A word about Over The Road Trucking

I know that MBM here in Ohio is rollers, they only use a two wheeler and ramp if it's like 100 cases or under. When I see them at Red Lobster they have the rollers set up and they pick the cases up put them on the roller and slid them down it looks like a pretty good system once the cases make it down to the bottom of the ramp the restaurant employees put them away. US Foods here in Cleveland is a lot of lift gates. Sysco and GFS are pretty much ramps and two wheelers. That was one of the reasons I thought MBM might be okay, because MBM uses the rollers and not two wheelers they seem to make pretty good money too.

Really the grocery store fleets do not seem bad, I've been in the back room of the grocery stores to see how they do it, and pretty much the driver and store stock room person, get a couple pallet jacks and pull everything right off and then the driver drives away, or depending on what is going on at that store, the driver drops a trailer and then picks up the empty trailer and goes and drives away back to the warehouse.

Your right though most of our grocery stores in Cleveland are open 24 hours and the warehouse pretty much goes non stop, day time night time any time the grocery store warehouse is always busy.

I know FedEx Ground can be hit or miss, McLane and a company called Eby Brown from Michigan do a lot of our gas stations around here Eby Brown is the big one they go to most of the gas stations. Sheets and Get Go are the only ones I can think of that have a private delivery fleet.

I know that MBM here in Ohio is rollers, they only use a two wheeler and ramp if it's like 100 cases or under. When I see them at Red Lobster they have the rollers set up and they pick the cases up put them on the roller and slid them down it looks like a pretty good system once the cases make it down to the bottom of the ramp the restaurant employees put them away. US Foods here in Cleveland is a lot of lift gates. Sysco and GFS are pretty much ramps and two wheelers. That was one of the reasons I thought MBM might be okay, because MBM uses the rollers and not two wheelers they seem to make pretty good money too.

Really the grocery store fleets do not seem bad, I've been in the back room of the grocery stores to see how they do it, and pretty much the driver and store stock room person, get a couple pallet jacks and pull everything right off and then the driver drives away, or depending on what is going on at that store, the driver drops a trailer and then picks up the empty trailer and goes and drives away back to the warehouse.

Your right though most of our grocery stores in Cleveland are open 24 hours and the warehouse pretty much goes non stop, day time night time any time the grocery store warehouse is always busy.

I know FedEx Ground can be hit or miss, McLane and a company called Eby Brown from Michigan do a lot of our gas stations around here Eby Brown is the big one they go to most of the gas stations. Sheets and Get Go are the only ones I can think of that have a private delivery fleet.

Sheetz DC is in Claysburg, PA. If they ever built a DC close to Pittsburgh, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Getgo's DC is in Freedom(Cranberry), PA. The transportation side is done by AIM Integrated Logistics based in Girard, OH(near Youngstown). When I was with AIM, I was trying to get onto the Getgo account(which was just starting) but had an %#$ of a supervisor that wouldn't let me transfer. Notice that I am not with AIM anymore, LOL. Been gone since 7/12.

Not all produce companies are dock. Alot unload by hand. And if you lift safely and watch what you do, you can go many years without any injuries or hurting your body and who says that once you get on with a foodservice company that you have to stay delivering. You can move up to a router or even a supervisor position.

We have 2 produce companies here that are all dock. Nice and easy. If a new grocery company moved here I would probably look into them myself. If I could get hired on right away and have some decent seniority. I tried getting kwik trip to shuttle me a trailer but they won't. Damn that would've been sweet

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You know what, I see AIM trucks pulling Getgo pup trailers to the Getgo stations here in Cleveland. Giant Eagle has really bought a lot of land all over the place built a lot of new Getgo stations as well as tore down some older Rini Rego's Stop n Shop locations and built Getgo's.