TForce | 90 minute delay on friday

As I said, two weeks ago. This will be a complete success and we can expect this every Friday. I am not surprised and fully expected to start my late weekends.

This will take an Hour and a 1/2 out of you weekend, Would they let us start an hour and 1/2 later Monday? I'd doubt it. I dont know about the rest of you, but this really P**s's me off! Before you know it it will be Requiredfor road drivers and others to work Saturdays, which is really what they are trying to do here.

This will take an Hour and a 1/2 out of you weekend, Would they let us start an hour and 1/2 later Monday? I'd doubt it. I dont know about the rest of you, but this really P**s's me off! Before you know it it will be Requiredfor road drivers and others to work Saturdays, which is really what they are trying to do here.

We already work Saturdays. (after midnight Friday):biglaugh:

This does really suk, But remember, We are just numbers and UPS could care less that most of us road drivers only have one 24 hour day off every weekend. Whats the alternative? (another job) We just go with the flow and not get stressed out about it. This is how I deal with it. I get an extra hour and a half with my family on Friday nights.:smilie_132:

Just keep on complaining yourself into a day run I see. I wish I had a day run.

We already work Saturdays. (after midnight Friday):biglaugh:

This does really suk, But remember, We are just numbers and UPS could care less that most of us road drivers only have one 24 hour day off every weekend. Whats the alternative? (another job) We just go with the flow and not get stressed out about it. This is how I deal with it. I get an extra hour and a half with my family on Friday nights.:smilie_132:

You are right Buster It was not long ago we were giving it (time) away for free at least we are getting paid for our time now .:1036316054:

Getting paid is good, but family comes first with me. Whoever thought of this 90 minute start delay must not have a family or they just don't care. Their getting paid the big bucks.

Maybe, just maybe we are not seeing the big picture. This 90 minutes might just be enough time to build better loads and reduce handling to move fr8t up the road. Sure it hurts right now, and tough because it cuts into the weekend, but lets do the math:
better loading+reduced handling=less damages
Less Damages+Efficient Runs=We have a future.
If you are still having trouble understanding this, I bet a couple Jevic Drivers would love an opportunity to fill these runs. I love my family, but I have to provide for them as well.

I believe it's all about servicing the customer and getting as much freight out for the weekend.
I don't think UPS's intention was to disrupt your personal time during weekends, it's just the nature of the beast.
Instead of getting more time off during the weekend, your Friday time off is just extended.
I would think somewhere down the line the back-up will be tweaked a bit and get done on an as needed basis.
Right now it's just working great in allowing more time to get the most city freight out.

Just keep on complaining yourself into a day run I see. I wish I had a day run.
This not only applies to night runs it applies to every run even runs that leave on Saturday morning. My run will now leave at 11:30 am instead of 10. They need to figure out whose runs are affected and adjust accordingly. Sounds like a little Con-Way thinking going on, Huummm:hide:

Maybe, just maybe we are not seeing the big picture. This 90 minutes might just be enough time to build better loads and reduce handling to move fr8t up the road. Sure it hurts right now, and tough because it cuts into the weekend, but lets do the math:
If you are still having trouble understanding this, I bet a couple Jevic Drivers would love an opportunity to fill these runs. I love my family, but I have to provide for them as well.

WOW! A thinker... Be careful here! :hysterical:

Careful, others might realize that common sense in not so common. I agree with JBR, instead of painting with a broad brush, it would be okay to tweak a couple run and make adjustments that are needed.

Getting paid is good, but family comes first with me. Whoever thought of this 90 minute start delay must not have a family or they just don't care. Their getting paid the big bucks.

They do care. They care very much about making big profits. The big man in charge that came from Conway came up with this. Conway has a two hour Friday night delay. Our contract does not allow more than 90 minutes change in schedules with out bump/rebid. If we were not under contract we would also have a two hour Friday night delay. We have said all along that UPS is all about profits and share holders and that we are just numbers. They will do what ever they can get away with to make more money no matter how much of an inconvenience it is to our free time family life.

Remember my post on the first night we did this 90 minute delay. I said that the company will state that it was a complete success and that we will be doing this 90 minute delay every Friday night. I also said you can take that to the bank.
Did anyone read the letter that UPS came out with? Although it makes sense, I hate it when I am 100% right.

They do care. They care very much about making big profits. The big man in charge that came from Conway came up with this. Conway has a two hour Friday night delay. Our contract does not allow more than 90 minutes change in schedules with out bump/rebid. If we were not under contract we would also have a two hour Friday night delay. We have said all along that UPS is all about profits and share holders and that we are just numbers. They will do what ever they can get away with to make more money no matter how much of an inconvenience it is to our free time family life.

This is the reason they went with this 90 late start. Nightwalker had his meeting last night with management and was told the reason for this change is because they are making a big profit off this. Some guys want to start a petition but it won't help because it's in the contract. They will lose on that one. Hopefully the next contract will be neg better. And yes word going around here is that it's because of the guy from Conway.

The following PCM should be shared with all operations employees, especially linehaul drivers, as soon as possible. The delay mentioned in the PCM only affects the linehaul network, not P&D or dock workers.

Article 26
Wages

Section 4. Paid for Time

… Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork.

We're Dockworkers as soon as we Swipe-In...

Thanks – for the Free Money – Kev! :1036316054:

What a bunch of Crap!

Take the Freaking Blinders off and Stop believing everything that Management Spits Out!

Kevin's PCM dated 07/08/2008 - is nothing more then a bunch of BS!

Does he and this company really believe that we are all this Stupid?

An Hour and Half delay didn't change the Freaking World for this Company last Friday night...

The only thing it did do was:

Save them an Hour and Half Pay per Person!

Bill Count against Hours Worked…

That’s All Kevin is Talking About!

You can take this how ever You like…

I too want this company to be successful!…

But, I’m not going to sit back and be lied to!

As far as Your Jevic Reference…

Are You Threatening Us?

Are You Telling Us to Believe what You are saying or else?

These subtleties need to Stop amongst Us!

It’s Not up to Us to Persuade or Coerce each other...

It’s time for Management to be Held Accountable for their own Actions!

How about using the 90 minutes at home with your family. Am I missing something here.Get a grip.:duh: