ABF | A very good read, ABF vs Teamsters : Declaration of Teamsters lawyer

You hijacked the tread Stoney.You posted your friends or your side business statement for the world to see. you stated that the equipment is in poor condination compare to shiny wheels. Now your mad at us for calling you on your sh$t.

Sitting on the sidelines I'm just wondering why Stoney would call ABF equipment junk. Our equipment is good and well maintained. The only breakdowns I've had is overheating and tire blowouts. We have a fine fleet for being slip-seat equipment.

You hijacked the tread Stoney.You posted your friends or your side business statement for the world to see. you stated that the equipment is in poor condination compare to shiny wheels. Now your mad at us for calling you on your sh$t.

Hi hijacked nothing. I was responding to an ignorant post about FedEx, that was all. I just pointed the difference, and reality of it. I'm not mad at any one, just dumbfounded by the silly rhetoric I'm getting from you guys. And posted the P&L reports to prove my points.

Sitting on the sidelines I'm just wondering why Stoney would call ABF equipment junk. Our equipment is good and well maintained. The only breakdowns I've had is overheating and tire blowouts. We have a fine fleet for being slip-seat equipment.

Ya, the equipment is running. I can still have my opinion can't I? ABF equipment compared to my friends small fleet is in my OPINION junk. I had a truck the other day, every time I got on the brakes, the front it end would shake terribly. I had another truck with screwed up doors. The damn doors wouldn't evens shut all the way. Mechanically speaking though our trucks are pretty sound. They the job done. The insides are crap because of a lack of respect from other line haul drivers. 12 volt outlets are always being stolen by other drivers. Seats are fudged up. And can go on.

But these are not things that drive me away from a company. Just some little gripes that I have about the company. Your telling me you guys don't have any complaints? but the engine brake deal is a big deal to me. I drive out here in the west with all the mountains. You easterners or city guys wouldn't understand the stress us line haul guys have when we go down a 6 or 7% hill nearly maxed out on weight with no engine brake. Its not a good feeling to see all that smoke come of your trailers and that brake pedal getting softer and softer.

Like I said ABF didn't pay extra for the engine brakes. They just came with the trucks. now we're going back to an all Mack fleet, and they have no engine brakes. Now I like the Mack, I feel its built better than a Sterling, they ride better, their quieter, and I can get comfortable in a Mack.

This guy didn't stick 100K in his pocket because now he has to pay self employment tax on the 100K, and both halves of the fica tax! Better stick with ABF and I also think your anti-union avatar sux!

This guy didn't stick 100K in his pocket because now he has to pay self employment tax on the 100K, and both halves of the fica tax! Better stick with ABF and I also think your anti-union avatar sux!

Better read that report again pal. He paid $9,951.25 in FICA. And when unions stop backing liberal/progressives job killing policies, then I'll support unions again. But I don't see that happening soon if ever.

Ya, the equipment is running. I can still have my opinion can't I? ABF equipment compared to my friends small fleet is in my OPINION junk. I had a truck the other day, every time I got on the brakes, the front it end would shake terribly. I had another truck with screwed up doors. The damn doors wouldn't evens shut all the way. Mechanically speaking though our trucks are pretty sound. They the job done. The insides are crap because of a lack of respect from other line haul drivers. 12 volt outlets are always being stolen by other drivers. Seats are fudged up. And can go on.

But these are not things that drive me away from a company. Just some little gripes that I have about the company. Your telling me you guys don't have any complaints? but the engine brake deal is a big deal to me. I drive out here in the west with all the mountains. You easterners or city guys wouldn't understand the stress us line haul guys have when we go down a 6 or 7% hill nearly maxed out on weight with no engine brake. Its not a good feeling to see all that smoke come of your trailers and that brake pedal getting softer and softer.

Like I said ABF didn't pay extra for the engine brakes. They just came with the trucks. now we're going back to an all Mack fleet, and they have no engine brakes. Now I like the Mack, I feel its built better than a Sterling, they ride better, their quieter, and I can get comfortable in a Mack.

Sure, you can have your opinion. I think this post is much more of an insight into what you meant when you said that we have junk. I think the older generation just uses the word junk more liberally than the younger people.

Yes ,you can have your opinion. You keep comparing your friends small fleet to the thousands of pieces of equipment and thousands of slipseat drivers at our company. there is no comparison. In the area you run, you should have engine brakes. I will keep an eye out in the Dayton Oh. tractors coming into our terminal ( the new Macks) to see if they have the engine brakes. We break the sets for those guys. I have not seen too much in the form of real junk ( we are both from the Big R so we know what junk is ) coming in from Carlisle Pa. Maybe it is just in your area that the equipment is more worn out. With all the mountains you run ,it can take a toll on the equipment ,and with people who don't care, could make the equipment even worse!!!

I have nothing against fedex nor really know much about them but I had a fedex ground shipment delivered today,the guys van had a serious mis(he said it was typical)?, bald tires all the way around,duct tape and cardboard for a bulkhead and took five min. to find my two boxes, however he seemed like a nice guy.

To add to that, a buddy of mine drove for a contractor and he said that the fedex ground converter gears were very troublesome. He was glad to get recalled to ABF.

To add to that, a buddy of mine drove for a contractor and he said that the fedex ground converter gears were very troublesome. He was glad to get recalled to ABF.

That's fine. But my point is not to show how bad ABF is and how great FedEx is. Just trying to show FedEx isn't as bad as most like to beleive.