Yellow | A question for the powers in Overland Park

If we give back that much money and YRCW still has problems then dammit there got to be some mis management OR SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON!
We have old, Worn out equiptment, Terminals at mutiple locations are too damn small, And we can't get good people to apply at the rates we are offering. Anyone else see a problem with this picture?
This is not the first time I have posted something like this. I'm still waiting on an answer from the last time.

I gave you an accurate answer the last time, and nothing has changed. They don't have (didn't have then either) enough revenue to pay their bills, upgrade or fix equipment, pay the contract rate, and stay in biz. The NMFA was the only willing thing that would accept less. The truck that breaks won't accept less. The fuel and electricity won't. So it was pay you less or close, and you took the deal.

When I worked at Yellow Indy, we had 77 city bids. Roadway Indy had 70. Combined, YRC posted 38. That's less loads being picked up, less shipments billed- less revenue. Less revenue= less money to pay you. That's only 25% of the revenue today that they had then. If you still get to drive, work days, get free health insurance and vacation, and only sacrifice 15%, you're killing them!!!

I gave you an accurate answer the last time, and nothing has changed. They don't have (didn't have then either) enough revenue to pay their bills, upgrade or fix equipment, pay the contract rate, and stay in biz. The NMFA was the only willing thing that would accept less. The truck that breaks won't accept less. The fuel and electricity won't. So it was pay you less or close, and you took the deal.

When I worked at Yellow Indy, we had 77 city bids. Roadway Indy had 70. Combined, YRC posted 38. That's less loads being picked up, less shipments billed- less revenue. Less revenue= less money to pay you. That's only 25% of the revenue today that they had then. If you still get to drive, work days, get free health insurance and vacation, and only sacrifice 15%, you're killing them!!!
But there has to be more too it. On top of everything you said there is rampent mismanagement of this Company on all levels. No accountibility at all, I see no attempt by most (Labor & management) to do the right thing as long as the numbers look good.
LTL is a business of narrow margins. To make it you have to account for every penny. And management in this company is pissing it out the window. It has nothing to do with Union pay scales or work rules. It **** poor management! Pure & Simple!

But there has to be more too it. On top of everything you said there is rampent mismanagement of this Company on all levels. No accountibility at all, I see no attempt by most (Labor & management) to do the right thing as long as the numbers look good.
LTL is a business of narrow margins. To make it you have to account for every penny. And management in this company is pissing it out the window. It has nothing to do with Union pay scales or work rules. It **** poor management! Pure & Simple!

Very true. If you buy a 500 dollar car you can expect to have troubles,if you hire supers and pay them substandard pay with no freight knowledge you get what you pay for.
Look at the turnover in management and drivers we never had that before.
There is old story about farmer that tried to bury his mule alive, every time the farmer would throw more dirt on top of the mule he would beller a little then shake off the dirt and stomp it down. Eventually the mule shook off enough dirt and stomped enough dirt down that he walked out of the hole.
Point being this is what we and the company have to do together.

That's nothing new. No conspiricy, no planning to screw you. Just normal union LTL. They needed the cuts because there is not enough money to pay for everything. Accept that or don't, I don't care. It's the Truth.

The 2 things I see daily LV, that in my opinion costs this company huge amounts of money,is poor management, and theft of time by labor,with no accountability for either one.
You saw through the darkness of it all.
Nail. Head. Who will hammer it? :17142:
Sometimes I sit for hours and waste time because of management. I'm not leaving early or giving them a cc. I will waste time to get my check.

So now they should only create more debt half as fast? :6799:

You saw through the darkness of it all.
Nail. Head. Who will hammer it? :17142:
Sometimes I sit for hours and waste time because of management. I'm not leaving early or giving them a cc. I will waste time to get my check.

Wow dude you got to be a liberal thinking like that. That's like the politicians wanting to blame the gun manufacture for somebody killing somebody and not have any personal responsibility involved. If we all had that mindset we could close the company in a matter of months

That's nothing new. No conspiricy, no planning to screw you. Just normal union LTL. They needed the cuts because there is not enough money to pay for everything. Accept that or don't, I don't care. It's the Truth.
But the problem is that nothing you mentioned in your post is different than any other LTL. Union or not. We got in this mess because of some morons vision of dominating the industy. It ruined how many good people? 2 billion in debt that put us between a rock and a hard place and now after 8 years we give back (Or whatever the hell you wish to call it) around 1.4 Billion and still YRCW has problems that require Mr. Lilly's dog & pony show? Come on. When is enough enough? Don't come to Us with your damn hand out until you fix the management problems!

Wow dude you got to be a liberal thinking like that. That's like the politicians wanting to blame the gun manufacture for somebody killing somebody and not have any personal responsibility involved. If we all had that mindset we could close the company in a matter of months
You must be a driver. :17142: or are you a dokman?
And you wouldn't believe how many have that mindset. Go to a break bulk and move 2 bills an hour.
Liberal?
I is what I is. Or whatever you think I am. It's a free country.
I never put myself in a category. I'm in all of them. :1sm057crazy:

I've seen it all in 30 years.
Still not taking a cc cause there is nothing to do.
Do you?

But the problem is that nothing you mentioned in your post is different than any other LTL. Union or not. We got in this mess because of some morons vision of dominating the industy. It ruined how many good people? 2 billion in debt that put us between a rock and a hard place and now after 8 years we give back (Or whatever the hell you wish to call it) around 1.4 Billion and still YRCW has problems that require Mr. Lilly's dog & pony show? Come on. When is enough enough? Don't come to Us with your damn hand out until you fix the management problems!
You nailed it in that debt is the problem. Which goes with what I posted. There is no magic solution, except put up with it and stay, or don't and leave. Too much debt, too much expense in old equipment, and too little revenue.

You nailed it in that debt is the problem. Which goes with what I posted. There is no magic solution, except put up with it and stay, or don't and leave. Too much debt, too much expense in old equipment, and too little revenue.
You stated earlier:That's only 25% of the revenue today that they had then.

Wasn't "then" when all the debt was created? So until the mismanagement problems are addressed more revenue will not help. Seems to me they waste money in lots of ways with no reguard. They also have overpaid executives with no results but want to take from the labor force on every turn. It's hard to run a trucking company when you hate truck drivers. Imho

And you wouldn't believe how many have that mindset. Go to a break bulk and move 2 bills an hour.
Liberal?

Do you?

"Nothing to do?"

What a concept.

I do not recall ever having "nothing to do..." :17142:

Liberal?

Do you?

Employee who cares about the survival of company, I try not to get hung up on job classification. I would prefer to be a part of solution instead of part of problem. And yes I will take a cc day if it meets my needs. I can always find work at home and can always find something to do at work. Just think if all of Us would take time to pick up 3 pieces of trash on floor or yard every day as we walk by it, we might start taking a little more pride in everything we do as a whole. You sound like you take care of "ME" and only me.

I don't cc. I do what's expected of me. No more.
You don't even know me. And you base it on nothing to do and CC's.
I took a jab.
You can take one too.
I know you can.
By the way. I do pick up my trash in my area. Lifts have no shocks.
Let me put it this way. If I had to get a reference from this place for another job I would get one.
"Nothing to do?"

What a concept.

I do not recall ever having "nothing to do..." :17142:
Wood.
Trust me. Eol's run outta stuff to do. No point having eight people unloading or loading the last one. Asking for an accident. I'm sure there is stuff to do. But the supers want it done at midnight and if it's 11 15 and the dock is clear. We're done.
On with the show. Let's not bicker. :17142:
:smilies 19296:
P. S.
When we first merged there was no freight to speak of. I took no cc. I would sit 4 plus hours a day. Try that. That's harder than actually working a full shift!

I don't cc. I do what's expected of me. No more.
You don't even know me. And you base it on nothing to do and CC's.
I took a jab.
You can take one too.
I know you can.
By the way. I do pick up my trash in my area. Lifts have no shocks.
Let me put it this way. If I had to get a reference from this place for another job I would get one.

Wood.
Trust me. Eol's run outta stuff to do. No point having eight people unloading or loading the last one. Asking for an accident. I'm sure there is stuff to do. But the supers want it done at midnight and if it's 11 15 and the dock is clear. We're done.
On with the show. Let's not bicker. :17142:
:smilies 19296:
P. S.
When we first merged there was no freight to speak of. I took no cc. I would sit 4 plus hours a day. Try that. That's harder than actually working a full shift!

I would not presume to know your work situation or that of any other's. I am not one to do 'nothing.' There are always light bulbs to change.

I would not presume to know your work situation or that of any other's. I am not one to do 'nothing.' There are always light bulbs to change.
I appreciate that.
I used to do what needs to be done. Without being told.
But when a situation arises after all these years. Well. Situations. I don't do a thing without a direct work order. Give em an ich they expect you to do it all while some sit in the breakroom or on a lift with a phone. I decided I'm done doing someone else's work.
I don't mind working. I am definitely not lazy. But you reach a point when they know and you know. That part of just doing it is done. Sorry. This may offend some. It's a whole new world when you are on the dock day in day out. For 30 years. You reach a point your not doing someone else's work. And that's what it really boils down to.
It only takes one or two to slack to create alot of work for us who don't mind doing it.
It's all easy.
It's Saturday. I have headlights to replace on my Cobra. It's a beautify day!
Adios! And have a good day.... Later.

Saturday and your enjoying your weekend off. I just pinched out on this and every Saturday. That's what 27 years gets you at YRC.

I appreciate that.
I used to do what needs to be done. Without being told.
But when a situation arises after all these years. Well. Situations. I don't do a thing without a direct work order. Give em an ich they expect you to do it all while some sit in the breakroom or on a lift with a phone. I decided I'm done doing someone else's work.
I don't mind working. I am definitely not lazy. But you reach a point when they know and you know. That part of just doing it is done. Sorry. This may offend some. It's a whole new world when you are on the dock day in day out. For 30 years. You reach a point your not doing someone else's work. And that's what it really boils down to.
It only takes one or two to slack to create alot of work for us who don't mind doing it.
It's all easy.
It's Saturday. I have headlights to replace on my Cobra. It's a beautify day!
Adios! And have a good day.... Later.

No bad days here, brother. I never run out of things to do when not in the clock, either. To some, it's a curse.:encouragement: