ODFL | 70mph

lhdrvr

TB Lurker
Credits
I enjoy my job. I dont want this to come off as a big complaint. More of a suggestion and see what others are thinking. I think its time for trucks to be turned up to 70. More then half my day are on 70 mph interstates and especially during the holidays it has gotten old to be impeading traffic, looking back to see 10 cars lined up in left lane to get around. It would also help with pulling hills in 65 or 70. On top of that to have a little extra to use to pass in a 65. So on and and so forth, blah blah wine,wine. Any thoughts or hear say?

It would be nice but i do not see it happening. Running out of a yard with 65 mph trucks and 70 mph trucks there is quite a bit of difference in fuel mileage. The cost would be very big to turn all our trucks in our company up. In our yard the trucks are set to the run and i have driven a 65 mph truck on our 660 mile run with less fuel cost but the problem is you just about run out of time. If i ran my own business i would do the same as OD. Give the driver the speed he needs to have for the miles run. They are working on a upgrade to the Blue that will change the speed of a truck according to the miles set to run. If your dispatched on a run of 650 miles (not sure what the parameter is) then the truck will automatically turn up to 68 or 70. This will be am awesome improvement in my opinion.

It would be awesome to turn the team trucks up to 70 as well, most of the states we run in are 70 or higher, with the exception of the major metro areas where it's 65.

It would be awesome to turn the team trucks up to 70 as well, most of the states we run in are 70 or higher, with the exception of the major metro areas where it's 65.
Would be nice.But,like bird said you will never see it.The fuel saving's is one big reason OD is on top.No idle on tracter's,etc policy's were put in place because of the bottom line.More money in mine&your pocket's.I believe I would rather have the extra cash in my pocket.

UOTE="Songremainsthesame, post: 892530, member: 30985"]It would be nice but I also doubt it will ever happen. Most large fleets run 65. I'm just glad we aren't YRC at 62 or worse yet Prime at 58![/QUOTE]
Yeah but 65 becomes a problem when everyone is at 64-66 mph. Most idiots you catch will make you earn it when you step out to pass. Ive never had that problem at 68mph.

UOTE="Songremainsthesame, post: 892530, member: 30985"]It would be nice but I also doubt it will ever happen. Most large fleets run 65. I'm just glad we aren't YRC at 62 or worse yet Prime at 58!
Yeah but 65 becomes a problem when everyone is at 64-66 mph. Most idiots you catch will make you earn it when you step out to pass. Ive never had that problem at 68mph.[/QUOTE]
Thats why you shouldnt step out to pass.

nneth, post: 892859, member: 8329"]Yeah but 65 becomes a problem when everyone is at 64-66 mph. Most idiots you catch will make you earn it when you step out to pass. Ive never had that problem at 68mph.[/QUOTE]
Thats why you shouldnt step out to pass.[/QUOTE]
Ok buddy?

nneth, post: 892859, member: 8329"]Yeah but 65 becomes a problem when everyone is at 64-66 mph. Most idiots you catch will make you earn it when you step out to pass. Ive never had that problem at 68mph.
Thats why you shouldnt step out to pass.[/QUOTE]
Ok buddy?[/QUOTE]
You know I couldn't resist that one my friend..:1036316054:

Me in STL last year. Sorry it's sideways, can't figure out how to rotate it from the saved image on my phone.

10917402_10205648036984122_2378875835654109737_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: