R&L | A survey of the employees

To start with those were examples. Do you even have any idea what the max mph the computer will take when you turn a log in? Have you ever ran out so far that you had to shave miles off to get it into the computer? This company was built on running hard and fast,we outran the competition;now they outrun us. I do realize that there are people on here that live in states with split speed limits,you may not be aware of how the rest of us have been running. As far as getting back and getting pats on the back-the quicker you get back the quicker you will be on your way home. That's one of the main reasons I came to work here,to be home more. If you do not know of what I'm talking about please let the people who do respond. I do not feel like debating with people who for all I know sit in an office all day.
62 mph on logs any more you will get a wrightup at our barn general rul is first one in goes back out on city route more home time not here.

You must be in Dothan,kind of a fill in terminal. It fills in the areas between Tall.,Atl.,and Mont. Smoke and Monkey Town drivers usally go home after their run.

If any of you really think R-L cares about you, you are insane. Business is business, and last time i looked r-l was a business. You all better hold on to your azzes cause a storm is brewing and its called hurricane paramount! Seek shelter! Expected to hit soon after Jan.1, 2009! Alot of people who thought they were un-touchable will be touched.

62 mph on logs any more you will get a wrightup at our barn general rul is first one in goes back out on city route more home time not here.

Do they let you keep your truck, or do they make you change tractors when they shanghai you for that city work?

That's why they had such a hard time getting me to do it.

If any of you really think R-L cares about you, you are insane. Business is business, and last time i looked r-l was a business. You all better hold on to your azzes cause a storm is brewing and its called hurricane paramount! Seek shelter! Expected to hit soon after Jan.1, 2009! Alot of people who thought they were un-touchable will be touched.

Your first post huh? Way to make a good first impression...

at some point in time, r&l will wake up and figure out the hold ups arent truck speed, but hold ups before you leave the yard.waiting on the dock to finish,having to go back to take freight off a overweight trl,which is really good when you have break down your pups again, something wrong with the unit that should have been repaired and wasn't.then its balls to the wall at 65 trying to make up for their mistakes.and at 65 you dont make up much time.now you are late, your switch driver is *****ing.you hurry and switch, get back to the yard and the tm is *****ing because you are late.oh, by the way you did not get any extra pay for hooking the pups twice, and waiting. drove for other freight lines for years before r&l, did not have this stress. and they wonder why there are so many accidents. dont stop to pee, dont stop for coffee, no nap,no time,hurry,hurry,hurry. i am a team driver and we go thru the same thing you linehaul guys do. we used to not have to wait a lot, but now we sure do.the whole company concept is go,go,go. which would be ok if every part worked as it should. dont get me wrong,i still like working for the company, but been here long enough to know how to work it out witin the framework of how they want things to go.just wish there was less pressure .other drivers are right,for you newer guys hopefully someone told you to put back a little for jan. andfeb. because it does slo down quite a bit.just have to tough it out if you can.not easy some years.

Running at 72mph always gave us time to make up for the screw ups,back ups,and time to stop for coffee or a break. Doctors will tell you to get out and walk around the truck at least once an hour,for your health. There are alot of health issues that come with prolonged sitting in one position. If they would turn the trucks back up alot of those issues would be resolved. Right now we are working more hours and it is starting to take a toll on some people. Adding 5 to 7 hours a week is like having a part time job on the side somewhere else. After awhile all the extra hours will catch up to you.

at some point in time, r&l will wake up and figure out the hold ups arent truck speed, but hold ups before you leave the yard.waiting on the dock to finish,having to go back to take freight off a overweight trl,which is really good when you have break down your pups again, something wrong with the unit that should have been repaired and wasn't.then its balls to the wall at 65 trying to make up for their mistakes.and at 65 you dont make up much time.now you are late, your switch driver is *****ing.you hurry and switch, get back to the yard and the tm is *****ing because you are late.oh, by the way you did not get any extra pay for hooking the pups twice, and waiting. drove for other freight lines for years before r&l, did not have this stress. and they wonder why there are so many accidents. dont stop to pee, dont stop for coffee, no nap,no time,hurry,hurry,hurry. i am a team driver and we go thru the same thing you linehaul guys do. we used to not have to wait a lot, but now we sure do.the whole company concept is go,go,go. which would be ok if every part worked as it should. dont get me wrong,i still like working for the company, but been here long enough to know how to work it out witin the framework of how they want things to go.just wish there was less pressure .other drivers are right,for you newer guys hopefully someone told you to put back a little for jan. andfeb. because it does slo down quite a bit.just have to tough it out if you can.not easy some years.
I just don't get why you guys feel so pressured????????? They can turn the trucks down to 55mph for all i care, i'll still be stopping for a potty break or get something to eat or drink. I could see if guys are napping along the road for hours but to stop for a coffee or a burger whats the problem. I bet your TM,dispatcher and everyone in WIL takes a break sometime during their shift:popcorn:.

Running at 72mph always gave us time to make up for the screw ups,back ups,and time to stop for coffee or a break. Doctors will tell you to get out and walk around the truck at least once an hour,for your health. There are alot of health issues that come with prolonged sitting in one position. If they would turn the trucks back up alot of those issues would be resolved. Right now we are working more hours and it is starting to take a toll on some people. Adding 5 to 7 hours a week is like having a part time job on the side somewhere else. After awhile all the extra hours will catch up to you.
Give up driver, face reality we will never see 72mph again.

As an R&L employee,how do you feel about the way the company has been run recently? We all know the economy is in a lull,but we are still doing pretty good as far as the amount of freight being moved. The problem I see is that somebody in Willmington is out of touch with the REAL day to day operations of the company. The dispatchers,drivers and dock workers see it,but we are only the little people who actually do the work. Frieght time is so far behind what it use to be that I'm surprised we still have customers. It is only a matter of time before all the non and slow deliveries catch up to us. There was a time where other companies saw our sucess and wanted to be like us,those days are over. With slower trucks and outside companies hauling our freight how can anyone depend on us like they use to? The counter arguement is that we they are saving the company money-do you find that to be true? A personal survey has shown to me that very few trucks are saving fuel by being turned down. Most seem to be using about the same and some even use MORE fuel. It all depends on the make and size of the engine and where the truck is driven. Because the trucks can't get back on time now they are paying dock workers more to work longer hours to wait on the freight to get in,also city drivers are working longer hours because they can't get around like they use to. Any savings there is on fuel is eaten up by the hourly wages paid to on the clock employees. People in local management know all this,but their hands are tied as to what they can do. I know this posting is for R&L employees,but if you are reading this Larry Sr. please step in and take your company back over--WE NEED YOU!

I would just like to commend all the R&L drivers for supporting and funding the R&L New Orleans Bowl game last night. IT MADE ME SICK to see fellow drivers funding something like this. R&L is laying off drivers right here at Christmas time and YOUR management decides to fund something like this. WAY TO GO R&L, keep your drivers at home to watch this NO NAME bowl game while they try to feed their families.:chairshot:

They have already turned some of our trucks back up,the drivers were taking more than 11 hours to run their run. So far the only trucks to be turned up are the Florida bound trucks,but there IS hope for the rest of us.

I would just like to commend all the R&L drivers for supporting and funding the R&L New Orleans Bowl game last night. IT MADE ME SICK to see fellow drivers funding something like this. R&L is laying off drivers right here at Christmas time and YOUR management decides to fund something like this. WAY TO GO R&L, keep your drivers at home to watch this NO NAME bowl game while they try to feed their families.:chairshot:

Well thank you very much, and for your info, the company signed a multi-year deal to sponsor this event right after Katrina tore thru. While most companies were getting out of New Orleans as fast as they could, we stepped in. Wyndham was the sponsor of the game, but they bailed after the storm came thru.
Of course, I suppose the other things this company did for New Orleans were ridiculous in your world also huh? I mean after all, if something doesn't benefit you directly, it isn't worth doing is it?

Merry Christmas.........................

If you had a clue at all about how advertising worked, then you would have never made this comment!! You have to spend money to make money! What would you suggest to help advertise? For many customers, they actually like the idea of the company they use sponsoring a race car and football games. I personally do not follow college football, but I did record this game so I could watch it! Unless you are doing something positive for your company (no matter who you work for) then find yourself a new job where you are wanted. If you are always negative, you are not wanted here!:chairshot::tongue0002: