ODFL | A few questions

Champion bulldo

TB Lurker
Credits
1.What is the starting rate at odfl? How long does it take to get top rate
2. On average how much is insurance premium for just husband and wife
3. As a new driver to odfl would u get at least 40 hours?
4. On average how long does it take to get a bid run?
5. Does odfl have layoffs often?
6. I have many years of P&D experience does that count for anything with odfl

1.What is the starting rate at odfl? How long does it take to get top rate
2. On average how much is insurance premium for just husband and wife
3. As a new driver to odfl would u get at least 40 hours?
4. On average how long does it take to get a bid run?
5. Does odfl have layoffs often?
6. I have many years of P&D experience does that count for anything with odfl
Another question

Does odfl let u eat ur lunch while driving or do they make u take a 30min lunch without pay

Are you serious? Are you actually suggesting you don't want to take a lunch break like normal workers and you want to eat some kind of lunch while you are driving? Is this what today's workforce has become? OMG!!
Yea I prefer just to eat a quick sandwich or bag of chips while I drive to my next stop. I much rather do that then sit for a unpaid 30mim

Not sure about starting pay but takes 3 years to reach top pay. Top pay around 30.00 depends on location. Layoffs of course prior exp. may get u a job over someone with less exp.Layoffs of course no work no need to pay someone not to work.

Hours depends on freight no 40 hrs if no work. are you talking bid run p and d or linehaul. Both depend on location number of drivers and so forth. If u have a jod now stay with it. Od does things how they want to period........ good luck

Oh yeah let's no forget what there is a change of operations what happens nobody knows. I have seen someone with many years with co. And that driver no longer had a bid run.does not sound right and it's not right but that's the way they do things. Again good luck.

You learn to eat your necessary nutrition in 30 miles not 30 minutes. You Start off with cooked protein of some kind, followed by some form of bread or potato and then finish with a green and some kind of desert. A little dab at a time from the doghouse next to you or off the dash under the windshield as you roll.

We used to have two Dutch ovens going on the floor near the shifter. It would contain chopped ham, taters small, some onions (This is a type of food you have to have etc) and something green like brussel sprouts. Takes 6 hours to cook. You have 4 or 5 to go when it's done and ready to eat. and there is chopped tomatos and some form of drink and so forth to finish.

I don't know too much about day cabs, but we used to call ahead to whatever truckstop and have them precook and wrap in foil a particular way of meal. If I remember right in the morning I asked for a western omlette with everything, easy on Jalapenos, and then some form of potato to go with it and perhaps a bit of meat with it so that it all cooked together, wrapped in such a way you just break off as you eat going down the road.

Philadelphia Food trucks of the old roach kind with cheesesteaks, taters and onions and so on, wrapped you a few extra for the next few days for a 10.00 or so you did not count on actually pulling INTO a formal truckstop and then wasting time with all that served meal, parking and so forth. You needed to be down the road. They are waiting on you.

The three Stanley thermoses contained the jewel collection, good stiff coffee in two and strong alcohol in the third marked as such. This would be way before the CDL days where they put a stop to that. So the third contained known good water (Usually from distilled gallon jugs which broke) The spirits were not for drinking however. Its for cuts and trauma you accumulate eating splinters throwing pallets all day in the trailer. Otherwise you run a bad fever from being infected and then get really sick. Then you cannot drive. And lose your income if not your life.