ODFL | 70mph

The governed speed is also part of the EPA smartway program. The epa offers incentives to the company to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. I would also like to see them turned up since I've been rear ended twice in 75 and 80mph zones, but I don't see it happening. Especially since the fmcsa is pushing a law to govern all commercial trucks

http://www.insidefmcsa.com/rules/speed-limiters-insurance-sleep-apnea-top-fmcsa-agenda/

Last edited:
Me in STL last year. Sorry it's sideways, can't figure out how to rotate it from the saved image on my phone.

10917402_10205648036984122_2378875835654109737_n.jpg
fixed it for you Song

All of you must only of been here a year or two but we use to be governed around 70. It sure was nice. But seeing how a lot of the guys out of school drive these days like they're still on the forklifts, going a little slower helps with the safety.

It would be nice but I also doubt it will ever happen. Most large fleets run 65. I'm just glad we aren't YRC at 62 or worse yet Prime at 58!
Cmon driver.I drive a YRC truck.Im cool with 62 or 63.youll see me out on Tx LA and Ms.i20.Im about the only guy out here with a cb.Tell my ex dispatcher Pete C in Dallas I said hi..Tell him I'm the one that ate his Cadbury caramel and chocolate egg.lol..he will know who this is..lol

Cmon driver.I drive a YRC truck.Im cool with 62 or 63.youll see me out on Tx LA and Ms.i20.Im about the only guy out here with a cb.Tell my ex dispatcher Pete C in Dallas I said hi..Tell him I'm the one that ate his Cadbury caramel and chocolate egg.lol..he will know who this is..lol
Hey I'm with ya big truck my large car volvo is set at 61.98 lol "nuff said stay safe and warm it's cold in the buckeye

All of you must only of been here a year or two but we use to be governed around 70. It sure was nice. But seeing how a lot of the guys out of school drive these days like they're still on the forklifts, going a little slower helps with the safety.
When I came in 04 tractor'swere govern'd at 67.They drop'd them a couple year's later when fuel went high.

The only way I see the speed limit going back up is for fuel to drop enough to discontinue the Federal fuel surcharge. By getting over 6 mpg they're actually making a profit on purchasing fuel. So I seriously doubt we'll see the whole fleet at 67 again.

The only way I see the speed limit going back up is for fuel to drop enough to discontinue the Federal fuel surcharge. By getting over 6 mpg they're actually making a profit on purchasing fuel. So I seriously doubt we'll see the whole fleet at 67 again.

We won't, not too many fleet trucks over 65 these days.

:1036316054::1036316054:.I have drove 70mph tractor's&feel like I'm on the edge all the time.I think if they did increase speed you would also see accident % go up.65mph is the safest

I didn't even like going 67/68 back when it was possible. It did indeed feel odd going that speed in a big vehicle. But then again I spend my days in traffic for the most part.

:1036316054::1036316054:.I have drove 70mph tractor's&feel like I'm on the edge all the time.I think if they did increase speed you would also see accident % go up.65mph is the safest

I didn't even like going 67/68 back when it was possible. It did indeed feel odd going that speed in a big vehicle. But then again I spend my days in traffic for the most part.

They need to put speed limiters on y'all city driver's trucks at 45 mph so as to not scare you... don't want you nancys getting frightened now...