Yellow | 45 Days Later... and We're Still LOST...

imported_bmcotter

TB Lurker
Credits
Right now, This company reminds me of the TV show "LOST." If you watch the show, you know that every week you watch hoping to find out something else that happened with the Oceanic 6. So you end up forming an idea of what's going on with the survivors but in the end, the Producers throw you another curveball and you are once again LOST. YRC is similar. We aren't doing anything but wondering if we shouldn't have left the Island if going back is really the right thing to do. I just think we are second guessing the second guessers but I have a real question and here it is...

My Question is this; Why, if we are "merged" together as one giant world class transportation company, are we not all using the New Pro Labels yet? None of YRC's shippers should be using an old Yellow pro or an old Roadway pro label. Our Drivers are the first in the line to see the freight picked up so they should be giving out books of pros to all of our shippers and telling them that this is the new label they need to use. Our sales people should also be on top of this problem too. IMHO I believe they have done a poor job of selling the Merger to our customers. If YRC were smart, they'd be hiring Sales Professionals instead of laying people off. When I would Peddle before the big merger/layoff, I'd grab books of Pro's before I even left the dispatch office. When I went to my pick up stops, I talked to the shippers and asked them if they had everything they needed to ship with us like BOL's, Pro Labels and most important, the phone numbers to call to schedule pick ups or if they had a problem. If they had an issue, I thought I could take care of, I'd help in any way I could. WE HAVE TO SELL OUR PRODUCT. All the P+D Drivers and Line Haul Drivers are the Flagships of the company and we have to prove it to our customers that we still know how to get the job done. I know that this is just one small thing but if we didn't take care of all the small things eventually all the big things will go away too.

my $0.02

You mentioned the sales team. Has anyone heard of any cuts in our salesforce??
The number of Sheisters, er, salesmen doubled with the merge yet the coverage area has remained the same.

The number of Sheisters, er, salesmen doubled with the merge yet the coverage area has remained the same.

Yea, let's get rid of all managers, supervisors, salespeople, and all those other non-productive non-union dead weight! Everyone knows that drivers and dock people are perfectly capable of running this corporation properly - after all can't you see the quality of all the underutilized talent just by reading all their posts on these boards! Geez!! :hysterical:

Freight level are down 29% from last year and you think it would be a good idea to cut sales jobs? There is a reason the general public stereotypes truck drivers as being stupid.

You guys sure do make posters feel welcome here.

I was just inquiring if there was any culling of the sales force and then I'm called stupid??

I was just inquiring if there was any culling of the sales force and then I'm called stupid??

I don't come here to hold you hand and make sure people feel welcome. You were called that for a reason because you obviously have no clue. NO, they are not cutting sales jobs right now because our freight levels are down 29%. Why on earth would you go cut the jobs of those people who are responsible for getting us freight. I have no patience for the ignorant.

i kinda like this thread :popcorn: i feel like i'm in the movie office space and i'm milton and the dirtbags in charge of these coos are lumbergs, if you watched that movie before we're up to the part where milton is in the boiler room :biglaugh: sucks how miltons cubicle keeps getting TRANSFERRED into a dump that's worse than the dump before ::shit::

alotta hostility here, everyone, inhale through nose, deeply. exhale through mouth. there now, is'nt that better?:boat::boat:

I don't come here to hold you hand and make sure people feel welcome. You were called that for a reason because you obviously have no clue. NO, they are not cutting sales jobs right now because our freight levels are down 29%. Why on earth would you go cut the jobs of those people who are responsible for getting us freight. I have no patience for the ignorant.
Looks like sumo hit a nerve, you wouldn't be in sales would you? Can't believe anyone would want to defend those slimy basturds!

Sumo, no one called you stupid. Also, you you didn't just make a straight forward inquiry, you added a bit of "wise a**" comment too. Re-read your posts:

What are they selling, our claim-free and on -time service??

If you want to use a bit of sarcasm or "attitude", be prepared to get some in return. No hard feelings.

I think he hit the nail on the head, so what if he used sarcasm to make his point.

No problem at all using sarcasm - just don't complain when you get some back that's all!!

What's the old saying - "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"

I have an Italian Motorcycle :whistling:
You get a pass if its a Ducati or Guzzi:Off-Topic:

And your American options are somewhat limited. Unless you like Harley, Indian , or Buell. (Who'd I miss?)

And contributing to the hypothetical collapse of the American Motorcycle Industry would not be comparable when looking at the total # of jobs at stake v. the Big 3

And your American options are somewhat limited. Unless you like Harley, Indian , or Buell. (Who'd I miss?)

And contributing to the hypothetical collapse of the American Motorcycle Industry would not be comparable when looking at the total # of jobs at stake v. the Big 3

Victory motorcycles

Actually it's an Aprilia and yes we are off topic :Rulz:, the mods should :sign0024: us for are insolence.