Central Transport | 99 weeks

Runaway Train,
I have the freedom to express my opinions and I will. I am still friends with some of the good people at Vitran that I used to work with. Obviously you are one of the people thaat I am talking about because it hit a nerve. There is nothing wrong with stating opinions, but I was unhappy there and I left...I am thinking that you have no choice. I can tell by your GFYourself comment that you are nothing but a low life who sits in the drivers room crying like a baby about your load-if you dont like something, make a change.
Not wanted-though I do nto agree with everything you say, you make valid points and do not cry about everything!

Thank you.....:notworthy:

Well, the old saying, inside every problem is the answer if you open your eyes rings true at Vitran. I offer my comments based on my own history and what I think is right, sometimes I am in front of the company, sometimes I would be the one getting the shaft if they did what I thought was correct. I have my own way of looking at some things, just like others have their way, but at least I admit others opinions and where they come from (just like the elections, I like and dislike both candidates, both set an example of forward thinking, but both also fail miserably at that same thinking) Some people get so fixated on one issue that it becomes old and tiresome, and that is what I am finding here online more and more, starting rumors just to give the company a black eye because they are behind the keyboard.. Dock people up to my TM are just frustrated, we all knew it would take a while to turn things around, providing the money holds out (as Q3 shows it might not) when I was the boss of a franchise rental place, the #1 rule was safety, the #2 rule was you do not have the right to complain unless you can give me 2 examples on how to fix it, needless to say my complaint list was very short, if employees complained it was not frivolous rhetoric because they had to back up what they were saying. It is easy to complain, but another thing to be the one who has to fix that problem.

maybe vitran was vijax racers first driving job and you never forget your 1st one. you see he still carries the same user name after he left, vitran must have popped his driving cherry. :2437:

Granted, we as drivers, cannot fix all the issues, each department has their problems. Even if i got something fixed at my place, there are dozens of other terminals that we feed and they feed us to just screw it up again. One night this week all LH were out by 7 instead of 9, next day half our P&D got delayed an hour, and some 90 mins to 2 hours due to linehaul getting back late (pushing their 14 sitting on their ass waiting on trailers) because other terminals were running late, so the result was 3/4 of P&D got back after 8pm which caused our LH to run late that next night.

Once again someone wirtes a post without knowing anything. I started at PJAX when they actually were choosy when hiring drivers. two yeard driving experiemce, clean record and a hm. PJAX was the best job that I had, if I could go back to the way it was I would in a heart beat. So there you have it!

maybe vitran was vijax racers first driving job and you never forget your 1st one. you see he still carries the same user name after he left, vitran must have popped his driving cherry. :2437:

i too was hired when it was just pjax. it's just a job back then and it's still just a job now. and when this dump folds i'll get another one.

dang it boys, I stay off the computer for 2 days and I miss all the action. and to you vijax racer, I too have a problem. you see how I say I was away from my computer for 2 days, and that yes, I don't have a "smart" phone. that is my complaint. how do I fix the fact that I don't have a smart phone? well very easy, after 2mrw I will be giving vitran my 2 week notice, if all goes well. And yes I was one of those that hated this place becuz of financial problems, but as alot of us here at Vitran, was stuck in a tight spot. you see I had career ending medical problems, so I had to stay here till I was able to get back on my feet, get healthy enuf to find another job, that pays more after a short period of time. that has way better benifits, and actually goes by senority for everything, cuz the company has no choice but to go by senority. the 5 years I put into vitran were years that I wouldnt change, becuz I learned so much here, how to budget, how to keep my emotions at work when my day was crappy ( and trust me I had so many of them), I was able to learn how to keep work awayfrom my home life. When I started at vitran back in 08, they were one of the highest paid non-union LTL companies, the morale was high, yeah you always had your cry babys, your brown nosers, and your milkmen. but now, I cant even start to put into words of how Vitran is now. The people that were calm, well spoken, curse words were not in their vocabulary, well the script has flipped for at least 80% of the work force, everyone is cursing, no one cares if they get written up, cuz 9 times out of 10 they dont. you have to do something horrible to get canned here now, it is getting harder and harder for management to find good quility workers. cu we have ran thru most of them and lost the good ones that we had. all I can say for the people left here at vitran is, good luck riding out the storm, I tried to stay as long as I could, cuz I too like the customers I have, I too liked most of the people at vitran, and I too thought this was going to be my last employer. things change, people change. and sorry for being all over the place with this post, I just had alot on my mind today.............