FedEx Freight | 90%Discount for 90-DAYS

FedEx SEC filing Dec.18, 2009 (Freight, National,Critical) Quarter Ending Nov.30, 2009 dollars in Millions.
.....................................................................2009...2008....%change
Revenue..........................................................1,068..1,200....(12)
Salaries & Employee Benefits.................................513.....592.....(13)
Purchase Transportation.......................................168.....151.....11
Rentals...............................................................27......35.... (23)
Depreciation & Amortization....................................46......53.....(13)
Fuel..................................................................104....150.....(31)
Maintenance & Repairs...........................................35.....41..... (15)
Inter-company Charges..........................................98.....29......238
Other..................................................................89....117......(24)

Operating income (loss).........................................(12)....32.....(138)

Average Daily LTL Shipments (Thousands)................82.9....80.3......3
LTL Yield
Revenue Per Hundred Weight.................................17.09..19.44...(12)

From FedEx Investor Websit.
The Change in volume is up 3% not 65%.
Revenue per-hundred weight went down but so did most costs with two exceptions, Purchase & Inter-Company.
So where ya getting your #'s.

:clap::biglaugh:... LOL!!! :eck13: I love it.

The Change in volume is up 3% not 65%.

No ::shit::. Did you even bother reading what I wrote?
I said that FEDEX NATIONAL did 65% more shipments between 2008 and 2009 in the MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. Good Lord!!!!

Revenue per-hundred weight went down but so did most costs with two exceptions, Purchase & Inter-Company.
So where ya getting your #'s.

Looks like average daily shipments in 2009 went up by 2.7 (thousands) while revenue per hundred-weight dropped from 19.44 to 17.09. So yes, we are hauling more freight for less $$$$.

Purchase trans increased by 17 million, but fuel costs dropped by 46 million. The thing that confuses me is INTER-COMPANY CHARGES...that is a whopping $70 million increase but you don't know which opcos are transfering charges because FedEx bundles the numbers of all 3 opcos into one division (Freight). CC's numbers should not be bundled into Freight and National because they are an expedited outfit versus two LTL's units.

Explain to me how the Freight segment posted a $12 mil loss this quarter, while at the same time last year we had a $22 mil profit?
That is a $32 million swing into the red....all of this while both opcos (Freight and National) have been MUCH busier.
To give you some perspective...National set a record of over 21,500 shipments in the month of September. September of 08', we did just over 13,000 shipments.

How the heck do you move 65% more shipments, and yet show a loss?

And you think we are not discounting the hell out of freight?!?!?!?
You sir, are crazy.

Yup. read it again just to be clear. Still think your pulling #'s from thin air. And manipulating them to make FedEx look as bad as possible.

Yup. read it again just to be clear. Still think your pulling #'s from thin air. And manipulating them to make FedEx look as bad as possible.

Well Jinx...FedEx should not be bundling all 3 opcos together like that under the FREIGHT division. Is it illegal? No. But does it gives shareholders, employees, and stakeholders, etc a clear view of what is going on amongst the opcos? Hell no!

Like the inter-company charge...did that go from Freight to CC or from CC to FXNL or from FXNL to Freight or from CC to Freight?

FedEx makes a big deal of running two separate LTL networks for long-haul and regional shipments. In most cases, you can't pick up our freight and we can't pick up your freight. And yet, they bundle us together on the income statement along with CC...an expedited carrier !?!?

So I would label any numbers pulled of the income statement like that as SUSPECT. And the only way to really know how much discounting is going on and applied to which accounts is to talk to someone high-up in the foodchain in sales.

our company

When investors invest in FedEx they invest in FedEx as a whole not just one segment or the other. We are one company and need to operate as one.
Inter-company charges: Certain functions were transferred from the FedEx Freight segment to FedEx Sevices and FCIS effective August 1, 2009. For 2010, the costs associated with functions, previously a direct charge, are being allocated to the FedEx Freight segment through inter-company allocations.

http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/091218/FEDEX-CORP_10-Q/

Let's see well since Federal Express is classified as an airline and Ground is the parcel divison with Home Delivery. You have a motor carrier with a longhaul and regional capability augmented by a very diversified and top notch expedited carrier. Wouldnt you combine the similar business units to save duplication of jobs and resources freeing up valuable internal synergies for other more important needs. This is why large corporations structure their business units way. If FXCC starts to drag down the segment chop chop been nice knowing ya. Same thing with freight, national or whoever you want to name . This was the cancer that attempted to kill YRC, this is a statement of fact that YRC controllers let greed ruin many good working men and women and almost sank many years of American trucking Heritage. If they had started trimming like FedEx did with Watkins yes it was painful to see and lots of people went down with it but what emerged was a lean mean freight moving machine. Why is use of PT up how about the (Sarcasm) hundreds of thousands of drivers laid off or seperated from our company would be 1 good reason. Operating expense up, revenues down oh my thats what happens when carriers grow and additional manpower is needed. Your 65% more shipments are these numbers tracked from when Watkins was purchased or when Fxd rebranded them? I dont know would be nice to know but I dont really care. And for that matter Mike sometimes things don't make sense and we're not supposed to understand the complex structure of multibillion dollar companies some people do sure but we were hired to perform a task not try and figure out why freight gets good toilet paper and National gets paper towels. Relax buddy it's FEDEX

When investors invest in FedEx they invest in FedEx as a whole not just one segment or the other.

Yes, but it is impossible to see what's going on between the Freight and National opcos. If you own an investment, you would like to know all that is happening with the $$$ you invested. At YRC, they break down the Regional and National LTL divisions but FedEx doesn't do this. FedEx knows this information...but investors don't. For example, we know that FedEx took a $90 mil writedown vs the value of FXNL at the beginning of this year...but as an investor, I can't see what FXNL is doing as a stand-alone opco.

We are one company and need to operate as one.

We are not one company...we do not pick up each other's freight (except in certain limited areas).
The divisions are branded differently.
The networks are run separately.
Different management structures.

For 2010, the costs associated with functions, previously a direct charge, are being allocated to the FedEx Freight segment through inter-company allocations.

OK, allocated to who? Freight, FXNL, or Custom Critical? :ranting2:

Read the sec filing I added to my post #25

To the public we are one company with many services. They only see FedEx nothing else. To me we are one. Big Picture.

At our center which is Freight we pickup for National and Critical when we need to and deliver as well. Even though National has coverage through our area.

I really don't care how FedEx corporate moves their money around as long as the check is there and FedEx is in the black, I'm good.

It is UP TO 90% but talking to our sales people they don't have one customer getting 90%. The one sales rep said he has one customer who is at 85% but that was it.

It is UP TO 90% but talking to our sales people they don't have one customer getting 90%. The one sales rep said he has one customer who is at 85% but that was it.

troublemaker1 saw it in writing but none of these know-it- alls want to admit they are wrong.

troublemaker1 saw it in writing but none of these know-it- alls want to admit they are wrong.

Still trolling blow-en your little tin horn?..............IF and that's a BIG IF you actually did see anything. It wasn't with our letter head.

Still trolling blow-en your little tin horn?..............IF and that's a BIG IF you actually did see anything. It wasn't with our letter head.
showing your intelligence, or lack of, when you take a childish cheap shot at someones handle.:loser: