FedEx Freight | A question about seniority

none

you guys crack me up its just a rumor for now.ive been here for 11 years believe it when happens. dont worry about the seniority thing fed ex doesnt care about that if they did i would be #1

junglejim said:
you guys crack me up its just a rumor for now.ive been here for 11 years believe it when happens. dont worry about the seniority thing fed ex doesnt care about that if they did i would be #1

You are #1 with us friend... :biglaugh:

Benefits and start date with FEDEX

So how does the whole benefits thing work With FEDEX. With WML we get 3 weeks a year(after 5 years). Does FEDEX get that, if so did all the AF and Viking Employees have to cash out, and re vest with FEDEX? :nutkick:
How did the pension or retirment change over as well?

zoz:
They are telling us that you guys are on your own .
The changes you will see are going to be for the better .
Do not expect them to happen the next few days.
I really do not think you will loose anything that you have now.
Maybe some of our other board members would like to chime in on this.

try this

Smokestack said:
zoz:
They are telling us that you guys are on your own .
The changes you will see are going to be for the better .
Do not expect them to happen the next few days.
I really do not think you will loose anything that you have now.
Maybe some of our other board members would like to chime in on this.
Look out YRCW cause FEDEX NATIONAL LTL is gonna get all up in your cool aid now. It will take time, but if it is true about Watkins primary freight was three days and longer and YRCW hauls one third of the long Ltl freight and our customers have been telling Harrison that they want us to get into the long haul LTL too, wwwwoooooooowwwwwweeeee, FRED SMITH and the boys are licking there chops. DAY N ROSS sssssuuuuucccckkkk. Thank god we will have a established operation now in canada. Everytime we would start to grow into Canada they would screw it all up for us. 3 to 5 % the LTL market is growing a year. UPS got that whole entire ball of wax with overnite. But man look at that equipment, their facilities do I need to say more. Look at watkins ( strip and rebrand ) for a whole 780 millon, crap thats cheep for Fred Smith. Come on lets get this ball rolling:bgroovy: :bgroovy: :wavey: :smilie_132:

How the Seniority will probably go...

Press release say's "Watkins will maintain general office in Lakeland Fl....' Fedex Freight National will operate as a separate network within the Fedex Freight unit.'"Sounds as if they will be much like Custom Critical, all be it on a much larger scale, obviously. Just a thought... WML is now Fedex National... don't think they will blend in with FedEx Freight East/West...

PINBALL said:
Press release say's "Watkins will maintain general office in Lakeland Fl....' Fedex Freight National will operate as a separate network within the Fedex Freight unit.'"Sounds as if they will be much like Custom Critical, all be it on a much larger scale, obviously. Just a thought... WML is now Fedex National... don't think they will blend in with FedEx Freight East/West...
There is currently some difficulty getting the inter-regional freight from the west coast into Denver in time for the departing east driver. Ya know they just can't wait for the freight, it would disrupt the schedule. I see National LTL hauling the inter-regional freight with teams faster than we currently are running it with division relays. I also see FedEx Freight east and west hauling the regional freight that WML currently does but with faster service in our current one and two day lanes. Hopefully WML's trailers are up to it better than the P trailers I've seen.
Hopefully no one else will have the trailer axle fall off the trailer. Just lucky it happened in the yard and not on the road.

hillbilly frog said:
PINBALL welcome to trucking boards. Good to have you here and posting.
Thank's for the welcome... I was actually on when a fella name Gutterbum started the "Freighthauler" back in the day... been peeking in from time to time.
Also, as for the acquisition, there is a FAQ section on Fedexnational.fedex.com I found this question/reply on there: Will Watkins' operations be combined with FedEx Freight's operations?
No. Once the transaction closes, Watkins will operate as a separate network within the FedEx Freight, an operating unit of FedEx Corp. The operating networks will remain separate.

well im with watkins in clw and i shuttle to orl 2 times a night and im hoping that because of the fedx buy that it might create more linehaul runs for more miles. and i think the buy is a good thing and im looking foward to working for fedx. does this mean we,re part of the big purple? lmao

:hypnodisk:Yes freakdaddy you are purple man:hypnodisk:
I'm sure there will be more runs since you will be seeing more frt to move as it grows more.

hairbear said:
No, you didn't lie, but please don't make that dead horse into Lazarus.

You shudder everytime that subject comes up don't you?

You feel guilty don't you?

You can tell me

Jeff said:
You shudder everytime that subject comes up don't you?

You feel guilty don't you?

You can tell me
Shudder? Guilty? In a word no. How about FREAKIN' UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE?You just don't have a clue what our work rules are out here, do you?
I've been trying to tell you.
Do you have adult ADHD?:chairshot:

freakdaddy said:
well im with watkins in clw and i shuttle to orl 2 times a night and im hoping that because of the fedx buy that it might create more linehaul runs for more miles. and i think the buy is a good thing and im looking foward to working for fedx. does this mean we,re part of the big purple? lmao

Hey Freak, say Hi to Ryan down there for us up here. :smilie_132:

dockin for dollars

get ready boys and girls dock dock and more dock