TForce | 7 more zone terminals

Go to UPS Freight's website and look up your state under the service center directory link. I'm not from that area and wouldn't know which are new or which have been there. You're going to see more expansion in the midwest than anywhere else, because we just didn't have any coverage in that area. Motor Cargo was pretty big out west and that became our growth when it was merged with Overnite. But we pretty much did nothing in the midwest and the only freight we bothered to pick up was stuff to fill the trailers to send them back to the east and south.

Good Luck ABF! After a few days, give us a run down of your day. Is the trailer waiting for you when you get to the yard? Delivery Recieipts are in the trailer? Who do you contact (dispatcher?) if there are any issues on the street? How do you get pickups? How many stops is a normal day for ya?

In Wisconsin La Crosse, Eau Claire, Rhinelander and Rice Lake
In Michigan Sault Ste Marie, Iron Mountain and Escanaba
In Minnesota Albert Lea, Brainerd, Duluth, Virginia, Winsted and Willmar
In North Dakota Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot
In Montana Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Kalispell and Missoula
In Iowa Waterloo and Burlington
In Illinois Macomb, Mount Vernon, Paxton, Peoria, Peru and Quincy
Texas has a bunch that opened or are opening as well.

This list may contain inaccuracies as some of these "locations" may have already existed and/or were serviced with contractors.

Whether or not they are union off the bat doesn't matter at all as they all eventually will be. What's at issue is that they are not allowing transfers to these new locations. They should have made that work available especially considering that many are on layoff.
What is the Union position on this issue of having laid off drivers sitting at home not working, but management is allowed to hire from the outside. This is very sad, I am starting to wonder about this union stuff!!!!

I'm pretty sure ups has a no transfer policy unless it is a under the follow your work clause of the contract. MY dad was a feeder driver for 25 years and was not allowed to transfer either. It is an unfortunate situation for those laid off. Unless your terminal was closed you would endtail in anyway.

Good Luck ABF! After a few days, give us a run down of your day. Is the trailer waiting for you when you get to the yard? Delivery Recieipts are in the trailer? Who do you contact (dispatcher?) if there are any issues on the street? How do you get pickups? How many stops is a normal day for ya?

dispatcher is richmond. pickups are received from a diad.

It is running well. There is a learning curve for dispatchers in richmond to learn the lay of the land. The diad is an awesome device, I have no complaints about it. Today I ran my balls off!!! 15 stops,10 bills picked up,19 skids loaded to ride on a pup on the street. Pretty tuff to do. I ran in to the salesman on the street and obviously he is doing his job. At this rate we will have a barn in no time. ABF was a good company to work for but they don't hold a candle to UPS!!!

Hey ABF, did they give you guys a UPSF branded tractor and trailer? We certainly don't wont to show up in a duct taped, rusted old "O" beater with junk "MC" and "O" trailers in tow.

I'm pretty sure ups has a no transfer policy unless it is a under the follow your work clause of the contract. MY dad was a feeder driver for 25 years and was not allowed to transfer either. It is an unfortunate situation for those laid off. Unless your terminal was closed you would endtail in anyway.

What UPS has is what UPS has. It has no bearing on what we did or do. It might help you forecast how things will go when no other information is available, but we have something in the contract called 'past practices' and 'maintenance of standards'. Where nothing is mentioned in the contract it is as it was. Grievances have been filed and it is very likely that some of the zone drivers will be displaced or at least bumped for the men who have more company time who weren't given the opportunity.

If the union doesn't fight for this one then I will forever doubt the Teamsters and their commitment to us. There is no justification for having union brothers on layoff while the company is hiring non-union drivers. I challenge anyone on this board to justify how the union could let that slide.

Hey ABF, did they give you guys a UPSF branded tractor and trailer? We certainly don't wont to show up in a duct taped, rusted old "O" beater with junk "MC" and "O" trailers in tow.

Besides there aint no mechanic around so who would be authorized to apply fresh duct tape when needed?

RevItUp, you mean ya'll at your terminal didn't watch the training video on duct tape, bailing wire, for repair purposes??? And what about proper sticker placard use, you know, using them to repair leaks in trailer roofs? I guess thats our Southern ingenuity at work!

I'm sure for these zone drivers, UPSF will be using contract mechanics to perform preventive maintenance, heaven forbid, we use our own company mechanics and help out our fellow co-workers get some hours!

What UPS has is what UPS has. It has no bearing on what we did or do. It might help you forecast how things will go when no other information is available, but we have something in the contract called 'past practices' and 'maintenance of standards'. Where nothing is mentioned in the contract it is as it was. Grievances have been filed and it is very likely that some of the zone drivers will be displaced or at least bumped for the men who have more company time who weren't given the opportunity.

If the union doesn't fight for this one then I will forever doubt the Teamsters and their commitment to us. There is no justification for having union brothers on layoff while the company is hiring non-union drivers. I challenge anyone on this board to justify how the union could let that slide.

Nightwalker and I agree with everything you said here upsf driver. The problem here also is there is no communication between locals (let's say CGO and APPLETON), or you have the guy one step up from the reps not knowing a thing that's going on at your barn. That's what happened to Nightwalker. He called the local the other day and asked for the guy and the guy did not know a thing about what's going on at the barn. Said he was going to look into it. Haven't heard nothing. So, I think the next step is the President of your local. This is what my ex husband did a few years back. He to is a (10 year) Teamster. He talked to the President of the local, and then there was a 2 year fight, but the members (guys like you who pay there dues every month) won. And this company he works for is very small. I really hope things start getting straightened out for everyone whos having problems.

I will let you guys know more when I find out. I would love to see this transfer thing try and happen. Enough already. Sorry some of you are laid off. I am also a laid off teamster.