TForce | 9 months and the baby is due!

Union Grunt

TB Lurker
Credits
Finally on Jan. 5th, 2009 we will force UPS Freight to answer all there false interpretations of the contract.
Unfortunately. there are many among us who did not follow through with there grievance paper work and will not collect a single penny from any winning rulings next week. UPS counted on that and saved themselves a lot of money.
Diligence, is the core of a strong union. Apathy, is its death. UPS counts on the apathy of its work force. They took thousands of dollars out of every terminals union work force and only the diligent will get paid this money back come next week.
We all had our chance to stand up and fight, make waves or rock the boat. It doesn't always make things comfy with your local management, but doing what is just and right is the only way to work and live.
I can look in the mirror every morning and know that together my union brothers and I changed our work place forever for the greater good of all of us.
It started at the grass roots. Complaint, violation of the contract, grievance, and then a ruling in our favor. Some established rules, others paid $$$ for violations.
It took hundreds of hours of hard work at no pay for all involved to do this 'grunt' work. Pat yourselves on the back!
YOU DESERVE IT! TEAMSTERS!:woot:

Great post UG!!! As a Steward, I work daily at enforcing and maintaining the contract. My motto is "Give No Quarter". Because left in their hands they'd take seventy-five cents!!! I hope many of the issues that we have filed on, makes it to the table and is fairly dealt with. Be cautious. For the mothership is also skilled at the game and has outflanked the rank and file from time to time.

Finally on Jan. 5th, 2009 we will force UPS Freight to answer all there false interpretations of the contract.
Unfortunately. there are many among us who did not follow through with there grievance paper work and will not collect a single penny from any winning rulings next week. UPS counted on that and saved themselves a lot of money.
Diligence, is the core of a strong union. Apathy, is its death. UPS counts on the apathy of its work force. They took thousands of dollars out of every terminals union work force and only the diligent will get paid this money back come next week.
We all had our chance to stand up and fight, make waves or rock the boat. It doesn't always make things comfy with your local management, but doing what is just and right is the only way to work and live.
I can look in the mirror every morning and know that together my union brothers and I changed our work place forever for the greater good of all of us.
It started at the grass roots. Complaint, violation of the contract, grievance, and then a ruling in our favor. Some established rules, others paid $$$ for violations.
It took hundreds of hours of hard work at no pay for all involved to do this 'grunt' work. Pat yourselves on the back!
YOU DESERVE IT! TEAMSTERS!:woot:

You are assuming that things will be interpreted in our favor. Myself, I am not going to hold my breathe

Unfortunatly many did nothing at all and will continue to do so because they will never get or refuse to learn the game but reep all the rewards of your hard work.

I hate to break the bad news to you, your "brothers" will take you out in a heart beat.

maybe you need hold the union accountable for presenting this worthless contract to you to ratify.

I don't think its even worth going there!!!For some of you, I would relieve yourself from the stress and go work for any of those LTL company's that are currently taking away benefits,401K, Pension's and freezing raises and that is most company's out there right now. Yup, you would be better off there and you wouldn't have to worry about this worthless contract.:chairshot:

I don't think its even worth going there!!!For some of you, I would relieve yourself from the stress and go work for any of those LTL company's that are currently taking away benefits,401K, Pension's and freezing raises and that is most company's out there right now. Yup, you would be better off there and you wouldn't have to worry about this worthless contract.:chairshot:
There is obviously no aptitude test required to join and post on truckingboards, but think hard about how idiotic your last statement is.

The other LTL's situation has nothing to do with any contract.... and is not a defense for why ours sucks so bad.

In your eyes here goes:

2 years ago...... If your pro union, go work for a union company

1 year ago..... If you're anti-union, go work for a non union company.

Current day.... If you want a real contract with less gray area, go work for a company that is about to go out of business.

I will soon be paying dues and have every right to state publicly my opinion of our contract without being required to leave my place of employment to satisfy some JA on an Internet forum. :poster_stupid:

There is obviously no aptitude test required to join and post on truckingboards, but think hard about how idiotic your last statement is.

The other LTL's situation has nothing to do with any contract.... and is not a defense for why ours sucks so bad.

In your eyes here goes:

Current day.... If you want a real contract with less gray area, go work for a company that is about to go out of business.

I will soon be paying dues and have every right to state publicly my opinion of our contract without being required to leave my place of employment to satisfy some JA on an Internet forum. :poster_stupid:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

In your eyes here goes:

Buster makes a very valid point. Without this contract, you would be experiencing what an at will employee is dealing with. Read the other forums dude. You should feel extremely lucky that you are under contract, instead of slamming it every chance you get. I've noticed the posters who were against the union movement, from the start, are the same ones who complain now. Interesting. Teamster Elvis out....

Buster makes a very valid point. Without this contract, you would be experiencing what an at will employee is dealing with. Read the other forums dude. You should feel extremely lucky that you are under contract, instead of slamming it every chance you get. I've noticed the posters who were against the union movement, from the start, are the same ones who complain now. Interesting. Teamster Elvis out....
I was for the movement once we became a UPS company.

I will admit we are better off with it(the contract) than without it, but it should never have been ratified in its current form and I think it is funny when guys get so upset in defense of it.

In your eyes here goes:

So does this mean that we have to listen to some of you whine and complain until 2013. Its very simple, Its UPS and not Overnite. We are Teamsters whether you like it or not. We have a contract whether you like it or not. Make it work for you. Or just be miserable for as long as you work here and try to bring down the moral of your co workers.

So does this mean that we have to listen to some of you whine and complain until 2013. Its very simple, Its UPS and not Overnite. We are Teamsters whether you like it or not. We have a contract whether you like it or not. Make it work for you. Or just be miserable for as long as you work here and try to bring down the moral of your co workers.

There are some that will never be content with anything. I have made the contract stronger everyday by challenging my managers with grievances, and winning them.

So does this mean that we have to listen to some of you whine and complain until 2013
You don't have to listen, but we all have the right to voice our opinion.

Its very simple, Its UPS and not Overnite.
Understood. Overnite was never in bed with the Teamsters

We are Teamsters whether you like it or not.
I don't have issue with being a Teamster...I signed a card.... just don't like being sold down the river by the people who are supposed to be working for us(IBT).

We have a contract whether you like it or not. Make it work for you.
I will, I just think it is funny how you guys defend something that poor.

Or just be miserable for as long as you work here and try to bring down the moral of your co workers.
I'm not bringing down the moral.
UPS is doing/has done a fine job of that all by themselves.

The great thing about the union is when you have a disagreement with your local BA(I speak for myself only) this argument is always about the best way to protect the brothers under the contract. When you speak with management, it is like talking to a used car salesman. I don't even bother anymore. With the grievance process we get right to the people with the real power, the labor managers. :clap:

You don't have to listen, but we all have the right to voice our opinion.

Understood. Overnite was never in bed with the Teamsters

I don't have issue with being a Teamster...I signed a card.... just don't like being sold down the river by the people who are supposed to be working for us(IBT).

I will, I just think it is funny how you guys defend something that poor.

I'm not bringing down the moral.
UPS is doing/has done a fine job of that all by themselves.

UPS has been in bed with the Teamsters for a 100 years. Sold down the river?? That was plan long before the final purchase transaction took place. This does not mean that we can't take advantage of our contract and make the best out of it and it also does not mean that we can't be the best LTL carrier out there. I believe we will be. Remember the vision??:hysterical: