ABF | ABF Closing 30 Terminals

The company said this was not contract they wanted. The company proposed, the IBT countered and the company took what it could which is this contract. Overall a savings of 30 million a year. You could refer to their initial proposal if you wanted to see it again (probably on TBs somewhere.) I bring this up because many are saying that the company would leave the network intact if this contract was passed. Not the case, Arkbest is looking to make up the difference between the savings of the contract, closing terminals, and acquiring other companies. Judy said major announcements will be made in 2014.

Your right this is not the contract ABC/ABF wanted!!! What the IBT did was give them a gift...They gave them so much more at our expense, knowing that it wasn't going to cost the IBT a dime... In fact the IBT is going to profit very well... This is by far the worst contract for freight teamsters I have seen in the last 35 years!!!

THEY WERE GONG TO CLOSE THE TERMINALS ANYWAY!!!

WHATS SO SAD IS THE WAY THEY DID IT... THEY USED FEAR, INTIMADATION AND THREATS, AND THE MEMBERS FELL FOR IT!!!

Well yes voters, I hope you get what you asked for and deserve!!!

I believe those yes voters saved our jobs. The threat was as real as it gets and the IBT knew it. You still get to buy your grandchildren gifts next year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I believe those yes voters saved our jobs. The threat was as real as it gets and the IBT knew it. You still get to buy your grandchildren gifts next year.

Spoken like a true management!!! Our jobs were never in jeopardy... They were making money, and the only reason the IBT went along with it was for their personal gain... Now try again!!! ABF teamster members were the only losers in the contract!!!

The yes voters voted from fear and being misguided and mislead...

Tell me why did ABF give all that stock to upper management if we were losing so much money as they claim? Answer They were not losing money!!!

This is the cash cow..... You seem to have a lot of time on you hands, try answering the phone....

We need a 'dislike' button sitting right aside of the 'like' button.

Thx Term 284 Federalsburgh,MD That is an easy 2 to 3 hr hall from Baltimore or even 2hr minimum from Chester Pa terminal to cover that area!
They may interline some of those areas if they're not profitable.

They may interline some of those areas if they're not profitable.

Good luck in this day and age to find a reliable interline carrier? Triaglia Transfer was king in that area and went caput a long time ago. I see running a certain area if not heavy every other day to justify it? ABF in Vincentown does that on the shore freight for LBI and surrounding area.

How many of these closed terminals will have some or all of the freight for their territory handled by carting agents ?? at the loss of Teamster jobs ???

I was also under the impression by the abf propaganda during the pre vote on the contract that this would only be implemented if the contract didn't pass

Funny. Classic YRC move.
Hold a mirror to this post, as the "new" proposal is starting to smell.
Be assured, a new cry of "poverty" will return down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny. Classic YRC move.
Hold a mirror to this post, as the "new" proposal is starting to smell.
Be assured, a new cry of "poverty" will return down the road.
I really don't like having a 5 year contract, particularly when it sucks like this one does. However, last go 'round we the workers benefited from that 5 year deal and it is possible that we could benefit one more time.