ABF | ABF going to new low

free2847

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm a retired ABF driver out of local 568 and I was I at my father-inlaws business this morning when a driver pulling new 53' trailer back in and unloaded 4 skids of ABF labeled freight I asked him where he got it from he spoke every bad English but said out Tyler,TX only about 30 miles from here ABF delivers here all the time but they are now give it away to these low life people who don't speak enghish I CAN NOT belive ABF would give our good freight to this type of drivers. The Tyler terminal is out of local 745 some of the men need to talk to FT. SMITH about the type people they are trying to save money on. They will lose business this way.

How do you know ABF gave that freight away? Maybe we never got it in the first place!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Probably because they can, now that this contract has been passed... Why would it have ABF stickers on it wasn't suppose to be shipped with ABF? I have seen ABF pick up freight, then it is given to panther to deliver. That's probable what happened and then outsourced it to this non-union company!!!

They can now do it per contract, so get ready the fun is just starting!!! This is what your yes vote has done,

HOPE IT DON'T HURT YOU TO MUCH TO STAY HOME, WHILE NON'S TAKE YOUR WORK!!!

The throat cutting has begun. I don't doubt it at all but would like to hear more detail on it.

Probably because they can, now that this contract has been passed... Why would it have ABF stickers on it wasn't suppose to be shipped with ABF? I have seen ABF pick up freight, then it is given to panther to deliver. That's probable what happened and then outsourced it to this non-union company!!!

They can now do it per contract, so get ready the fun is just starting!!! This is what your yes vote has done,

HOPE IT DON'T HURT YOU TO MUCH TO STAY HOME, WHILE NON'S TAKE YOUR WORK!!!

There are so many scenarios that could have played out here. Shipper re-routed the freight with a different carrier, delivered by a connecting-line carrier, problem with absenteeism at a nearby terminal. ABF drivers pass on overtime saying "let the cartage company take it, I did my 8 hours!"

There are so many scenarios that could have played out here. Shipper re-routed the freight with a different carrier, delivered by a connecting-line carrier, problem with absenteeism at a nearby terminal. ABF drivers pass on overtime saying "let the cartage company take it, I did my 8 hours!"
Not buying it.

Your claim of problem with absenteeism or driver saying, "I did my 8", and going home tells me you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

You mean we can leave on 8? Damn I wish I knew this 20 years ago.....Give it a rest joe....

I will try to get paper work from my father-inlaw to see who had the freight. Should of got right then my bad. But I know ABF has been delivering this shipment to them before out of Tyler,TX

Hard for me to see ABF use someone like this to deliver there freight after working for them 40 + years. I thought they had more PRIDE then that and does Panther use 53' trailers?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Panther 53' trailer but I can't really say for sure. I will check them out now and see. I have met a couple of Panther drivers and they all speak English as good as I do. If the shipment originated from Tyler and Raul, Sergio or Jose` had it it could well have just been given to someone else by the shipper but not because a driver didn't want to work. By now the Fort knows it happened and should have alerted the salesperson about it. Who the shipper is would help too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Panther 53' trailer but I can't really say for sure. I will check them out now and see. I have met a couple of Panther drivers and they all speak English as good as I do. If the shipment originated from Tyler and Raul, Sergio or Jose` had it it could well have just been given to someone else by the shipper but not because a driver didn't want to work. By now the Fort knows it happened and should have alerted the salesperson about it. Who the shipper is would help too.
Panther has 53s I see them all the time ....

Yes Panther has 53 ft trailers. See them all the time running across I-10
My guess it was an interline carrier as this is not what Panther is into LTL..
Hard for me to see ABF use someone like this to deliver there freight after working for them 40 + years. I thought they had more PRIDE then that and does Panther use 53' trailers?