7 dead as tractor-trailer rams minivan in Ind

The news reported that the minivan occupants were immigrants from Equador. It is believed that the minivan hit a deer and stopped in the road. I travel this road several times a week, in fact I was eastbound earlier that day. This stretch of highway is notorious for tragic, multi-death accidents. Within about a 15 mile stretch of this road I know of 4 other accidents over the last 5 years where there were many deaths. I don't know what it is that makes this section so dangerous, it is no different than anywhere else along the tollroad. All the wrecks involved tractor-trailers slamming into vehicles full of people. I noticed the company involved in this wreck is Roehl. They have a good safety record and their trucks barely travel over 60 mph. I pray for all involved.

This is a real tragedy to see so many killed in one crash,however my heart also goes out to the trucker.
He has got to feel really bad about the crash,even though it doesn't look like a chargeable.
From the accounts of the witnesses,least I hope for his sake he is not going to be held at fault.

This is a tragedy for sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victims, the truck driver and also to the first responders. The young driver will have this haunt him for the rest of his life, even considering there was probably nothing he could have done. My prayers to the firefighters, EMS workers and Troopers. Although people may say they are doing their jobs, responding to an incident such as this with so many children involved is heart wrenching for even the toughest of them. I know, I saw too many of these types of incidents in my career.
May God comfort them all at this time.

Seven people in a minivan? I don't feel safe with a family of four in one. So much for saving fuel. It's only going to get worse. Was he tailgaiting? You see alot of that these days too. Everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere. Ever see a "Smart Car"? You'd be stupid to drive one on a highway. If you can afford a family of seven, you should have the common sense to protect them, with a safer vehicle. The cost of fuel is no excuse. If you don't keep at least 3 truck lengths at all times, you will have to live with the consequences. It takes disipline, and it can be done. Everyone is at fault here. Driving is a priviledge, and mandatory training for all drivers should be required. They probably left their van parked where they hit the deer and all got out to see it- and wham! Another senseless tragedy. Get off the road, get out/away from the vehicle, and call for help... car driving 101. Until we all drive the same cars, small- and are reduced/forced to driving less than 55 to save fuel, which will soon be a law, what do you expect to happen? A 80k# truck vs. what? a 9-1,500k# car- Duh...The trucks are getting heavier to save shipping costs, and the cars are getting smaller and lighter for fuel savings- you do the math. If you can't drive with the big boys, get off the road. There is no room for sharing it anymore. Or common sense. What good is saving fuel when the majority of highway speed limits are averaging 70 M.P.H.? If you even try to drive slower to save fuel- you risk being killed. Not to mention; no matter what the speed limit is, most people go ten m.p.h. faster then posted.

God be with them.