ABF | ABF files for expansion

I didnt say you did Stoney, but calling people who's veiws differ from yours "Morons" isn't exactly embracing or respecting their right of choice.

I called them morons because its clear they didn't think this out.

You ever watch Judge Judy? I'm sure you have. You know those cases where the ex paying his child support gets pissed because his ex is going on dates or buying a car, claiming his child support isn't going to hid kid(s)?
But as long as the kids are being fed, clothed properly, and overall care is being meant properly, she can do whatever she likes.
I see these guys complaining bout the same type of deal.
Whatever ABF does, these guys will be pissed, and say "That's our money!!!!!".

Both scenarios the complainers are wrong and being irrational.

Sure they thought it out, they feel that ABF is crying poor. Whether right or wrong....they feel that plans for million dollar plus expansion, indicates they are not as broke as they claim. I personally dont agree with that assumption. Although I can see the rationale. Lets be honest.........noone here knows ABF's finances for sure. NO ONE. So "morons" was unwarranted. Just because someone has a differing view doesn't make them wrong, irrational or morons. This is a very difficult and extremely personal choice for many. Vote your heart my brothers.

Sure they thought it out, they feel that ABF is crying poor. Whether right or wrong....they feel that plans for million dollar plus expansion, indicates they are not as broke as they claim. I personally dont agree with that assumption. Although I can see the rationale. Lets be honest.........noone here knows ABF's finances for sure. NO ONE. So "morons" was unwarranted. Just because someone has a differing view doesn't make them wrong, irrational or morons. This is a very difficult and extremely personal choice for many. Vote your heart my brothers.

Ok, but I stand by "morons" opinion.

Word is Little Rock was leased. The lease was not renewed. they got the property next to memphis term to build a new one. 004 road will relocate to009 now your up on the latest rumor

The NLR terminal was completed in 1980. The city among others, Memphis, OK City & others courted the company for the terminal because of the jobs & tax base. The city backed the bond & it was paid on schedule. There have been two dock expansions since then. The terminal is owned by the company & has been paid off for many years. I have been surprised the land (45+acres) has not been sold before now due to it's location, I-40 frontage. There is a very high traffic count on Springhill Drive & the place would be ideal for a mall & other retail stores. Years ago a business man proposed building a terminal on 80 acres outside of town & trading that for the property. The land is valuable & it has no sentimental value to the company. Business is business. Memphis is probably a better location for a break bulk than NLR. It is called the "Hub of the South" due to East-West & North- South highways & it is close to heavy population centers.

Cerebral Activity

Yawn.

Look, use your head. If we're going to give up 7% and a weeks vacation, then don't we at the very least want ABF reinvesting it back into the company so they can grow, and get profitable?
That's how we're going to get our money and vacations back.

Hello! Do you ever think this stuff out?

You've got some nerve expecting your employer to recapitalize their business. :duh: :rolleyes:

I called them morons because its clear they didn't think this out.

You ever watch Judge Judy? I'm sure you have. You know those cases where the ex paying his child support gets pissed because his ex is going on dates or buying a car, claiming his child support isn't going to hid kid(s)?
But as long as the kids are being fed, clothed properly, and overall care is being meant properly, she can do whatever she likes.
I see these guys complaining bout the same type of deal.
Whatever ABF does, these guys will be pissed, and say "That's our money!!!!!".

Both scenarios the complainers are wrong and being irrational.

Stoney, you've struck the fundamental issue. Once you accept the concessions it's NOT your money. ABF is trying to avoid the financial train wreck that the wizards at YRCW were determined to create.
Good luck everyone at ABF.

Yawn.

Look, use your head. If we're going to give up 7% and a weeks vacation, then don't we at the very least want ABF reinvesting it back into the company so they can grow, and get profitable?
That's how we're going to get our money and vacations back.

Hello! Do you ever think this stuff out?
Agreed that we want the company to grow & be profitable.....However if this contract goes thru no matter how successful ABF becomes YOU will NEVER get back the 7% or vacation back. History has proven that !!!!!

Agreed that we want the company to grow & be profitable.....However if this contract goes thru no matter how successful ABF becomes YOU will NEVER get back the 7% or vacation back. History has proven that !!!!!

We get it back in 5 years.

we do? I missed that part? I'll have to reread it. I know it says we'll be restored to what we are making today in 2018 but i didnt see the vacation restored & in 5 years this contract will expire & the next negotiation begins & the next round of giveback ASKING will begin as well

Do you think it will take 5 years? I think if we vote this in, within a year or two, they'll be back asking for more. The expected result of ABF taking concessions will be pretty much every non-Union carrier "adjusting" their compensation package.....to be "competitive" with ABF's new pay and benefit scale. And,....within a year or two, at the most,....ABF will tell us again: "AS COMPARED to other carriers, ABF is losing money." The non-Unions have the ability to do this at a moment's notice......frankly, if we vote this in , I think it will happen in 6 months.....right around freight-slowdown time, right after Christmas,.....when some guys are desperate for a call-back. Conversely,....if we DON'T vote this in,....send it back to the table,...keep sending it back until we get wage raises, and the vacations we deserve,....and NO increased surveillance.......what do you expect the non-Unions will do then? Cut wages to finally put the nail in ABF's coffin"? Risk an organizing wave by cutting wages when we're getting pay raises? Stand pat, and hold their breath , and see if ABF can finally terrorize their employees into some sort of concessions? I don't know,....let's all think this through. If you vote "Yes", do you think you've bought Labor peace, and they'll leave us alone for 5 years?.......Or , if we vote "No", do you think they'll close the doors before trying to re-negotiate a better contract? I don't see any top executives leaving the company, which was common at any of the other companies I worked for that went bankrupt. For that matter, I don't see any YRC top executives leaving, haven't for the last 4 years. Mr. Zollars had to be forced out last year,....if you look at the news articles, it wasn't a given he was going to leave. I think ABF is going to expand despite anything we do,....the only difference will be how fast, especially if we give them a "windfall".

ABF Frt. System has filed for a $ 5.5 million building permit for a new 40,605 sq. ft. truck maintenance building, and also filed for a 4.5 million building permit for an addition in the S. Memphis area. Must be what the 7% is going to help pay for!!
Your tax dollars at work.
Geez, I work with a bunch of morons.
Morons, zombies and drones, OH MY.

Stoney, you've struck the fundamental issue. Once you accept the concessions it's NOT your money. ABF is trying to avoid the financial train wreck that the wizards at YRCW were determined to create.
Good luck everyone at ABF.

Its nolonger my money? Really? Then why does our checks at a yrcw company show what we WOULD have made along side of what we DID make? Every week I am shown what was given back. Just another kick in the nutz by the company

I certainly am. If you have seen me call people morons, drones, zombies, calling their posts stupid etc. feel free to point it out to me.

Lol, suuuuuure! LOL!!!!! Got any other good ones?

So then uh, why do you refer to me as stonehead? Because you don't like my opinions.

Its nolonger my money? Really? Then why does our checks at a yrcw company show what we WOULD have made along side of what we DID make? Every week I am shown what was given back. Just another kick in the nutz by the company

Yes REALLY. The process that finds YRCW employees agreeing to work for 15% less was ratified by a majority. The payroll entries are for YOU, so you may ascertain that you were paid properly per the MOU.
I'm too lazy to research it now, but I believe it's required by the MOUs.

Lol, suuuuuure! LOL!!!!! Got any other good ones?

So then uh, why do you refer to me as stonehead? Because you don't like my opinions.
No, it is because you are a stonehead a hypocritical one at that. You call anyone who disagrees with you a moron, zombie, a drone and stupid post then you cry like a baby when you get called stonehead. You just don't get it, your skull's too thick and your ear openings are plugged.

No, it is because you are a stonehead a hypocritical one at that. You call anyone who disagrees with you a moron, zombie, a drone and stupid post then you cry like a baby when you get called stonehead. You just don't get it, your skull's too thick and your ear openings are plugged.

Suuuuuure! Lol! Spin it any way you like. Talk about hypothetical. You get on me for insulting by insulting me.

LMAO!