Yellow | 5% Wage give back for Pension extension Rumor !!

I don't where your located but here in the northeast a lot locals are running on fumes as it is. I just can believe that the union would allow a pension extension!
As for Rumors there running rampant, the latest is the company wants to be able to change the work rules as it sees fit.

I like many of my fellow co-workers have had enough of this B...S... it's time to either sh.. or get off the potty. If you are going to close the doors well then damn it do . Don't wait until you have every ounce of dignity taken away from us. What are you going to do wait until you take everything that we worked so hard for and then tell all your boys at the country club how you dismantled one of the biggest union in the USA. While you sit there with Mike Wickham and those other Roadway pieces of Sh../ Well that should make you real proud.

I like many of my fellow co-workers have had enough of this B...S... it's time to either sh.. or get off the potty. If you are going to close the doors well then damn it do . Don't wait until you have every ounce of dignity taken away from us. What are you going to do wait until you take everything that we worked so hard for and then tell all your boys at the country club how you dismantled one of the biggest union in the USA. While you sit there with Mike Wickham and those other Roadway pieces of Sh../ Well that should make you real proud.

Maybe just maybe you should get up to speed before you post . "
Michael W. Wickham
Director
CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
Eden Prairie , MN
Sector: SERVICES / Air Delivery & Freight Services

Director , Douglas Dynamics Inc
Milwaukee , WI
Sector: CONSUMER GOODS / Auto Parts

Director , Republic Services, Inc.
Phoenix , AZ
Sector: INDUSTRIAL GOODS / Waste Management Michael W. Wickham, 63 years old, has been a director of the company since 2004. He retired as chairman of the Board of Roadway Corporation in December, 2003
" . So you can still live in the past or jump into the present . Also there is no Roadway only YRC !

Michael W. Wickham Profile - Forbes.com

Last edited:
a $350M concession is thee price for the return of the pension
$3-$4 dollars an hour cut + 1 week vacation
would total $350M
a guess--only a guess!!
28.gif

Kansas-based YRC Worldwide Inc., a struggling trucking conglomerate with midstate connections, plans to ask Teamsters to subsidize pension contributions by taking a $350 million wage and benefit reduction, a union group said.

the TDU article​

Mike Wickham was a very good CEO. He knew the freight business. You owe him an apology. In fact if he were CEO of YRC the company might even have a chance.

My info comes from people who attended the meetings. Don't ask for names because I have to protect my sources. Just know that they intend to change master freight to what they need, not we have been accustomed to.

Your inside info about shutting down npme last year was real accurate-im gonna pass on anything you claim to know.

Mike Wickham was a very good CEO. He knew the freight business. You owe him an apology. In fact if he were CEO of YRC the company might even have a chance.

Mike Wickham was a good CEO..after the strike in 1994 Roadway lost a lot of freight permanently. He went to the union for help but didn't ask for concessions. That strike started the downhill free-fall for Roadway and I guess Yellow too. They started closing terminals..had no money for new equipment. That led to where things are today
spiral.gif

It takes two for a strike, I blame the company, who you blaming Joe?

the use of 4hr part time dock should have been allowed wolf. This was probably one of the biggest mistakes the union ever made. The fact that they are allowed now proves my point. Too little too late. Oh well what the hell. Being a great union in a bad industry isn't always a good idea. Ask Jimmy Hoffa
HM.gif

the use of 4hr part time dock should have been allowed wolf. This was probably one of the biggest mistakes the union ever made. The fact that they are allowed now proves my point. Too little too late. Oh well what the hell. Being a great union in a bad industry isn't always a good idea. Ask Jimmy Hoffa
HM.gif
I don't agree it was a good idea then, and the reason we have them now is there are enough Measters to sell others down the road if they can keep theirs. Pretty sure we won't ever see eye to eye on this one.

I don't agree it was a good idea then, and the reason we have them now is there are enough Measters to sell others down the road if they can keep theirs. Pretty sure we won't ever see eye to eye on this one.

ya right, we had a destructive strike in the name of job protection.
I guess they had the last laugh on that one.
facepalm.png

they're getting a fleet of bulldozers ready to push us over the cliff..
they never forget​

HM.gif

Easy for you to say that now ,but go back a few years when you were still active ,would you have thought the same way???

Easy for you to say that now ,but go back a few years when you were still active ,would you have thought the same way???

I always viewed it as a business.

UPS had part time loaders and drivers at the time and still do.

Con-Way and FedEx has part time dock-not just 4hr

FedEx and Con-Way's dock costs are a fraction of what YRC's is and they still lost money
dock and road is a way of life at Con-Way

back then they asked for a bone (4hr part time dock)

we gave them scrap

we were the elite and chose to self-destruct

I always viewed it as a business.

UPS had part time loaders and drivers at the time and still do.

Con-Way and FedEx has part time dock-not just 4hr

FedEx and Con-Way's dock costs are a fraction of what YRC's is and they still lost money
dock and road is a way of life at Con-Way

back then they asked for a bone (4hr part time dock)

we gave them scrap

we were the elite and chose to self-destruct

So what your saying is that the IBT shouldn't protect the full timers and just allow the companies to use as many part-timers as they see fit.. The term I work at,the outbound sup has said that is all he would use if he was allowed to..many different ways to look at it... I myself would rather protect full time jobs..

So what your saying is that the IBT shouldn't protect the full timers and just allow the companies to use as many part-timers as they see fit.. The term I work at,the outbound sup has said that is all he would use if he was allowed to..many different ways to look at it... I myself would rather protect full time jobs..

negative--the list works first. But the layoffs are permanent so it ain't an issue any more.

if the road to recovery ever happens you can bet they'll be back

YRC
New-website-launched-for-SaveABuck-com-au-5117_thumb.jpg
YRC