AAACooper tractor gets log through windshield

Rattlesnake

TB Lurker
Credits
Date:12/12/2007
ABBEVILLE: (04:30 AM) Abbeville Police, Abbeville Rescue and Henry County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a semi accident on Hwy. 431 North of Abbeville High School this morning.
A northbound AAA Cooper Truck was struck by a log while driving. The log came through the windshield and into the headrest of the passenger seat and through the back of the cab. The driver, pulling double trailers, went into the median and into the southbound lanes of traffic.
The AAA Cooper driver sustained broken bone injuries but not beleived to be life threatening. He was transported to a Dothan Hospital by Abbeville Rescue.
The log truck did not stop.
Abbeville Police are investigating the accident. Henry County Sheriff Deputies and a off duty Abbeville Communications Officer assisted with traffic control.

When we truckers think we have seen it all,now heres a totally freak accident.
In my opinion this was also a miracle that this log didn't hit the windshield directly in front of the driver.
The difference of just a few feet between life,and death.

Stay focused,and be safe out here drivers we never know when we may be taking our last run.

Thank God this AAA Cooper driver is only going to have this close call to talk about,instead of seeing his name in the death notice of his local news paper.

When we truckers think we have seen it all,now heres a totally freak accident.
In my opinion this was also a miracle that this log didn't hit the windshield directly in front of the driver.
The difference of just a few feet between life,and death.

Stay focused,and be safe out here drivers we never know when we may be taking our last run.

Thank God this AAA Cooper driver is only going to have this close call to talk about,instead of seeing his name in the death notice of his local news paper.

Apo... Thank God is right but if that log had hit him, I don't think he would be seeing his name in the death notices :hysterical:

Glad that driver is OK except for the minor injuries

Come on Jeff you gotta give me more credit than that he'd be seeing his name in the paper.
You know I ment we would be seeing seeing his name,not him.
Oh my,my you must really be sleepy.
Pleasent dreams my firend,and always remember to keep your eyes open for flying objects when you are driving them there big rigs.

When I had my head-on in 1999(Met a west bound car hauler on a street in Orlando that lost a car that totaled my CF tractor)I felt that the Lord took a liking to me that day!