ABF | ABF Employees Reject Strike In Regional Vote!

I told you they wouldn't strike Rolly, but they did get you 7 more months under the old agreement....They will have cameras installed under the bosses desk to keep an eye on you....do the job well now! :hide:

I told you they wouldn't strike Rolly, but they did get you 7 more months under the old agreement....They will have cameras installed under the bosses desk to keep an eye on you....do the job well now! :hide:

You were right. I appreciate the extra 7 months. No teeth got it...

...Teamsters officials will now “poll the ABF Master Negotiating Committee within the next 24 hours to determine whether to accept ABF’s final offer on the last remaining open supplement.”

Does this mean that the committee can accept the offer without another vote?

...Teamsters officials will now “poll the ABF Master Negotiating Committee within the next 24 hours to determine whether to accept ABF’s final offer on the last remaining open supplement.”

Bingo!.....

That is what it means. I don’t think there is any doubt how they will vote. Welcome to the new contract and I would like to “thank the central region for the additional four months” under the old contract. Thank you for sticking your neck out and getting us all additional wages and more time to get prepared for the upcoming cuts and losses. Thank you!!!!!

They probably already have videos of him on You Tube..

Now that the contract is a done deal (99%) does anyone think this will actually make ABF a leader in the LTL industry? Based on managements past performance, is cost cutting going to give ABF a competitive advantage to increase their market share? Or, to put it another way; are the managers at ABF capable of taking the opportunity they have been given and doing something advantageous with it?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I don't believe there is any mystery as to what the negotiating commitee will do.

Now that the contract is a done deal (99%) does anyone think this will actually make ABF a leader in the LTL industry? Based on managements past performance, is cost cutting going to give ABF a competitive advantage to increase their market share? Or, to put it another way; are the managers at ABF capable of taking the opportunity they have been given and doing something advantageous with it?

This management team and company philosophy are not any different than it was 10 years ago when they consistently had low 90's operating ratios. The difference is our competion and how the lack of higher cost union labor has disappeared and therefore made profit more difficult.

This contract will bring roughly 25-50 million more in profit annually. That isn't a lot considering its a 2 billion dollar revenue company. Old D and Fed Ex make much higher levels of profit. Lastly, seems like eventually (not necessarily under the current congress) the multi employer pension laws will be changed. My best guess but at best this is a shot in the dark, the company will save an additional 20 to 40 million in their annual pension contributions that are north of 120 million currently. This will not make them the leader say in the image of Old D but it will make them an absolutely relevant and profitable company within the Ltl industry.

This management team and company philosophy are not any different than it was 10 years ago when they consistently had low 90's operating ratios. The difference is our competion and how the lack of higher cost union labor has disappeared and therefore made profit more difficult.

This contract will bring roughly 25-50 million more in profit annually. That isn't a lot considering its a 2 billion dollar revenue company. Old D and Fed Ex make much higher levels of profit. Lastly, seems like eventually (not necessarily under the current congress) the multi employer pension laws will be changed. My best guess but at best this is a shot in the dark, the company will save an additional 20 to 40 million in their annual pension contributions that are north of 120 million currently. This will not make them the leader say in the image of Old D but it will make them an absolutely relevant and profitable company within the Ltl industry.

Well said, brother nothemleenough. ODFL, FEDEX, TRIPLE A, SAIA, ESTES ALL OF THOSE OUTFITS. DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EMPLOEES PENSIONS, OR THEIR FULL MEDICAL, SO THEREFORE THEIR OVERHEAD IS NOT SUCH A HEAVY BURDEN AS ABF'S. THATS WHY ODFL'S O.R IS IN THE MID 80'S AND ALL THE OTHERS ARE IN THE LOW 90'S. NOW IF THOSE OUTFITS HAD ALL THE OBLIGATIONS LIKE ABF DOES, THEY WOULD EVEN BLINK OR EVEN ASK THE EMPLOYEES, THEY WOULD GIVE YTHEM A LETTER FROM THE 7FIGURE CEO, THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT ECONOMY N BLAH BLAH BLAH, WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO TAKE 10% OF YOUR PAY TO OFFSET OUR PROFIT MARGIN. I do belive abf will soon be back in the green very soon, with the concessions your sales team will be able to compete with the other players in the market. And once you guys get your foot in the door with alot more customers it will be alot easier for you guys to keep them. Bcuz abf doesnt have a dock full of college kids and useless people (who never drove a forklift before). Thats the differnce between non union and union outfits, union outfits have for the most part dockhands that work their as a career, and not just another job for the summer, or a part time gig for $10 an hr. Well those were my 2 cents on the matter.

Now that is one thing thats makes my mind spin in circles, upsf is one of those outfits that has 10.50 an hr part time dockhands. Some r college kids but most never drove a lift b4, the only non cdl dockworkers that make driver top out pay are the ones that were full time dock worker before ups came in. But if a part timer stays for a couple of years im pretty sure they make around $19 an hour.

What I cant grasp is. With such a important vote to basically decide your future how come 23% didn't even bother to cast a ballot. 77% voter turnout for a strike vote that my Teamster friends is pathetic.

What I cant grasp is. With such a important vote to basically decide your future how come 23% didn't even bother to cast a ballot. 77% voter turnout for a strike vote that my Teamster friends is pathetic.

I don't remember more than a third of the ballots being returned for counting on any NMFC. Usually about 25% of the members vote. It is sad when all a member has to do mark a ballot & put it in the mail & most won't do that.
I am glad the uncertainty is over & hopefully the company can recover some of the accounts that have been lost.

People didn't send in ballots or didn't get them! at this point people are tired of all this and figure its just a matter of time!!! ALSO,,, It is sort of sickening to vote on a contract that depends so heavily on your money for the survival of the company!! Goes to show, desperate people do desperate things... If ABF needs your 7% and 1 week vacation pay to survive,, when does this madness end? What a way to live your life,, its like paying child support...