Holland | $750 bonus

No one wanted the 750.00 dollars in lieu of a standard raise,that would be stupid.I do not know how this is getting twisted into thinking anyone would have preferred a bonus over a standard raise.Falling behind hourly is the reason I went as far to applying,interviewing,drug tested ,road tested and hired at what I consider the best non Union LTL out there.It took three weeks to get the phone call to congratulate me and ask me for a start date and by then I backed out because of their insurance vs ours.I also talked to terminal manager at UPS Freight and he told me he would hire me and before I drug tested and road tested I called him and thanked him but did not accept job because of the pay for the first 3 years.
We will fall behind again this year and the gap is closing on which jobs are better for us out there but in the meantime I prefer to be thankful and work hard for the one I have.

I was getting ready to start looking around after the MOU. I had about enough when we got the Merry Christmas letter telling it was his way or we could just leave. Yes I too went through a long long list of employers. It took three months to go thru the entire hiring process where I am now. I wasn't in a hurry, but I knew it was over for me. But each of us has to do what is right and best for them and their family. The new drivers have no clue to what we had as Holland drivers in the past. They don't care as long as the junk their driving is faster than the junk their passing to get ahead to get another run...! As I told a friend of mine...stay if it works for you...but keep your ear to the ground to keep track of who is hiring...you never know when the pad lock may be on the gate....I never trusted them. I took the signing bonus as an insult after we were forced to vote again to get it right.!!!

No one wanted the 750.00 dollars in lieu of a standard raise,that would be stupid.
With all due respect, I disagree. This was not the first time that a $750.00 (one time) bonus beat out a $.35 pay raise when we had a choice between the two. I've been around long enough have seen it happen a few other times also.
:1036316054:

The new drivers have no clue to what we had as Holland drivers in the past. They don't care as long as the junk their driving is faster than the junk their passing to get ahead to get another run...!
I don't want to get to far off the topic, but you hit the nail on the head there.