FedEx Freight | A question about seniority

princess

smh..
Credits
If Fedex is buying Watkins, will the Watkins drivers who have more years than Fedex drivers automaticly have more seniority than the drivers at Fedex?

Doubt it... they don't recognize company seniority at Fedex, only board seniority.

fyi

the way af and viking handled it was you grandfathered in where your senority put you.
At that point we all become one company.
I would bet thats the way it will go if all this goes thru....:tribehasspoken:

sorry
should have added that it was city senority and line senority grandfathering in where your senority put you....

So, if a Watkins city driver has 5 years and a newer fedex driver has 1 year, the Watkins driver will have more seniority and be able to bid for example, earlier start times, and if volunteers are needed for weekends they will have seniority over that too?

princess said:
If Fedex is buying Watkins, will the Watkins drivers who have more years than Fedex drivers automaticly have more seniority than the drivers at Fedex?
It all depends on the terms of the sale. There has been aquisitions where the company being bought, as terms of the sale mandated that none of their employees would lose their job as a result of the combining of work forces, the result was that the company that bought out the other had to eliminate their own.
Just have to wait and see.

It all depends on the terms of the sale. There has been aquisitions where the company being bought, as terms of the sale mandated that none of their employees would lose their job as a result of the combining of work forces, the result was that the company that bought out the other had to eliminate their own.
Just have to wait and see.

That would suck...Now I'll be sitting here worried about my husbands job security.
And I just posted in the other threads how secure I felt

Just remember Princess Watkins has their own freight and accounts that will add volume to our operation. Even if thay would allow Watkins drivers to dovetail there will be more freight and demands placed on the system, I would be concerned if I were managemant maybe but not much as a driver.
You recently posted your husband has some cushion below him on the board, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you!

Uncle Stumpy:tribehasspoken:

fyi again

i transfered with af to az when we opened out here, six months later we were bought and after all the worries and questions it all turned out good. I really thind fedex will take care of all parties in my humble opinion...
we cant worry about things we really dont have any control of. Nothing is in concrete or confirmed....

I would not get to worked up about things for now.
He has nothing to worry about and you don't either Princess.

smoke is correct

we were all scared and worried in az. and actually in our position out here weird scenarios can be worked up again, but it would all be for nothing. I dont think pat reed would let all our hard work just go for nothing. I really believe we will keep growing . sit back and watch this all be a good thing.... go fedex....................:bgroovy: :bgroovy: :smilie_132: ..

This will be a good thing and I think that our company will stand by us first. Lets hope I'm right.

I guess I am extra paranoid. But for good reasons.
My husband worked for Watkins, got laid off,(him and a dozen other drivers) got hired on to with Fedex before his last day with Watkins...and now Fedex is buying Watkins..How ironic is that...

Look at what FedEx does historically when they buy a company, they let it run on their own accord.

I wouldn't get all riled up unless you have a reason to.

roog

I say dont worry Princess.....itll work out just fine, but the details I guess well just have to wait and see....