TForce | 9 months and the baby is due!

:1036316054:...guys .. the baby will grow..and any parent will tell you the road is often a turbulent one .. but the rewards are priceless ....patience my friends...as Edison said ..pick the one that fits for you...but for me this kind`a hits the mark in this present discussion..:1036316054:

Finally on Jan. 5th, 2009 we will force UPS Freight to answer all there false interpretations of the contract.
Unfortunately. there are many among us who did not follow through with there grievance paper work and will not collect a single penny from any winning rulings next week. UPS counted on that and saved themselves a lot of money.
Diligence, is the core of a strong union. Apathy, is its death. UPS counts on the apathy of its work force. They took thousands of dollars out of every terminals union work force and only the diligent will get paid this money back come next week.
We all had our chance to stand up and fight, make waves or rock the boat. It doesn't always make things comfy with your local management, but doing what is just and right is the only way to work and live.
I can look in the mirror every morning and know that together my union brothers and I changed our work place forever for the greater good of all of us.
It started at the grass roots. Complaint, violation of the contract, grievance, and then a ruling in our favor. Some established rules, others paid $$$ for violations.
It took hundreds of hours of hard work at no pay for all involved to do this 'grunt' work. Pat yourselves on the back!
YOU DESERVE IT! TEAMSTERS!:woot:

I can look in the mirror every morning and feel good knowing I voted against this pathetic contract.:1036316054:

But you are right about one thing. We have a lot of hard work ahead of us.:woot:

I can look in the mirror every morning and feel good knowing I voted against this pathetic contract.:1036316054:

But you are right about one thing. We have a lot of hard work ahead of us.:woot:

A broad statement> Care to state some of you specific problems with the contract, or is your problem the violations that UPS has done and we are fighting?

If you feel the contract is pathetic, and you voted against it, why are you the shop steward up there? Don't spin a gasket on me. It's just a question. I'm not trying to start an argument with you. Just curious. It is a difficult job being a steward. And I would guess even more so if your heart isn't into it. Teamster Elvis out....

No we have been over this so much I would get a headache.:biglaugh:

My problem is that saying the contract is pathetic, does nothing. Making it work for us is the key. Hard work and well thought out grievances, help change the contract and make it stronger.:clap:

If you feel the contract is pathetic, and you voted against it, why are you the shop steward up there? Don't spin a gasket on me. It's just a question. I'm not trying to start an argument with you. Just curious. It is a difficult job being a steward. And I would guess even more so if your heart isn't into it. Teamster Elvis out....

Ok, My fault for spouting off again. I voted no not because I didn't want the union. I feel we was lead to believe that we could vote no and have the contract re-negotiated. Let's just say there was a lot of promises not fulfilled. I feel a lot of lies. That is why no matter how positive I try to be this negativity keeps popping out.

We know each other Elvis and I know and respect the hard work you are doing at your terminal. I am trying and I try to keep this negativity down. Keep reminding me when I do it again. :1036316054:

Ok, My fault for spouting off again. I voted no not because I didn't want the union. I feel we was lead to believe that we could vote no and have the contract re-negotiated. Let's just say there was a lot of promises not fulfilled. I feel a lot of lies. That is why no matter how positive I try to be this negativity keeps popping out.

We know each other Elvis and I know and respect the hard work you are doing at your terminal. I am trying and I try to keep this negativity down. Keep reminding me when I do it again. :1036316054:

No problem brother. Keep your head up. Things are only going to improve. Happy New Years to you and your family, and that handsome looking German Shepherd you have there! Teamster Elvis out....

Skeeter, I don't know who led you to believe what, But we were told right up front that this contract was non negotiable as far as monetary value go's and that its the work rules (supplements) that would make it better. So far they have been straight forward with us. Hang in there and make it work, It will all come together.:1036316054:

I do believe that the company knows it will lose the 90% 10% grievance. They will also layoff as many full timers as possible to reduce the guarantee, but keep working the casuals. Thus, forcing us to grieve article 5 sec. 2. Though I have heard that this is on the national panel for Monday. The company just settled the pay for drug tests. It is funny how they were so addimate that we would not be paid for time spent at DOT drug screens, yet a few weeks before nationals, they settle. If anyone in any other region is not being paid, file the grievance for this. It is my belief that the company settle this grievance to avoid this going to a national decision, thus having to pay every terminal for time spent at DOT drug screens.:clap:

I do believe that the company knows it will lose the 90% 10% grievance. They will also layoff as many full timers as possible to reduce the guarantee, but keep working the casuals. Thus, forcing us to grieve article 5 sec. 2. Though I have heard that this is on the national panel for Monday. The company just settled the pay for drug tests. It is funny how they were so addimate that we would not be paid for time spent at DOT drug screens, yet a few weeks before nationals, they settle. If anyone in any other region is not being paid, file the grievance for this. It is my belief that the company settle this grievance to avoid this going to a national decision, thus having to pay every terminal for time spent at DOT drug screens.:clap:
how about scheduling 10%ers 40 hours on holiday week and scheduling 90%ers 32 hours?

You don't have to listen, but we all have the right to voice our opinion.

Understood. Overnite was never in bed with the Teamsters

I don't have issue with being a Teamster...I signed a card.... just don't like being sold down the river by the people who are supposed to be working for us(IBT).

I will, I just think it is funny how you guys defend something that poor.

I'm not bringing down the moral.
UPS is doing/has done a fine job of that all by themselves.

How can I defend something so poor?

Well I can say this, we started to loose a little, very little when UPS bought "O" in terms of "POLICIES" Remember "AT WILL EMPLOYEE" I think someone saw the wrighting on the wall ,myself included, it was inevitable from the beginning for us to go union and get nothing more then we have now, to be quite honest I think we have made out monetarily for the next 5 years, particularly in comparison to other companies. Do not forget UPS is the bellweather for the economy and most economists, usually what they predict, comes to life, we should get them to tell the weather.

I also realize our move to unionize was part of a condition for central states negotiations, but considring the cutbacks most companies have made in the past year, to 2 years, and considering corperate theft shinning bigger then the northern star in the sky, I would have to say YES, THIS CONTRACT COULD BE BETTER, I AGREE, BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE. Take what you can, good business scence. I can just imagine what we would be paying for INS. per week and what type of raise we would have recieved, I remember when the raise did not even cover the expence of the INS for the year, as a matter of fact I think we were .20 cents per hour down and the following year did the same.

And taking under consideration the performance of our most biggest,( DHL) and second biggest rival,(FEDEX) I would have to say we got the better end of the stick,even with this less then perfect contract.

It is here, and it will go nowhere, I agree it could have been better, I can also say it's not good to carry an old wound around of which I suffer also. Dont let it get the best of you man, and take the hippocratic oath " IT WILL GET BETTER".

As you can see, I now see the light.