ABF | ABF files for expansion

bullfrog75

TB Lurker
Credits
ABF Frt. System has filed for a $ 5.5 million building permit for a new 40,605 sq. ft. truck maintenance building, and also filed for a 4.5 million building permit for an addition in the S. Memphis area. Must be what the 7% is going to help pay for!!

Isn't this a good thing? Don't we want the company growing if we're going to give some concessions?

Last edited by a moderator:
don't you mean you are a supervisor for some angry men!

Yawn.

Look, use your head. If we're going to give up 7% and a weeks vacation, then don't we at the very least want ABF reinvesting it back into the company so they can grow, and get profitable?
That's how we're going to get our money and vacations back.

Hello! Do you ever think this stuff out?

ABF Frt. System has filed for a $ 5.5 million building permit for a new 40,605 sq. ft. truck maintenance building, and also filed for a 4.5 million building permit for an addition in the S. Memphis area. Must be what the 7% is going to help pay for!!

Where is the link for this? Will this be at the existing terminal? I don't think there is enough room at the terminal for expansion. This may take away from the Little Rock terminal/shop if it happens.

I had a driver tell me they were moving part of the road board out of Little Rock to Memphis because they sold part of the property in Little Rock. Don't know if anyone else has heard that or not.

DCM Doc it was in the Memphis Buisness Journal on Friday May17th. Found the article but don't no how to post them.

Yawn.

Look, use your head. If we're going to give up 7% and a weeks vacation, then don't we at the very least want ABF reinvesting it back into the company so they can grow, and get profitable?
That's how we're going to get our money and vacations back.

Hello! Do you ever think this stuff out?

I think the point is we dont want to give back the 7%. The rub is they have already applied for the permit, so it appears they arent hurting too bad. If the 7% happens, then sure I want them reinvesting. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

I think the point is we dont want to give back the 7%. The rub is they have already applied for the permit, so it appears they arent hurting too bad. If the 7% happens, then sure I want them reinvesting. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

If that's his point(which I doubt), its still stupid. ABF still has to conduct business as they see fit.
It be one thing to give a 7% cut, and see no reinvestment by ABF.
But if this is true, then its good. It shows ABF is truly trying to turn the company around.

we actually agree Stoney. At least on what should happen if it passes. I dont begrudge ABF one bit for conducting business as they see fit, it is the nature of the beast and I wouldn't expect anything less. That being said, noone should begrudge me or my teamster brothers for conducting our families business as we see fit. By voting NO.

we actually agree Stoney. At least on what should happen if it passes. I dont begrudge ABF one bit for conducting business as they see fit, it is the nature of the beast and I wouldn't expect anything less. That being said, noone should begrudge me or my teamster brothers for conducting our families business as we see fit. By voting NO.

I don't begrudge anyone one how they vote.

I completely agree. My question is why should my standard of living decline so much so that ABF can expand its infrastructure? Almost all companies finance this type of capital expenditure over a number of years, like buying a home. They get the depreciation and interest as tax write offs. In this case ABF wants the employees (us) to buy the assets for them. I say No. They should finance it or use existing revenue to pay for it. Interest rates are very low at this time for a reason.

I completely agree. My question is why should my standard of living decline so much so that ABF can expand its infrastructure? Almost all companies finance this type of capital expenditure over a number of years, like buying a home. They get the depreciation and interest as tax write offs. In this case ABF wants the employees (us) to buy the assets for them. I say No. They should finance it or use existing revenue to pay for it. Interest rates are very low at this time for a reason.
I did not read the article so if I am wrong I will apologize now. But who says they are not financing it? May be that they have applied for permits and not broken ground yet, maybe they bare updating obsolete facilities. alloy of unanswered questions

Word is Little Rock was leased. The lease was not renewed. they got the property next to memphis term to build a new one. 004 road will relocate to009 now your up on the latest rumor