624640]
These are possibly the 4 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3, The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

:rant:
[/quote]

Very true words bigfoot. However, i don't think many people understand this.

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg853986#msg853986 date=1280712994]
Your right about one thing, I did misspell a word. Then you turned around and said ‘I am not plagiarize’

So, the bigger question remains, if you did not quote or plagiarize, then you are saying the four sentences are your original thoughts?

As for name calling, most of us grew out of that in kindergarten.
[/quote]
relax roadmaster, bigfoot was simply trying to make a point. Regardless of mispelling or grammar errors made, his point is still very valid:
"your a fool if you think anything is free"

The first sign of a Liberal is they change the subject or get angry instead of using facts to debate an issue. They live in the world of fantasy and are driven by their emotions when trying to solve problems. They think they can regulate behavior. For some reason they like to divide people into groups(ie: hispanics, black, white, rich and poor). You can't lump people into groups and pass laws specific to these groups and still maintain individual freedom. Conservatives approach issues in reality and believe in personal responsibility and Individual freedom. I have never got a job from a poor person. We need the so called rich like small business owners to provide jobs and be successful and want to hire. People complain about the wars we fight with other countries but forget about the wars we have been fighting here for decades without any significant progress, the war on poverty, the war on drugs. How's that going. Now the government wants to start another war, the war on obesity. The government tends to compound the problem more then they help. All the programs that have been implemented over the decades all sounded and looked good on paper but once the reality of the software called fix was realized it is usually to late to change the harm that is done. The health care program is just example. There is a difference between having health care and having access to health care. What good is coverage if you can't get the care. Instead of the majority of people having good health care they will have to give that up for the minority of people who don't have health care. That way we can all be equal. Equally miserable that is.

Sent from my Interceptor using Tapatalk

[quote author=bigmantuck link=topic=81976.msg854045#msg854045 date=1280733336]
The first sign of a Liberal is they change the subject or get angry instead of using facts to debate an issue. They live in the world of fantasy and are driven by their emotions when trying to solve problems. They think they can regulate behavior. For some reason they like to divide people into groups(ie: hispanics, black, white, rich and poor). You can't lump people into groups and pass laws specific to these groups and still maintain individual freedom. Conservatives approach issues in reality and believe in personal responsibility and Individual freedom. I have never got a job from a poor person. We need the so called rich like small business owners to provide jobs and be successful and want to hire. People complain about the wars we fight with other countries but forget about the wars we have been fighting here for decades without any significant progress, the war on poverty, the war on drugs. How's that going. Now the government wants to start another war, the war on obesity. The government tends to compound the problem more then they help. All the programs that have been implemented over the decades all sounded and looked good on paper but once the reality of the software called fix was realized it is usually to late to change the harm that is done. The health care program is just example. There is a difference between having health care and having access to health care. What good is coverage if you can't get the care. Instead of the majority of people having good health care they will have to give that up for the minority of people who don't have health care. That way we can all be equal. Equally miserable that is.

[/quote]Looks to me like you lump anyone who disagrees with you into a group. You are even lumping conservatives together when there are major differences between Palo-Conservative and Neo-Conservatives.

Some of your above statements I do agree with to some extent. The war on drugs isn’t one of them. The GOP is in favor of continuing this as much or more as anyone else. As far as healthcare is concerned the rest of the industrialized countries have it and most who have it like it. The American insurance lobby will have you believe otherwise.

The way it now stands a person with no insurance can go into the emergency room and get treated. Chances are they cannot or won’t pay their bill and the cost is passed onto those of us who have coverage. I see National Health Care as a way to break the monopoly the hospitals and doctors now have. As an example I found a woman who was born in 1950 and she still has the receipt for $86.33. In today’s dollars this would be $755. Currently the cost for a birth with no complications is $9,000 to $17000 with an additional $1500 to $4000 charge for care to the infant. Health care costs are out of control and have been rising 10% or more for the last several years. It is causing business cost to rise and inhibits new companies from staring because it’s very difficult to quit a job with health care to start a company if you have a family or have pre existing conditions.

Looks to me like you lump anyone who disagrees with you into a group. You are even lumping conservatives together when there are major differences between Palo-Conservative and Neo-Conservatives.

Some of your above statements I do agree with to some extent. The war on drugs isn�t one of them. The GOP is in favor of continuing this as much or more as anyone else. As far as healthcare is concerned the rest of the industrialized countries have it and most who have it like it.� The American insurance lobby will have you believe otherwise.

The way it now stands a person with no insurance can go into the emergency room and get treated. Chances are they cannot or won�t pay their bill and the cost is passed onto those of us who have coverage. I see National Health Care� as a way to break the monopoly the hospitals and doctors now have.� �As an example I found a woman who was born in 1950 and she still has the receipt for $86.33. In today�s dollars this would be $755. Currently the cost for a birth with no complications is $9,000 to $17000 with an additional $1500 to $4000 charge for care to the infant.� Health care costs are out of control and have been rising 10% or more for the last several years.� It is causing business cost to rise and inhibits new companies from staring because it�s very difficult to quit a job with health care to start a company if you have a family or have pre existing conditions.

First off I am not lumping anyone into groups. I said that liberals an victocrats(democrates) lump people into groups. Second, I am a independent with conservative leaning views. I do believe that the health care system does need fixed but not a complete overhaul. You can not have universal coverage for everyone and only expect a few to pay for it. The system WILL go broke, just like all other gov. programs, which will lead to worse care and selective treatment(rationing). This is happening all over the world where universal care is adopted. Like Canada, Europe and others. Long lines, less procedures allowed, etc. You have your views and I have mine. I can't change what you believe so no need in trying. Remember, a government that can give you everything can also take it away. I am sorry if I don't put as much trust in the government and politicians as you do when it comes to making decisions for me or my family. I am for American sovereignty and individual freedom. Not this workers of the world bs. I do not think there is anything wrong with winners and losers or with failure sometimes. I think it makes us stronger. It sounds good for all to have health care but in reality you can not believe that everyone can have it for free and expect it to be great. Here is my vision of government health care. Person needs a prosthetic leg. Some government official behind a desk on some board decides the prosthetic is too expensive so they approve a set of crutches instead. Just my opinion on what we will see when the government is making your health care decisions for you. And don't give me this "If you have health care and you like it you can keep it" bullsh**t. Companies will start dropping coverage because the fine is lower than cost to provide coverage for their employees. Then you will be forced on government health care. That's the plan. That's why the fine for employers is so low. It's a back door way to universal coverage and a way to blame the employers for not covering their employees. They will say, see the greedy employers don't want to cover their employees so the nice, honest, caring government has to step in and help all the helpless employees. Just my thoughts. Thanks and have a good night.

One of the customers on my P&D route also had a memo posted about the potential impact of the health care bill on their employees. The first words in the memo? "Good News, your children will now be eligible for coverage up to age 26". It went on about other potential changes, all of which were seen as good things. No mention of "$50 million dollar impact" to their company, etc., etc. Maybe this company is a lot smaller than Con-Way, maybe the management are Democrats, I don't know. It makes me wonder how can the health care bill be so wonderful for them and so terrible for Con-Way? Do you think that maybe, just maybe the management at Con-Way might possibly be blowing this up out of all proportion to reality just as an excuse to cut our benefits, increase our out of pocket, and not give us back the 401k and remainder of our raise? not to mention any possibility of a COLA increase?

I’m sure you have heard of multibillionaire Warren B., a fellow who knows something about running a business, while not giving the present healthcare bill a ringing endorsement he thinks it’s better than what we how have. If it was going to impact the bottom line to the extent Con-way says do you think he would be in favor of it given the fact that he owns so many companies?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/01/warren-buffett-on-cnbc-he_n_480399.html

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=81976.msg854375#msg854375 date=1280841301]
I’m sure you have heard of multibillionaire Warren B., a fellow who knows something about running a business, while not giving the present healthcare bill a ringing endorsement he thinks it’s better than what we how have. If it was going to impact the bottom line to the extent Con-way says do you think he would be in favor of it given the fact that he owns so many companies?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/01/warren-buffett-on-cnbc-he_n_480399.html
[/quote]

Why wouldn't Buffet be in favor of it....

Just dump your responsibilities on the government and all is good.

When it comes to the working man...Buffett has never been a player or contributor...just a user.

Another Ross Perot.

Rat

Hmmmmmm, could be,

[quote author=packrraat link=topic=81976.msg854360#msg854360 date=1280839239]
Do you think that maybe, just maybe the management at Con-Way might possibly be blowing this up out of all proportion to reality just as an excuse to cut our benefits, increase our out of pocket, and not give us back the 401k and remainder of our raise? not to mention any possibility of a COLA increase?
[/quote]

Is any parent actually going to say that being able to keep their own children on their insurance until age 26 is bad? The 26 years old thing gives a kid the time to go to college and graduate school while being insured; colleges don't have the best health care plans and single person insurance is ridiculous. Or if the kid is looking for a job, which was increasingly hard to find for young people the past few years due to the bad economy and older people not retiring, they can still be insured while searching. You work and pay your premiums for your family why shouldn't you be able to protect your children a little longer, what type of parent argues against that? And, you’re paying the premiums for it, it’s not free.

As far as the Excise tax that goes into effect in 2018 (yeah, eight years from now) There is no way Con-way is providing a Cadillac plan, $10,200, wtf!!, are you guys drinking the kool-aid. I see many of you on here complaining and calling management liars. Yet you believe internet posts that your Con-Way insurance plan for a single person is more than $10,200. Do you know how ridiculously expensive that is. If they really cost that much (now they will be required to disclose the value of benefits in 2011) I suggest all of you think about getting a refund and obtain your own medical insurance and pocket several g's.

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=81976.msg853591#msg853591 date=1280632284]Read up on the bill... Kids are covered 'til the age of 26, no more cap on benefits, and not to mention that WE (the working people) have to pay for the non-workng people..... yeah, it's going to cost the company plenty and they will pass it on to us.. duh[/quote]

I don't know about your FAC so I can only comment on mine. We don't have temp employees and the majority of the part-timers work the hardest. You see a few drivers flying up and down the dock really slamming trailers but for the most part the drivers are moving at a very good pace or a somewhat slower pace but pretty much all the part-timers are moving fast. I'm in the north east and over here if a part-timer goes over hours they get written up. It happened to a part-timer/trainer a few weeks back. Went 2 minutes over his time and got written up, meaning yes he could have gotten fired for working. You get 5 hours a night and you have to do a set amount of work or the FOSs are up your arse. There's no milking the clock…the point of this is that they have to work hard.

They get no insurance.

You have guys on Con-way docks working their arse off with no insurance. Does that mean that we (the working people) are paying for working people?

Simple math.
40,000,000 (beerfd's cost increase number) / 35,000 (approximate Con-way employees) = $1143 annually or $95 a month per employee. Over the past 5 years, what was the average yearly insurance increase?

Now, here is where Con-way is going to lose money with that 40 mil figure (if its accurate) and why I was talking about the part-timers. The employee mandate part of the health care bill which will take place in 2014 (yep, 4 years away) will impose a $2000-3000 employee tax penalty for every full-time worker who is not offered insurance. But the government worded it in a way that makes two part-time workers count as one full-time worker. These freight companies (like other companies) ran the numbers and figured they could have part-timers work 5 hours a night, work em hard, fire them if they go over 5 a night and don't have the expense of benefits. Now because of the health care bill, in 2014 they either offer these working people insurance or pay a penalty. They'll probably run the numbers again and decide not to offer insurance because the penalty max per part-timer is only $1500. Which means you full-time employees will actually be paying Con-way to not insure your fellow workers.

You guys should think before you swallow the kool-aid

Disclaimer...The views expressed here are only my opinion and not affiliated with Con-way in any way...Disclaimer

[quote author=Rat link=topic=81976.msg854399#msg854399 date=1280846607]

When it comes to the working man...Buffett has never been a player or contributor...just a user.

Another Ross Perot.

Rat
[/quote]Hey, Ross Perot is from TX and I voted for him... :biglaugh:

[quote author=kimoyo link=topic=81976.msg854448#msg854448 date=1280857339]

Simple math.
40,000,000 (beerfd's cost increase number)
[/quote]That's not MY number, it was in a video message from the President of the company..

Send the jobs overseas. Pretty soon there won't be anyone here that can AFFORD to buy anything due to NO JOBS. So the profit the big wigs are making better last because when all companies go downhill due to no one buying they will need something to live on. Or else give us all jobs cleaning, cooking and doing their yard work.

Before 1930's stock market crash the business world had the plan: build it and they will buy it. Then came satuation. The ones that could afford had enough, the ones that couldn't didn't. So down came the market. We changed to build just enough to keep people interested, then change it up some (ever notice you can't hardly buy interchangable parts on anything now?) Then it started back to build it and they will come. All the fancy stuff everyone has to have to stay ahead of the Jones. We don't really manufacture here in the USA any more. Just very few things. And most of what has been put out there is the fancy stuff, sales people, people to move/deliver and put together along with some people that fix problems. Along with the medical field and electronic field to name a few, very few that are available here.

I know I over simplified to a certain extent but it is pretty much the basic of what has happened in the USA.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=81976.msg854399#msg854399 date=1280846607]

Another Ross Perot.

Rat
[/quote]The reason I mentioned Warren B. is to show it’s possible to support the health care bill and not be a communist, socialist, the Anti-Christ, ಠ▄ಠ, emotional or live in a fantasy world and think things are free.

I'm curious Rat, is there anyone you do like?

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81976.msg854953#msg854953 date=1280975642]
Send the jobs overseas. Pretty soon there won't be anyone here that can AFFORD to buy anything due to NO JOBS. So the profit the big wigs are making better last because when all companies go downhill due to no one buying they will need something to live on. Or else give us all jobs cleaning, cooking and doing their yard work.

Before 1930's stock market crash the business world had the plan: build it and they will buy it. Then came satuation. The ones that could afford had enough, the ones that couldn't didn't. So down came the market. We changed to build just enough to keep people interested, then change it up some (ever notice you can't hardly buy interchangable parts on anything now?) Then it started back to build it and they will come. All the fancy stuff everyone has to have to stay ahead of the Jones. We don't really manufacture here in the USA any more. Just very few things. And most of what has been put out there is the fancy stuff, sales people, people to move/deliver and put together along with some people that fix problems. Along with the medical field and electronic field to name a few, very few that are available here.

I know I over simplified to a certain extent but it is pretty much the basic of what has happened in the USA.

[/quote] Ross P. would agree as would I.