Estes | 62?

I was telling a fellow driver about those old 62 days just tonight. It is dangerous...(JB HUNT) They were cutting the idle time down to five minutes during the last fuel crisis, but got lost and forgotten. I have not heard anything in the northeast.
What they need to watch is dispatchers who think fuel is free. Start running "willy nilly", (if I may use the term, willy nilly), in a five truck small, local company, you are gonna sit down with one pissed off owner, and have to explain yourself, why you ran a dumb, wasteful,:nutkick: route.

i would like to find this "driver" [in the memo] that came up with this b.s. idea and presented it to richmond and puch that fella right in the mouth

well..i guess i won't run into NervousWreck on our way to Greenville anymore. he usually passes me in the spot. are any of you guys' tractors turned down already? i ask b/c last night i got in the middle of 3 big e trucks running together and i could not pass the lead truck, nor did the others try to pass me.

i sa a memo about it at 164. said most but not all. i just would like to talk to the idiot that said he got over 7 mph just by driving 64. cant get that pulling doubles. maybe that story began with" you aint gona believe this" or its made up to make you feel good for them turning them back

the idiot that said he got over 7 mph just by driving 64. cant get that pulling doubles. maybe that story began with" you aint gona believe this" or its made up to make you feel like an :butt kiss: for them turning them back

That's exactly it - 'getting'/'acheiving' that kind of mileage in one of the 8600's with the current fuel blend is nigh-impossible. Before the ultra-low fuel came in, I could get 6.5 on a good day - since the advent of the ultra-low, 5.4 is more the case

Has anyone noticed that we seem to be running faster than alot of other carriers . I caught up with an R&L today they are usually flying. With fuel being so high I am suprized they didnt go to 62 like conway ,but then some routes could not be run legally. I say in three weeks we see 5 dollar fuel. This crap is unbelievable.

What i cant understand is you would think the owners of these trucking companies and the big car manufactures would be in Washington every day trying to do something.I guess these oil companies just have to much power.

Yes it really is hard to believe we are looking at $5.00.

Not really, look at what the dollar is doing. It's tanking, and countries are looking to get off the dollar.

Prices are going up on gas for alot of reasons. But mainly because underdeveloped nations are becoming developed, and because our dollar is being devalued.

Every time the fed fires up the printing press and gives thier friends money its takes away the value of our money. Then comes inflation and the price of everything rises. Things that are closely related to government rise first.

We should not be blaming OPEC, we should be blaming the federal reserve.

people, safety is out the window the company gets a kickback from the government for lowering the speed, it is the new carbon footprint bullshit. they are just foloowing suit from the bigger companies. the fuel does not cost the comapnies anything. not with fuel surcharges raising past 30%