ABF | ABF Closing 30 Terminals

Wouldn't have mattered anyway. I doubt a single yes voter has changed their mind.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I think you are gravely mistaken. I'd even go so far as the bet that a revote would yield a 'no' on the contract. What amazes me is the people that say, "I didn't know that was in there". Some of them are very intelligent (or so I thought).

I think you are gravely mistaken. I'd even go so far as the bet that a revote would yield a 'no' on the contract. What amazes me is the people that say, "I didn't know that was in there". Some of them are very intelligent (or so I thought).

The company is going to do what it wants to do, especially with our union leadership in place now. At the very least, the membership should have pushed back during this last contract. We still have final approval on some things and we should have exercised that right. But we didn't and now we are paying for it. As a union, we stand together and move forward, or as in this case, we stand divided and fall behind. ABF is going for broke on the back of this contract, enjoy the ride.

Ya think? We're not set up to cover large territories with these short trailers so I don't see too many closures that would require longer routes.

some city drivers at 042 have been doing 300+ miles a day since they closed Milton PA and York PA terminals over 10 years ago. fyi

some city drivers at 042 have been doing 300+ miles a day since they closed Milton PA and York PA terminals over 10 years ago. fyi
What length trailers are they using? Milton out of 042 is one hell of a haul. And I forgot that you have 3day 13 hr 20minute bids in your supplement.

What length trailers are they using? Milton out of 042 is one hell of a haul. And I forgot that you have 3day 13 hr 20minute bids in your supplement.

they don't use those bids anymore. they have 4 10s and those guys go up to Milton. sometimes with sets. abf still has the Milton terminal and they stage mtys there and dollies. we are going way farther than Milton, up to Williamsport, jersey shore, etc...we will take a van up to weis markets up there but usually pups up north. needless to say theres lots of OT for the guys that go up north

I would think employee's aren't taken there breaks or lunch on the long runs so they an get back in time to protect their bid.

wording in the supplement lets the company tell you to start later if you don't get back in time to start your bid. don't worry, everybody takes their break on the pda or you get a talking to from the OM.

The company is going to do what it wants to do, especially with our union leadership in place now. At the very least, the membership should have pushed back during this last contract. We still have final approval on some things and we should have exercised that right. But we didn't and now we are paying for it. As a union, we stand together and move forward, or as in this case, we stand divided and fall behind. ABF is going for broke on the back of this contract, enjoy the ride.

The company said this was not contract they wanted. The company proposed, the IBT countered and the company took what it could which is this contract. Overall a savings of 30 million a year. You could refer to their initial proposal if you wanted to see it again (probably on TBs somewhere.) I bring this up because many are saying that the company would leave the network intact if this contract was passed. Not the case, Arkbest is looking to make up the difference between the savings of the contract, closing terminals, and acquiring other companies. Judy said major announcements will be made in 2014.

For some reason geographical proximity to the terminal is no always the determining factor for which one serves a location. That can probably be found at a lot of terminals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they have, but running that far is not cost effective....
Actually we might not be seeing the big picture. If 042 runs it direct it doesn't have to come to us at 184 where we have to break it and send it back out. Saves handling two times plus the miles to us then back to the delivery area.

When you seid YOU wont be around did you mean we wont be around? Id really like to know. This is not my first stop but I hoped it would be my last.

Driver,
sad to say you wont be around in 41/2yrs.its only just begun !
A teamster forever

WHHHaaaat ? What do you know.......other than the obvious. Are you in the janitorial dept. at the fort and found something in the trash that did not go thru the shredder? Have you been talking to stoney and trolling 62 ?