TForce | 90 minute delay on friday

How about using the 90 minutes at home with your family. Am I missing something here.Get a grip.:duh:

Everyones lifestyle is not the same. Nightwalker will sleep longer on Friday's to get his rest. (he has the only rough run out of his barn). It wouldn't be bad if these terminals got you guys out on time. And you greive the issue, but allot of times it doesn't help. They keep on doing it. Let's face it, like allot of guys on here said, It's all about UPS and not the employees. I have other remarks about this issue, but keeping them to myself. What's next....changing your guys runs all together to let say, allot of guys will have to start their work week on a Sunday? IT IS ALL ABOUT UPS.

Just becuase were held 90 minutes does not mean we are going to get off 90 minutes later. If tha were the case how would this save money? You have to look at the big picture.

All loads going to hubs should be built better and more headloads created this means less freight that needs to be moved and handled.

This is just the start of this program next will be earlier start times for city on monday mornings and the modification of outbound shifts.

Just because were held 90 minutes does not mean we are going to get off 90 minutes later. If tha were the case how would this save money? You have to look at the big picture.
lets see.....

If you have a 500 mile run and leave at 7 PM...and it takes 8 and a half hours to turn you will be done at 3:30 AM.

Now if you run the same 500 mile run and start at 8:30 PM....your saying you would still be done at 3:30 AM?

I apparently don't see the same "big picture" your looking at.

lets see.....

If you have a 500 mile run and leave at 7 PM...and it takes 8 and a half hours to turn you will be done at 3:30 AM.

Now if you run the same 500 mile run and start at 8:30 PM....your saying you would still be done at 3:30 AM?

You don't see the "big picture" O sees. You don't have his special view finder. :smilie_132:

lets see.....

Perhaps the traffic will be thinned out enough for you to make extra better time.

lets see.....

Hub drivers - they will have less freight to move across the dock that will save them time.

Drivers that do turns with loads returning should have decreased delay times.

Runs like you described could still benefit for instance when you report to work and the freight is not ready would now be ready.

That is the big picture.

This is the reason they went with this 90 late start. Nightwalker had his meeting last night with management and was told the reason for this change is because they are making a big profit off this. Some guys want to start a petition but it won't help because it's in the contract. They will lose on that one. Hopefully the next contract will be neg better. And yes word going around here is that it's because of the guy from Conway.

Keep in mind, This was going to happen union or not. My point was, That if we were not union we would have a 2 hour delay on Friday nights. And yes, I am sure there will be many, many more changes in our future. UPS never stops peaking and tuning.

How about using the 90 minutes at home with your family. Am I missing something here.Get a grip.:duh:

This morning I had breakfast with my family. WHY? Because I did not have to go to bed so early. And tonight I will go out to dinner with my family. Why? Because I don't have to be at work so early. We can't change it, so we make it work for us.:1036316054:

HEY FOR SOME OF YOU OLDER FELLOW THAT MAY HAVE RUN INTO NORFOLK,VA AND NEW WARREN RENSHAW(WIMPY) HE PASSED AWAY 7/6/08 HE WAS A 34 YEAR VETERAN OF OVERNITE AND FOR YOU THAT NEW HIM YOU CAN GO TO Hollomon-Brown Funeral Home and Crematory AND LEAVE A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR THE FAMILY.

..dang 10 speed I got to know him but cant place the handle...we lost "Big Ben" Benny Davis 7/8/08 this week also,he worked in the shop for many years and some might remember his racing career,o`Benny could ride son...won many championships at some of the local tracks here in NC...even showed Earnhart Sr how to drive dirt...and that is a direct quote from o`ironhead...he didn`t run the road but a few years before retiring......RIP Wimpy and Big Ben

How did you road drivers fair with the delay this time?

I came in at my scheduled 90 minute delay, My loads were ready. I went to Newburgh and sat for two hours. My loads were ready when I arrived there but I had to wait until Central lined me up. That was two hours of full rate delay pay plus hooking pay. Allthough the delay was a complete waist of time and money, I was paid for all time spent.:1036316054:

my sleeper run is not require to go by that two hour delay! because me and co driver out of seattle wa. so when i go into portland or. we drop & hook and get the hell out town