Yellow | 671 Welcoming a new neighbor

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
According to the "powers that be" and after a 3 year delay..........Yellow Freight Systems is moving into the old 671 IB dock on or before 7-1-06. Contractors are spiffing up the place and maintence is knocking the rust off the dockplates. The interesting thing will be yard control and if G99 will be doing any work on Yellow equipment. I'm sure that fuel will be a sore subject also :chairshot: I'll see if I can take some photos when things start comming together. DS.:cool:

Same thing will probably happen @ 120, Now that the inbound is shut down. Its about 110 doors including the patios. Unless UPS takes it, Since its already painted in their colors...:duh:

211 mutt said:
Same thing will probably happen @ 120, Now that the inbound is shut down. Its about 110 doors including the patios. Unless UPS takes it, Since its already painted in their colors...:duh:
What? Sh&t brown?

serta said:
What? Sh&t brown?
Nah.........120 sent 671 a "rumor starter" on the change. He has a thousand of them:biglaugh: That was one of them....."UPS moving to 120 IB dock, already has painted the dock buster brown. Then UPS changed their minds and RDWY had to repaint the dock"?!? See what I have to deal with?:bgroovy: DS.

Jughead said:
I wonder about the end of our dock at 682,a little over 100 doors empty?
Hey Jughead........where and how big is the Yellow terminal in Greenville? At 671, Yellow is in Greensboro, 15 minutes away, and our old IB is plenty big enough for them. The main problem is going to be yard control. DS.

Docksteward said:
Nah.........120 sent 671 a "rumor starter" on the change. He has a thousand of them:biglaugh: That was one of them....."UPS moving to 120 IB dock, already has painted the dock buster brown. Then UPS changed their minds and RDWY had to repaint the dock"?!? See what I have to deal with?:bgroovy: DS.

lol,We had to deal with it longer then you:duh: so suck it up

Yellows 23 miles north on 85.They built a 79 door term 4 years ago.Holland is a mile past that and they need room bad.we use about 100 doors that leaves around 121 open.Yard space would be a problem also.I cant see them leaving that end empty

Jughead said:
Yellows 23 miles north on 85.They built a 79 door term 4 years ago.Holland is a mile past that and they need room bad.we use about 100 doors that leaves around 121 open.Yard space would be a problem also.I cant see them leaving that end empty
Hey Jughead........I don't see them leaving it empty either. I guess it depends on how long Holland has left on their lease. I was told that Yellow was paying a pretty price per month for our old IB dock. Yard space could really be a problem with Holland...all those BLT's :cool: !! Big Long Trailers DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey Jughead........I don't see them leaving it empty either. I guess it depends on how long Holland has left on their lease. I was told that Yellow was paying a pretty price per month for our old IB dock. Yard space could really be a problem with Holland...all those BLT's :cool: !! Big Long Trailers DS.
Get used to those BLT's. Heard they are buying more and using the pups less. All of our freight going and coming from New England rides on 53's. Once in a blue moon a set of pups, usually a relay. Forgive the use of the word "OUR", I still consider myself one of the boys..........:rofl2:

TheBigR said:
Get used to those BLT's. Heard they are buying more and using the pups less. All of our freight going and coming from New England rides on 53's. Once in a blue moon a set of pups, usually a relay. Forgive the use of the word "OUR", I still consider myself one of the boys..........:rofl2:
You are right, TBR. Funny to think we have come full circle. Back in the day, you know what I'm talking about, all we pulled was vans. Mind you they were the 45 footers and not the 53's. But the freight and service they are going after now, requires vans. Just about everything running North, South in the "Hub" lanes are vans. There are signs posted at the loading doors, what type of equipment to use and cut times per day. Hard to screw that up!!:warped: You still are "one of the boys".......I think a more dignified title would be more appropriate, how about "Elder Statesman"?:bitelip: DS.

Moving in party June 25-26

I saw the first Yellow trailer up to the old IB dock today. I think they are moving office supplys etc. Just seems kind of funny to look over and not reconize the men working on that dock. DS.

asked questions this past week managment all hushed up. was going to have a change with memphis all hushed up.this last change is one massive mess{screw up}they have to re think things. Drivers are quitting all over.

yup, many quit here too.(120). We run everyone elses district but our own. You think they offer transfers to these districts if there needed so badly.

The more that quit, the more the company loves it. Get's a 75%er, no vacation, they save a ton. Don't let them fool ya into thinking they don't have a stack of applicants waiting for a phone call from them.

TheBigR said:
The more that quit, the more the company loves it. Get's a 75%er, no vacation, they save a ton. Don't let them fool ya into thinking they don't have a stack of applicants waiting for a phone call from them.
Think they would perfer if it was the 30+ yr guys who left. 6 weeks vaca and the such. But atlast, they will go, thats why they all transfered to places they wanted to retire to.:nutkick: