Central Transport | 99 weeks

Angry_trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
any of you guys have big plans for when we all get fired? Im gonna hit the gym and drink lots of beer. just think..99 weeks of unemployment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I could stand to sit around for 99 weeks, went stir crazy when was off for 26 weeks with injury.

I was off under 20 weeks once, know what you mean, gets very boring, house was cleaned to within an inch of it's life, cars were detailed, lawn was perfect, no fish left in 10,000 acre lake, and I could do a 65 on the golf course (OK, last two were a joke)

How about going to find a job? Just because some of you sponged of vitran, does not mean that you should sponge off the government. Most of the good people left Vitran and the drivers who complain and stay are unemployable elsewhere. I have been saying that for years...How about all of you complainers who think you know it all get together and start your own trucking company, maybe you can put your arch enemy out of business.

How about going to find a job? Just because some of you sponged of vitran, does not mean that you should sponge off the government. Most of the good people left Vitran and the drivers who complain and stay are unemployable elsewhere. I have been saying that for years...How about all of you complainers who think you know it all get together and start your own trucking company, maybe you can put your arch enemy out of business.

Vitrax needs a happy meal..

If directed towards me, my 20 weeks was years ago with a shoulder surgery that would not pass DOT standards for 20 weeks, just saying

I think most guys are just kidding. But your trying to spin this into something its not. We all complain, even you. If you tell me you never complain about your job, i would call you a liar.....I stay here not because im drowning debt...not because i cant go somewhere else. I stay here because i like my customers and my hope is chris can turn this company in the right direction and make it profitable again...But you want to jump up on your soap box and be Mr. Perfect. Mr. i never complain. How about go Fu** yourself. Nobody wants this company to go out of business...But they have made some foolish moves...and should be called out on it sometimes, even if its only us that hears it..They should be held accountable like anyone else...When guys mess up something and get a write up, thats the price they pay...When the company does it we should just look the other way and say its ok...i think not...its our right as a team member to express ourselves...We have free speech in america...this aint china... I admit maybe sometimes some go overboard...But thats because we try so hard to do the right things, and the company comes right behind us and continues to make the same mistakes over and over. And as far as sponging off the government in the event of a tragic job loss ...I say your an idiot too. Big brother has been sticking it to the working man for years...While people like our CEO pays next to nothing in taxes...percentage wise

And one more thing ...If you got the bal** pus**....Go to the thread "The Future" by my Friend "LTL is great" and read his first post....If you cant agree with everything he said....your a bigger idiot than i thought you where...

vijax racer supposedly worked for vitran and has left for greener pastures, but comes back to this forum to voice his opinions.

Runaway Train,
I have the freedom to express my opinions and I will. I am still friends with some of the good people at Vitran that I used to work with. Obviously you are one of the people thaat I am talking about because it hit a nerve. There is nothing wrong with stating opinions, but I was unhappy there and I left...I am thinking that you have no choice. I can tell by your GFYourself comment that you are nothing but a low life who sits in the drivers room crying like a baby about your load-if you dont like something, make a change.
Not wanted-though I do nto agree with everything you say, you make valid points and do not cry about everything!

And one more thing ...If you got the bal** pus**....Go to the thread "The Future" by my Friend "LTL is great" and read his first post....If you cant agree with everything he said....your a bigger idiot than i thought you where...

I wouldd think that you are the idiot since you stay somewhere that you hate so bad...do the company a favor and quit

I rarely come to the truckingboard site. But as I was employed by Vitran for a while I do take a little bit of interest in where the company has been and where it has gone. As I said a couple months back Vitran has a small portion of the LTL market. A very small portion. It has seemed to keep all of you employed...through cut backs and pay freezes. It apparantly does not want to spend the money to increase business. Most of you probably sit around much of the day waiting for something to do. That is A typical of many Vitran P&D drivers. The Chris Trucking Division of Vitran has held the same direction for as long as I can remember. Poor management in Dallas and Houston over the past 5 years has literally embedded the company in some bad habits. Yes they have gotten rid of 2 very poor terminal managers at both facilities but far too late. When these managers needed to be hands on instead they allowed a train wreck to occur. I see vitran staying on the tracks...rolling slowly....but will hold it's own. I now work for a huge LTL company which keeps me busy from the time I punch in until I punch out. Normally making 14 to 18 separate deliveries every day and picking up any where from 20 to 45 bills in every trailer I take back. Different company, better pay, excellent benefits, great maintenance facilities, and excellent equipment. Pretty well oiled but obviously every company has it's own set of drawbacks.....which I ignore unless it affects me personally. I don't ask alot of questions and probably stay a bit more distant than I have in the past. I hope for my friends at Vitran that it hangs on......

Slugbug we have been friends a very long time and i will talk to you later today...As for vijax racer... its fine for you to come on here and state opinions, but dont call us a bunch of cry babies...I will leave in time.. but i wont leave during the slow season... im almost at the top of the seniority list...And i want all the holiday pay thats coming and all my vacation i have coming. I only have a few years before i retire. I have my home paid for...my two cars paid for...and no credit card debt...If you can say the same then good decisions on your part. But a low life and complainer im not..Frustrated yes about the companies performance. But only i can do something about it...and i will ..when the time is right..

Vijax racer if you ever come back...Read the thread "vitran dropped considerably" line 50 .......My home is paid for...my cars are paid for...my motorcycle...I have no credit card debt...and my kids are grown so the only bills i have is property taxes, insurance and basic things like electric and water bills...I have prepared myself to retire at anytime...the main reason i have stayed is health care....im way to young to get medicare...The reason it rubbed me the wrong way is because all my friends on this site struggle day to day here, and cant leave because of financial reasons....Thats not the case with me. They need a place to come and vent...They cant just quit and start over at the bottom...They would stand too lose it all if they made the wrong move...So their fear keeps them here. Dont kick a man when hes down by making him feel worse. Hes frustrated and just needs to vent..Everything in line 50 is not about me...its about my friends. I was in their place a few times in my younger days..Life gets hard sometimes. I try to understand and show a bit of compassion. Its not always black and white when making a job change. There are too many variables..So next time you want to rip into your fellow trucker...Think twice please...Unless you have walked a mile in his shoes.