ABF | ABF / Teamster Pension

Most if not all people here are here for the benefits, and pension. Any reduction over and above whats been lost over the years just aint acceptable.
The companies assertion that they want out of all the pension funds is their prerogative. I want to see in black and white, and reviewed by certified retirement experts, that their plan is better than the one we have now. Then I just might think of considering their proposal. Otherwise forget it. Lets hit the picket line, and padlock the GD gate once and for all.
I am so GD tired of these aholes bargaining through the media. Effum.

Most if not all people here are here for the benefits, and pension. Any reduction over and above whats been lost over the years just aint acceptable.
The companies assertion that they want out of all the pension funds is their prerogative. I want to see in black and white, and reviewed by certified retirement experts, that their plan is better than the one we have now. Then I just might think of considering their proposal. Otherwise forget it. Lets hit the picket line, and padlock the GD gate once and for all.
I am so GD tired of these aholes bargaining through the media. Effum.

Looks like you need a beating over at the ATLANTIS club across the street. I am buying. See ya there.

Dude relax. If we lose this job theres a job in eastern Pennsylvania, delivering phone books and happy meals, and work for a millionaire........:hysterical:

If you work at any Mc Donalds you'll be working for a millionair.
They say it takes 2 million dollars to start up one of those fast food joints.

If we lock the gates, we won't move freight. We will stay strong, but the company maybe gone!! So where do we go. A UNION TODAY! LTL Freight Teamsters forever! Brother, stay strong and alway's remember our past!! Stand up for your right's! Never be forgotten!! Skilled trades are few and between, be distinguished, be proud, and fight for what is right in 2008!! Remember what your Brother & Sisters once stood for!!

If we lock the gates, we won't move freight. We will stay strong, but the company maybe gone!! So where do we go. A UNION TODAY! LTL Freight Teamsters forever! Brother, stay strong and alway's remember our past!! Stand up for your right's! Never be forgotten!! Skilled trades are few and between, be distinguished, be proud, and fight for what is right in 2008!! Remember what your Brother & Sisters once stood for!!

Amen....thank you:1036316054:

carey who?
ask him about the forgiving of what ups owed central states back in 94 i think!!!
that 94 mil would have matured into a princely sum by today and might have been a positive impact on the fund's condition

Ron Carey

Also ask Ron Carey & Co. why they ****** away Yellow's offer to organize their regional lines when Carey first took office. That would have been 10,000 teamster immediate teamster jobs. It was their plan (Yellow's), to put to work laid off teamsters from Jones Truck Line & others that were forced to work non union jobs to survive. One can only imagine how many jobs that would have been today.

Yellow after their acquisitions remains to be one of the Largest, yet financially unstable, LTL Carriers in the industry, look at the stock market today. Secondly as such, and up until today, they have some of the highest figures for LTL Teamsters on layoff. So were do we go with the additional 10,000 new hires that you alledge would have filled those "Teamster Jobs". If they were to go wrong, Can we say CF. Your thought of the 10,000 Teamster jobs would have done miracles to the already underfunded Teamster pension plan. The NMFA, has been built upon by Teamsters for many years and must prevail. LTL Teamsters can NOT settle for a sub par offer. UPS Freight is making an attempt to enter the industry, set the stage for a negotiated Company contract and for the entire LTL Industry. If successful, other's will soon follow!

Yellow/SAIA

However many employees SAIA has is how many Teamster jobs would have been added if Carey had tried to negotiate with Yellow. When they were turned down for a regional contract they promptly bought SAIA & the rest is history.
The inital offer from Yellow was to form a regional company with a teamster contract & progressive pay scale with full benefits from day one. Full benefits meant medical benefits & paying into the pension fund.
I know several teamsters that were laid off from Jones Truck Line that would have been thankful for another Teamster job & finished out their pension.

we have more pressing things to consider than to dwell in past mistakes
we have to deal with the potential new contract and move foward from there
more importantly lets not become part of any new mistakes

Thanks big steve, great post! Current and future Teamsters, Brothers & Sisters, need to keep informed at such a crucial time, with upcoming contract proposals in the very near future. The current offerings will have a HUGE impact on the entire LTL industry, future contracts, negotiations, and standards.
Knowledge is power! We must all stay United and Strong.
We can not allow anyone to Concur & Divide.

Living In The Past

You're right, bringing up the past only causes hard feelings, & yes we have more pressing problems. I have a habit of answering posts that I don't agree with. There is a difference in being firm with companies & being an idiot to the point that both sides commit *******. All of us have seen management spend a thousand company dollars to ***** labor out of a hundred. I learned in the military that a wise leader chooses his battles based on timing & position.

We can not bend on any benefits that we already have. We need to keep our pension amd our health. I have already seen billls from doctors that our insurance no longer covers. This is a reduction in our wages. How far do we go backwards becore we standup and say we want a piece of the rich pie?

Sogman is absolutely correct. It sounds like we are getting the rug pulled out from underneath us and we need to stay strong and united... especially on this contract. I only need a few more years for pension but the younger guys just getting into this job need to R E A L L Y look at this proposal. freight2008.org has sent a message out about a NMFA conference call for this sunday evening. should be worthwhile listening to.

Hey how about those of us trying to get vested? If this goes thru, I'd think that ABF pissed a whole lot of $$ into my non-existent pension the last few years???!!!

Mention that at the mtgs this weekend!!! I still need a couple of years here!

Hey how about those of us trying to get vested? If this goes thru, I'd think that ABF pissed a whole lot of $$ into my non-existent pension the last few years???!!!

Mention that at the mtgs this weekend!!! I still need a couple of years here!

this contract is a sham how stupid does hoffa and zollar think we are vote no